Blackfeather Woods Visiting a friend
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
For Cutiepatootie @Kove , other BFW members can reply too if someone wants to butt in and agitate Kove >D

A light appearance came closer to the dark forest that was Black Feather woods. Scarlett grew more hesitant at each step. A light and fluffy ball of sunshine she was would easily be pulled into the shadows if she would enter those dark woods coming up in front of her. Scarlett then pushed herself forward. She had to be brave. She only couldn't see how Kove could live here. He seemed like such a nice and friendly guy. Maybe Kove wasn't and it was all an act. Scarlett's ears flattened. No, Kove had saved her from that mountain lion. He couldn't have a bad heart otherwise he would have watched the cat eat her to pieces.

That last thought gave the female more courage. She felt bad for running back to Duskfire and not even let anything know towards her friend. Kove was a good guy and she had put others before him. Mainly the pups of Duskfire because they needed her. But that was besides the point. At a certain moment she reached the dark black forest's edge. She did not dare to enter or even trot all the way to the border of the pack. She couldn't do it. She was about 0.5 mile (0.8KM) away from the border. That looked like a safe distance.

For a moment the white lady just stood there. Her toes curling into the ground. This pack didn't smell nice, even their lands were a dump of darkness and -- god knows what. What if they lured wolves in to be tortured for their fun? Or.. they would just assassinate someone that wanted to visit a friend. Scarlett's red eyes grew fearful. It took an internal debate of ten minutes before she howled for Kove. Her loyalty was bigger than her fear. He was her friend and she knew he was good even though his living condition told her otherwise...
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove went into worrying mode almost instantly omg

The pale wolf had been returning from an encounter with one of the pups of the pack when a wolf glided through the air. He recognized it instantly as belonging to his friend Scarlett, and made haste as he headed in the direction from which it'd sounded. They had not seen one another since the incident with the cougar, and knowing that only made him move faster. She would have had to go passed the place they'd met the wolf-eating creature in order to reach the forest, and he hoped she hadn't had another run in with the cat while he was not there to protect her. Kove was also worrying over the injuries she'd sustained during said encounter, despite his subconscious telling him that they would have already been closed up and more or less healed by now.

With all those thoughts running through his mind, it was no surprise that the white wolf ran right up to her and started inspecting every inch of her body as soon as he'd exited both the woods and the pack's territory. Once his inspection was done, and he found no traces of harm on her, he let out a relieved breath of air and took a single step back, a smile falling into his features as he did so. “Hello, Scarlett. I'm glad to see that you are doing well,” Kove said, his tail wagging a bit. “You didn't run into any trouble on the way over here, did you?” The man couldn't help but ask, as it'd been nagging at his inner thoughts since the moment he'd heard her call for him.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Ohhhh so cute! Love it! :D Uh oh... Friend zoned. xD

The white appearance didn't had to wait long. Soon she saw a white furred wolf like her run up. She felt her heart jump a bit at the sight of the excited wolf. Was he pleased to see he? Oh. That was nice to know. He really was a good friend then. Her red eyes widened a bit when he didn't stop and came all the way up to her. Kove's nose sniffled all over her body before even greeting her. She felt the heat rising to her cheeks, luckily she had fur. Was still bits of her heat scenting her fur? Or--

The female watched the male back up with a wagging tail and a smile. Scarlett returned the smile. "Hi, Kove," she greeted back. "It is good to see you." She had missed him, although she wasn't sure if he was going to admit that. "No I did not," she assured to the male. Her red eyes scanned over him in a bit of a shy manner. Her tail gently wagging. Scarlett stepped forward and moved her nose closer to Kove. He scented of the lands of his pack.

