A woman so heartless.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Eyes openniinnn!

It didn't dawn on him at first that something was different. He had woken up from a milk-induced coma, lazily lolling over onto his side so that his back rested against the side of his sister. This time when he woke, his eyelids did something weird. They peeled back and revealed a cloudy blur. It wasn't a huge difference between that and the darkness he had experienced all of his life, so he didn't really notice it right then as he gazed at the darkness of Milky-Comfort's side.

Constantine was surprised when he rolled his head and spotted whiteness. The stark difference of his sister's fur in comparison to the blackness he had seen since birth made him squeak in surprise, rolling back onto his belly and squawking again up at his mother in confusion. What was that thing and where had it come from? He mouthed around for the comfort of milk, avoiding the blob of white that was the confusing form of his sister next to him.
all you have is your fire
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Going to steal all the puppy cuteness! :D

Blue Willow had been watching more and more the littles ones that nestled there. She knew their eyes would be opening soon, but when she didn't know. And how she knew she wasn't sure, but she knew all the same. Of course it was her oldest son that saw it first. She laughed and lowed her head to look him in the eye. She knew his vision would still be blurry, and he's probably squeak again in alarm.

heaven's help her though it was a cute squeak. She licked the side of his tiny face, happiness rolling off of her in waves. She loved these children more than life itself. You can see little one. Just wait until you can hear too.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
mind if I jump in?

Dante had yet to greet the newest members of the pack officially, both because time had gotten away from him (an occurrence that happened often) and because he wasn't sure how soon was proper. Today, however, he had resolved to go by and at least request. He felt he would be remiss if he went much longer, and he knew Blue was aware she could ask him to come back another time if it was inopportune.

He had considered bringing something to eat, but decided against it and instead approached empty-handed. Doubtless Lasher was apt at providing and he could always retrieve something. When he arrived at the den's opening, he paused. "Knock knock." His good mood was evident, and he cocked his head, listening for a response.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I'm going to jump in, but I'll have her eyes open in a few days. :)

Dreaming was also an experience. They didn't have colors, for Eilidh couldn't see yet, but they included other senses. There was movement and touch, taste, and smell. Sometimes there were good dreams, such as one where her mother would be paying her attention, unless it was a bath. While Eilidh loved attention, baths were a big no-no. There were also the bad dreams, the ones were she was alone and by herself. She was having one of those dreams when Constantine woke her with his movement.

The difference between dreams and reality were often obscured along some lines, for she didn't open her eyes when she woke up. Most of the dreams were forgotten upon awakening, which helped a great deal, but some of the persistent dreams stayed in her mind when she woke. This was one such time. Eilidh didn't even know that she had been asleep; everything was real to her as she had no concepts of possible and impossible. All she knew was that she had been lost and stranded, but now her brother bumped against her. The fur of Blue Willow was also felt, and she let out a relieved squeak.

Dante's presence was completely unknown to her.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
PEOPLEZ! <3

(& feel free to let me know if you don't like Connie kicking Eilidh, Sydney! He's kind of an unintentional jerk. >___> <3)

-------------------------------------------------------------

His chest puffed out a bit, anxious. Constantine felt the whuff of his mother's breath against his face and he pressed his nose up into it. This time something moved there, though. A dark form amid the blurry world around him. The boy froze for a second, then realized it was Milky-Comfort. His tail wagged a rapid pace at her, his body pressing forward with little noises of pleasure. Though he didn't understand what was happening - what seeing was - he knew he liked that face. That he loved that face, in fact.

The brush of her tongue across his face soothed him as well, made him feel a happy bubble of excitement. He kept pressing toward her, wanting to see and feel more now that his eyes were open. Carelessly, he rammed his hind feet into his sister's ribcage in his attempts.

Like his sibling, he was unaware Dante had even come to visit at that moment.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Haha I love that nickname for baby boy :D babies can eat meat tomorrow! regurgitated of course.. but still I can't believe it's been almost 15 days already

Blue heard the knock knock and giggled as she called for Dante to come on down. She had been hoping it was lasher, so she could share in this experience with him. However, he was probably out hunting and being a good provider. She smiled softly, Dante was just as good to share such a thing with as he was a very good friend.

Blue Willow smiled at her daughters squeak and paused for a moment with talking to Constantine to lean forward and lick her face as well and push her around her brother and closer.

Then she went back to looking at Constantine, as clearly Eilidh wasn't quite ready yet to open her eyes. Casmir was still asleep and all was well in her happy little home.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante waited until a confirming call from Blue came before coming only partway in, crouching in the entrance so not to crowd them. Immediately his eyes went to the three little bundles by her, watching with a slow smile as they moved around. "Oh Blue, they're adorable." He said, extending to get a closer look before turning to her. "How are you doing?" He knew she was pretty much stuck in here at all times, but somehow he doubted she minded that much. She was the nurturing type far as he could tell.

The pups weren't yet old enough to interact, but already he was surprised with how well they moved about. He hadn't expected them to be so wiggly, though he had zero experiences with ones so young. Junior and her siblings had been months old by the time he arrived. They didn't seem aware of much, but he was sure in no time they would be ready to make their hellos to their pack family.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Woo! I need to have Eilidh open her eyes tomorrow/day after too.

