Blacktail Deer Plateau Nuclear
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
@Pura perhaps?

Dante had kept in mind Valtyr's request and today he hoped to make good on his promise to ask about it. That was, if he could track down the elusive subject of the query. He knew Pura liked to hang around the borders, so that was where he was heading, the forests at the base of the plateau's neighboring mountains. Hopefully he could him there. Dante knew with a single call he could summon him, but though he felt Valtyr's guardianship was an important subject, it did not rate higher than food and protection. He would hate to interrupt Pura in the middle of either and distract him from more relevant duties.

Coming to the edge of their territory's line, he began to traverse parallel, slow steady gait carrying him along the edge. When he got to the end he would double back, but he doubted that the wolf would be patrolling the Plateau's more sheer edges. Dante liked to, but it was a rather useless practice for the most part. Nothing could scale those faces to gain entrance, at least not efficiently.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Dante's prediction was correct - as ever, Pura was lurking near the pack's borders, where the scent of wolf started to fade and ownership was questionable. He was taking a strategic leak when Dante came into view, and took time to finish up before emerging into the light.

Since conferring with his sister about what he felt the pair of them were owed, Pura had done little to further his cause. Life was comfortable, and he had put his leadership aspirations on the shelf.. for now. There was much to be understood about pack dynamics, and what Blue's new litter really meant. Pura was good at biding his time, and that was what he did now.

Besides, he liked Dante - it was nothing personal.

The grey titan approached the Alpha wordlessly - it was clear that Dante was seeking someone, or something, but Pura could not guess that he himself was the ultimate goal of the search.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Thankfully a second round would not be necessary, for Pura appeared before him silently in relatively short order. It might have been unnerving if Dante hadn't known him and known that was just his way. "Hey Pura. I have a question, if you have a minute?"

He did not think the massive wolf was doing anything time sensitive right now, but wanted to ensure before he began. He had little clue how this question would go over, it was a rather strange request for Pura but one that he felt might do both parties a lot of good if it worked out.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
A question? Dante hesitated, which made Pura wonder as to what the request might be. Something dangerous, perhaps, or 'unseemly'. For the second time that week, Pura almost cracked a smile. The wolves of the Plateau had been his moral compass since he was old enough to make mistakes, and the word 'unseemly' perfectly described what some of its members thought of Pura's weird behaviours.

Pura nodded for yes, and waited.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante waited, and at the nod, began. Pura wasn't the type to beat around the bush with, so he got right to the point. "I spoke with Valtyr, and he mentioned that you suggested he have a guardian. I agree, and when I asked who he wanted to fill the job, he requested you. Is it something you would be willing to do?"

If not, he could find someone else, he was sure. But he hoped that Pura would say yes.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura stared. He could scarcely remember suggesting to Valtyr that he should take on a guardian, and certainly hadn't expected to be chosen for the job. It was a position of trust - and responsibility.

Pura had never gotten the sense that he wasn't liked by the pack, but his particular brand of brain kept him at a distance. Perhaps this was his way in. Without leaving it long enough to suggest to Dante that he was hesitating, Pura nodded. "What do you want me to do?"
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
What did he want him to do?

Relieved that agreement had been given, Dante thought a moment, gently chewing the inside of one cheek thoughtfully. "Well, first I'd go find him. Let him know you've agreed. Then try to show him the ropes. See if you can find something he's talented in and, if you can't help him hone his skills, find someone who can?"

He trusted that Pura could handle this, and knew Valtyr was in good hands. Still, he felt the need to offer himself as backup. "If you need anything, though, let me know."
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Show him the ropes. Pura nodded thoughtfully. That wasn't actually such a bad idea. He could teach Valtyr to patrol the borders, and what to do with strangers - as Peregrine had once done for him. They would become friends. Pura needed friends.

"OK," he agreed simply, and without a further word about the matter the boy did a 180 and put his nose to the ground to do as he had been told.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante watched him go, happy that at least that matter was cleared up. Valtyr would hopefully flourish under Pura's watch and the rest of the pack to assist. It was one less worry on the Alpha's mind and he appreciated the burden being relieved.

Without a word he turned and left as well to go about other business, pleased with the results of their talk and grateful of Pura's willingness to step up.