The white lady sat down. "I thought that I should visit you since I have horribly neglected you as my friend. I'm sorry, Kove! Forgive me?," she asked, that last part sounded softer than the other part of the sentence. "The cougar scared me and then I had all these pack duties I needed, or well, wanted to do--I'm sorry," she then smiled in a sad matter. She really was feeling guilty for neglecting the friend that saved her.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The light coated lupine was glad to hear that she hadn't run into any trouble, and let it show as a relieved breath passed out through his mouth. “I am happy that you did not run into any trouble on your journey over here,” he told her. “I wouldn't want you getting hurt just to see me.” Scarlett was someone Kove could easily speak to, and he had no problem letting a bit of his real emotions slip out when around her. She was kind and didn't ever appear to have a mean bone in her body, making the two very close to being complete opposites. He would never show her his lying or aggressive side, however, unless if it was to protect her; as he'd done with the overgrown feline.

“You don't need to apologize to me, Scarlett,” he informed her, not wanting his friend to feel guilty at all. “We both must have been busy, and I would never want for you to force yourself to come see me after such an event.” The cougar had hardly done anything to effect him, other than make him dislike the creatures even more. Kove had grown up sharing land with the giant cats, though, so he was use to them. He didn't know where his friend grew up, or what type or predators littered her old home, so he couldn't really blame her for being a bit shaken up by the cougar wanting to eat her. “Your pack duties and what you want to do come before anything else. I do forgive you, and will never not.”

Though slightly hesitant at first this time around, the copper eyed wolf still moved close to her once more in order to give her a reassuring nuzzle. He wasn't mad, he could never be mad at her, and wanted to see her happy smile replace the sad one. “Just as long as you don't ever forget about me entirely, I think we'll be fine,” he said, offering her a smile to try and lighten up the mood a bit.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett noticed the relieved sigh coming from the wolf. Her red eyes looked at Kove with curiosity and a hint of wonder. Secretly she was glad too that she had not encountered any trouble. The cat had scared her quite a lot especially because the cat was an albino too, and it had been a crazed monster. She didn't want that to happen to her. Scarlett wouldn't let that happen. She wanted to be a shining light to the wolves around her, mainly because she didn't had any wolves believe in her when she was younger. She would do her best to be kind to everyone. "I'm glad too, that cat was really crazy. And I totally ran like a coward," she ended in a whisper.

The pale female looked at Kove. "I want to apologize. It makes me feel better. I am glad you forgive me Kove. I am trying to be stronger and better myself! And I had a spare moment of time! So I came down here," she hummed. Frankly, it was because she was missing Néa. The girl took most of her time but she loved it. Now the teenager was gone suddenly gaps started to show. She wanted to fill them up with moments of joy, and then she thought of her friend Kove to visit. She really liked him.

Scarlett leaned a bit into the nuzzle, taking in his strong scent. The younger female smiled shyly and tiptoed forward for a super quick lick over Kove's cheek. "Never. I won't forget my white knight!," she spoke, and then chuckled. Oh, my! Kove totally was her white knight. Scarlett didn't think of any one overhearing them nor did she wonder what Kove's pack would think of her calling him a white knight.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove agreed when she mentioned the cat hazing been crazy, though that wasn't the word he would use. Psychotic, insane, better off dead—those where words he would use if asked to describe the feline. How such a beast had yet to be slain was puzzling, but then again, who would be crazy enough to take on an unpredictable loon? Kove apparently, as he had attempted to fight off the creature in order to protect his friend. When Scarlett brought up the memory of her running away from the beast, and called herself a coward in the process of doing so, the alabaster wolf had to shake his head in disagreement. “We all have moments where we need to run away,” he said, wanting to cheer her up over the topic. “You weren't acting as a coward, you were acting as a sane wolf.” Had they both been decent fighters, rather than a fighter and a lover, then perhaps they could have stood a chance against the cougar. With how it was at the time, however, there was no way they could win, exactly, leaving running to be the only option. She had taken the correct course of action, and he wanted for her to see that.

The man smiled at her next words, feeling happy for her. He could understand how apologizing could make someone feel better, but what he was happy over was because she had come to visit him in her spare time, and because she'd been working to better herself—if Scarlett getting any better than she already is is even possible. “It's good that you've been working so hard,” Kove praised, genuinely glad to hear what she had to say.