Eilidh already showed a few personality traits. The one that stood out the most was her spoiled little princess personality, where she acted as if it was her right to have her parents' attention on her at all times. But, there were a few other traits that flared up every now and then, such as the fighter and survivalist that showed up at that moment in response to Constantine kicking her.

She let out a loud yelp. It wasn't one of pain, but one of protest. Whether her brother meant to do it or not, he had kicked her, and Eilidh wasn't about to let him get away with it. Turning herself around, she did her best to propel herself forward on her tiny legs. She succeeded with ramming her face into Constantine's side, even if it didn't do much, (if any,) damage.
Trades
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
I'm never sure if I am playing a stage of development right. *flail*

He was shocked, dismayed, aghast when the white wiggly creature at his side moved forward and headbutted him. The boy squeaked in high pitched protest, his hind feet pushing him forward. Away from the creature of cream that was clearly his adversary when it came to all things. Her familiar scent was one that he had known to come up against him when going for a choice teat, pushing him away as her own greedy mouth latched on. Constantine was not a fan.

So it was that his first thought in the world was distaste for his sister, particularly the color of her fur and her general inability to let him do whatever he wanted. The boy would change his opinion rapidly, especially as play and personality came into existence between the trio of young siblings. In his two-week-old mind, though, there was nothing of importance except what he wanted and his own feelings.

Which the white-blob didn't seem to understand, know or care. The boy half-turned his head to more vibrations and gave a wobbily look at the blurred form that was Dante. Fearlessly, he moved toward it. Head raised and mewls escaping from his lips of curiosity.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Heres a rough guide

Blue smiled thank you the boys look most like their father. Eilidh looks like my mother. Constantine has found out what his eyes do today so be prepared for his curiosity. She smiled to herself as the two oldest wrestled a bit around. They were often fighting for milk and warmth, but she never let one really win over the other. She made sure all had what they needed.

She dipped her muzzle to Dante, I am well. Oh forgive me. The one propelling himself towards you is Constantine, this little white ball of fluff is Eilidh and the little one here. She moved so he could see Casmir, This is casmir He was the smallest and oblivious in his deep sleep.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Even as she was speaking, her son was making his way slowly towards the Alpha male. He inspected him, catching the glimmer of light on small eyes just opened. "Hey little guy." Constantine. It was a strong name for a strong child. "Their names suit." They were not of his heritage but held beauty still. Even Dante's own family hadnt been named with Roman constraints, after all. Their heritage had been diluted in many ways.

"I see you both in them. Her color is exquisite." A child of sunshine. All would no doubt be handsome when grown. Softly Dante allowed his muzzle to brush Constanrine's head, feeling the soft downy fur before withdrawing a bit.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Had she known that Dante had just complimented her, Eilidh would have been delighted. But, she did not know. All she knew was that her brother had left her side. Her other brother was fast asleep. This meant that Eilidh had her mother all to herself - or at least she thought she did.

To get her mother's attention back onto her, Eilidh started to try and climb Blue Willow's side. Fur didn't have the best traction, so she ended up sliding down several times until she miraculously found herself on top of her mother.
Trades
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
So sorry for my slow. ._.

-----------------------------------------------------

Connie was completely obsessed with his new sense already; his sight made him able to detect things that used to be foreign to him. The warm soft comfort of his mother's face, the gentleness of her tongue swiping across him... all of it had a whole other aspect to it now that he could visualize it instead of merely feeling it.

His attention had turned toward the alpha, though he didn't know this was an alpha or what alpha would even mean to him someday. He didn't hear, but opened his maw like the adult did and made a noise without realizing it. The brush of the leader's nose against his head was a comfort and the boy wagged his tail even as he continued pedaling forward, aiming to taste and touch and smell the leader's leg.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue turned green eyed gaze to her daughter. A small smile on her face, she couldn't see all of her daughter. She could however see a little bit of her. What are you doing up there little one?

Blue turned back towards Dante and Constantine, Thank you. Be warned, Constantine will chew your foot until it is soaked. Just as a warning. She chuckled softly as he went straight for the leaders leg. She hadn't been jesting, all the children explored their parents at least once with small teeth and tongues.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante didn't move as the pup came closer, laughing at Blue Willow's warning. "I don't mind," he answered, "I'm sure my paws can handle it."

They were adorable and the alpha was completely charmed. He grinned at Eilidh's new perch. An adventurous one, that one! Both, really. Dante was a large unknown, yet Constantine didn't hesitate to explore. Only Casmir stayed away, but Dante did not approach. He would allow the child rest, for there would be plenty of time for a meeting later.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Wanna start wrapping it up as it's almost a month old?

Feeling the vibrations Blue gave off as a result of her climbing made Eilidh happy. She let out a convivial squeak as she started kneading her mothers back in an effort to make her do it again. However, the increased amounts of movement sent her sliding down her side until she came to a halt by colliding with Casmir. It didn't seem to have waken her brother, and Eilidh herself was unharmed.

But, the adventure had tired her out. Drowsily, she placed her chin on Casmir's rump. While she didn't fall asleep right away, it would've been impossible to tell.
Trades