Barrow Fields Carry Me Home
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
All Welcome 
Intended for @Pepper <3

Sat atop a hill Kekoa had found a moment of peace. Ears perked and tail shifting lightly he watched a small white butterfly as it flew in the area around him.

He wondered how something so fragile lived so carelessly, without fear. Didn't it know that with a single swat he could destroy the wings it relied on?

Then again, maybe the bug was just stupid and unthinking.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He kept to himself. Not because he wanted to, but because he didn't know how not to. His entire being was built on independence. Physically, he had forfeited that, but mentally would take time. He struggled with names, scents, faces. Nothing new--he'd always struggled with them, but it mattered here. 

So that's why he was here. To hunt. Food was nameless, food's face didn't need to be remembered. Food wouldn't ask him about his day. 

The wolf, now equipped with a limp, had long ago picked up a scent, but was nearly to the point of giving up. The scent seemed to vanish altogether. 

"Fuck me," he groaned under his breath, lifting his head to figure out what could've happened. No clue. It just..stopped. Nothing at the end. The wolf on the hill caught his eye. Not the culprit. Pepper would've smelled them. There would've been signs of a struggle.  But they might've seen something, depending on how long they'd been there. 

He moved toward them.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
As the bug flew away he watched, but something new entered his line of sight as he did so: another wolf.

Now staring down the unfamiliar figure he instinctively came to a stand, his limbs tense and his face scrunching into what was meant to be a snarl.

While he was sure that he must look at least a bit intimidating, he really looked both confused and a bit stupid.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Young was his immediate assumption. He couldn't see anything that would've led to the wolf behaving this way. No meal to guard, no injury. Sure as hell didn't smell like pack territory. 

He knew that a fight would result in a loss for himself. Sure he had knowledge and size, but he couldn't effectively use either of those now. 

But he could act like he could. 

"Mind calmin' the fuck down?" he said, a comfortable distance away.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He was caught off guard by the words, pulling his head back up to raise an eyebrow at him. That wasn't the odd formality he had come to expect from these wolves.

"Who are you?"

He sounded as though he was demanding an answer.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He debated not giving an answer. He didn't like being interviewed like this by a stranger, but ultimately decided it senseless to waste time. 

"Pepper," he offered. He cocked a brow, expecting the other wolf to offer the same.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He furrowed a brow at the wolf. Pepper was an odd name, surely it had to be an attempt to mess with him. But he would not be made a fool of!

"I am Kekoa, and this is.." He paused with the realization that he really didn't have a leg to stand on. "..A hill I am standing on. This is my hill."

"What do you want?"
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
”Uh-huh,” he said, eyes narrowed at the child before him. He fought the urge to piss on a nearby rock. He wasn’t really in a position to instigate. 

”Been trackin’ a rabbit. Scent trail vanished right down there. Happen t’ see it?

If he wasn’t so decrepit, this wolf would’ve been between his jaws already.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"If I had don't you think I would have chased it down myself?"

He sat himself once again, eyes staring down at Pepper. Kekoa should know better than to act the way he was, but well, obviously he didn't.

"Rabbits don't just disappear, so maybe you aren't very good at following scents."
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He might actually hurt the wolf. It wasn’t worth it. But it kind of was. 

He wouldn’t. It was too risky. Even if he won, he’d be sore for weeks. 

“Could be,” he said, ”but I’m guessin’ a bird took it off.” 

That’s what made sense. Rabbits didn’t just vanish. 

And he really wanted to injure this cocky bastard.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Damn, that was a good point. A bird was a perfectly viable option.

"Go find the bird then - that's practically a feast if it hasn't ate the whole rabbit."

He wasn't too sure why he was so set on snapping at the other - they hadn't really done anything, and it certainly hadn't had the effect he expected.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
The old wolf's yellowed teeth were briefly visible, a rumble deep in his chest. He stared at the kid. 

A kid. That's all he was. 

"There're other rabbits. Bird got to that'n first." 

A good bite. Maybe a notch in his ear.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Then go find one - you're not getting anywhere bothering me."

Assuming the situation settled, he laid himself back down. His previous tension beginning to dissipate.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Alright. 

Pepper's head lowered, eying the wolf. A kid, to be sure, but certainly old enough to understand respect. Plus, Pepper was in no mood for this. He was frustrated, angry that he'd failed a hunt, and kind of hungry. 

"Get up," he demanded. It'd be the only warning the wolf got.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He was quick to furrow his brow, his face returning to it's previous scrunched up state.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?"

Despite his response, Kekoa did stand - though he was certainly confused.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He chose to ignore the question. 

"Know how to fight?" was his response. Pepper certainly did.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
That was an odd question, but one he was willing to answer.

"Obviously - it's hard to get by otherwise."

He didn't know much, but he knew enough. He hadn't done much outside of practice with his previous pack, however.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
"Good," he said, then shook out his coat. 

He lunged forward, ignoring the jolt of pain in his shoulder from the sudden movement. His maw hung open, fully intending to make contact with the kid's cheek.

Attack roll: 5

Going with +1 for attack, -1 for defense
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
For once, his consistent guard had paid off.

Feeling the sting of teeth meeting his cheek he shot for the old wolf's left shoulder, lifting his left arm and moving to place it on the other's side with the intention of pushing him down.

Roll result: 5
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Pepper grimaced, feeling his dull teeth sink below the cocky wolf's flesh. He worked extra hard to ensure each of his large canines punctured, including the halved nub. It sunk in with a felt "pop", tightened skin separating as it wedged itself in. 

He kept himself attached to the wolf's face, now tasting fresh blood. 

His shoulder flared with a new, fresh pain, which he quickly realized was the young wolf's teeth settling deep in his flesh. Unable to sustain strength, he fell to the side, his other shoulder popping under his skin. He grunted, but kept hold of the wolf's face. 

Roll result: 2
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Pulled down with the wolf he was now focused on getting rid of the jaws firmly clamped to his face. There was little he could do without causing more damage to himself - unless he could force Pepper to let go.

Snapping his jaws at what of Pepper's own face his muzzle could reach, he snarled.

Attack roll result: 5
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
He did finally let go, but catching a quick glance of the wolf's cheek first, which was matted red. His own face was soon the victim, and he soon felt his lip being pierced by the younger wolf's much sharper grin. 

Pepper growled, pushing up a paw aimed at the wolf's eye. 

Defense roll: 0
Atack roll: 3
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Defense Roll: 4, Attack Roll: 2

Quick to shut his eye, a paw pushing against it was still plenty uncomfortable. With this he let go so his own face could move away.

His opponent was plenty more skilled than him, and he wasn't looking for blood on his paws. He attempted to shove Pepper once again before jumping back.
- Kekoa Le -
Sapphique
Slate
249 Posts
Ooc — Dingo
Pepper's paw landed, but he was too slow to strike the dumb child's precious eyes. That may have been for the better. He wasn't looking to cause such a serious injury. 

His shoulders burned, one bleeding, and his mouth was dripping with both his own and the child's blood. When the kid offered to back off, Pepper didn't push further. His face was fairly messed up, and Pepper considered that enough. 

"Done already?" he asked through huffed breaths. He pulled himself to his paws, wincing as his body fought hard against him. He ran a tongue across his stained muzzle, tasting the individual puncture wounds.
Saatsine
Hunter
111 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He furrowed a strong brow as he stared down the wolf.

"I was taught basic manners - you look ancient enough to be my elder, I should have enough respect not to maul you."

His response kept up the cocky attitude he had displayed so far. There was some truth to it, but he also preferred to avoid adding any more punctures to his face; there wasn't anyone he could go to for help if a wound became infected.
- Kekoa Le -