The lick to his check shocked him, but he did not step away after it happened, and the shock in his eyes was quickly wiped away and replaced with a look of endearment. Then, it changed to amusement when she referred to him as her 'white knight'. “Well, it's great to know you'll never forget about me,” he said. “Though I'm not so sure about that whole 'knight' thing. Don't most knights not allow any harm to come to the princess? I could not keep the beast's claws away from you entirely.” It still bugged him that he had allowed the creature to scrape it's claws through Scarlett's coat and skin. “Hopefully I can live up to your words if something like that ever happens again.”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I AM MELTING STOP. THIS IS TOO CUTE.

Scarlett tipped her head a bit. Her brain began to revive the memory. Perhaps it had been better that she had ran away. They might have been ending up as food for the cat. A shiver went down her spine as she saw those red eyes in her memory. The blood red eyes she had too. Scarlett looked sad now. "Do--D-Do my red eyes remember you of hers?," she asked feeling suddenly insecure. What if he did? Oh that would be bad. Her tail immediately fell. It wasn't between her legs yet but the tail was close to creeping between them. It only showed how affected the female still was by the encounter. She had ran very fast past the location where it happened. Scarlett had been extra alert for any cat activity. Yet, now she had reached her destination she was proud of herself for doing so. She really was working on herself in being a better wolf.

The female flushed a bit, thank god for her furs. Scarlett nodded. "Yes. I earned my Caretaker trade and I am close to getting my Naturalist too! My previous pack didn't let me go after a trade because you know--," she ended in a mumble. Scarlett wasn't sure if she had told the pale white knight of her horrible past. She wasn't bitter about it but she felt that Kove would not agree with what happened before she arrived her. He was such a good guy, no one could convince Scarlett otherwise.

Scarlett let out a soft chuckle in return. "Well good thing I am no princess," she pointed out playfully. The albino didn't feel like a princess at all more like a hard worker. A happy hard worker. "You were great, Kove. Without you I would be cat food. You saved me and my shoulder is fine. See? It is all healed," she hummed softly in response. "Of course you will. I trust you."
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I am officially nothing more than a puddle on the ground now omg DARN THESE TWO FOR BEING SO CUTE!

When the look of sadness entered her eyes, Kove's ears went back slightly. Her question was silly, but he did not tell her that. They may share an eye color, but the eyes hold two separate souls behind them. One was a vicious monster, while the other was the kind and gentle woman who stood so close to him now. Their eyes held different stories behind them, different ideas and memories. One set he loved, while one set he hated. The only similarity they held was the color, and even that had it's differences to the white wolf. Scarlett's always seemed to be lit up and full of life, but had hadn't see that within the cat's depths. All he'd seen that say was a look of blood lust, and he never wished to see such a look directed towards his companion for as long as they both lived. The sadness had dimmed the light, however, so he leaned forward and nudged the her cheek with his nose, before bringing his back back to look her in the eyes. “Your eyes could never remind me of anyone else but you,” he said, his voice low so as to share the words with her alone. Especially not her's. You hold a light in your eyes, one that no one could ever match.” He wanted to see that light at it's brightest.

Kove was pleased to hear she was doing so well in her pack, but the last part of her words made him freeze for a second to think. He didn't know of Scarlett's past or what life had been like for her back in her old pack, but now he wanted—no, he needed—to know what had happened. “You've come very far since our first meeting,” he commented, adding in his smile towards the end. “I am curious as to what your life was like before coming here, though. I don't believe you ever told me.” The way she had mumbled the last part had alerted him to the fact that something was up. He couldn't do anything about what happened in the past now, except for keep her safe and out of harm's way in present time, but he still felt he should know. Just in case anyone from her past, or anyone who ever gave her trouble, ever showed up.

The pale man let his head shake back and forth slowly, a small, knowing smile playing on his muzzle. “That is where you are wrong,” he told her. “You are a princess, and one who deserves the best that can be provided for you.” Kove had never complimented anyone before in the ways he did Scarlett. She was someone worth thinking for, worth making feel loved and appreciated. He looked over he shoulder as she mentioned it, seeing that it really had healed up rather nicely, but that was beside the point. If she was going to call him a knight, then he was going to do everything he could to serve her as one, and keep all danger from reaching her—even if it were to cost him his own life. “Thank you for trusting me,” he voiced, adoring the fact that she'd said he held her trust.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I know right? I'm melting too. Now I am also evil enough to think what would happen if someone from BFW would hear/see Kove like that towards Scar! :P

Scarlett hoped that Kove would not think of her like a monster or demon like he previous pack did. This big cat might have ruined everything! Kove was a good friend by now. One of those that you did not need to talk to every day because they still would be your friend. The first time they met she was lost and he helped her back to the Glacier. The second time they met it was suppose to be fun, but then that cat showed up and wanted to make them her lunch. Kove had helped her once more. She wondered what would happen today now she was meeting Kove for the third time. The white knight had to keep on saving her. Well that sounded a bit pathetic. Although, then Kove spoke those sweet words. His voice was so low and intimate that a shiver moved over her spine. Kove spoke to her, and her only. Her red eyes fell into his copper ones, feeling her skin heat up. Scarlett was practically in heaven because a wolf just mentioned she had a light to project on others. That was all she wanted. She opened her mouth to bark a reply but noting came out. The female let her eyes fell to her toes for a moment. "Thank you.. That is-- very nice to hear and kind of you to say," she returned softly, looking up again with that excited sparkle in her eyes.

When another compliment tumbled of Kove's lips Scarlett didn't know what do to with herself. She was not used to this at all. Scarlett was trying to grow from her mistakes and she had made a few since coming here to Teekon. By his other question the girl realized that Kove did not know what happened to her. "You don't want to know. I left for a reason," she returned. "Not that I am bitter about it! It made me see what type of wolf I don't want to be," the female explained. She wanted to be the opposite of all of them which already hinted to how bad it was. "They called me a monster and stuff. I was the only white wolf and on top of that I had red eyes too. I was a demon and -- yeah. I wasn't allowed to join in a lot of things. Lowest rank and no trades. Nothing really. Like.. opening my mouth could already piss them off," she shrugged. "It gave me amazing observing skills." Once more Scarlett only saw the positive side of it.

A white tail started wagging at that. "Okay... I am a princess. BUT! I am not a spoiled mean princess. I am a nice one that is kind to others and treats everyone fairly," she spoke in return. As a joke she put some poise into her tone and lifted her head a bit. After her words she turned her head to a neutral stance and let out a chuckle. Now she felt like snuggling against her friend. Was that weird? Those kind words he spoke with were probably because they were friends nothing more. "Of course, Kove. You helped me out with something every time I have seen you so far. You definitely deserve that trust."
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Oh no. Guess we'll find out when/if Bane steps in, huh? XD

He meant each and every word he said. Everything that left his mouth and entered the ears of his companion was the pure and honest truth. He could not lie to her, even if he tried. Something about her called forth the honest side of people, or so he believed anyways. Perhaps it was just him who she had such an effect on? He doubted that entirely. The air the surrounded her, that seemed to protect her from the evil of the world, was something that he thought couldn't be resisted by anyone. Maybe, just maybe, Kove was just too far gone into the emotions he felt towards her for the albino to not have an effect on him. “You are welcome,” he replied, momentarily overjoyed to see the sparkle in her eyes once more. God, he loved that look. “I speak only the truth, though. If anyone ever speaks the opposite of what I've told you, do not listen for they are a liar.” It was as if the white lupine was incapable of saying anything to Scarlett that wasn't a compliment in some fashion.

As the woman told of the life she'd come from, Kove could not help but allow the anger to grow within him. He hated those who tormented the one he loved- huh? Mentally, the man shook his head and forced himself to calm down and relax a bit. He couldn't allow himself to get so worked up over something that was in the past, as he did not wish to upset Scarlett in anyway. She appears to have moved passed it, and even saw something positive within it, so he did not want to react in a way that might not seem right to her. “They were wrong with what they said, and with how they treated you,” was all he said for the moment, still working to recollect himself. Quietly, he let out a breath of air and allowed his smile to return to him, as it had fallen upon hearing of her previous life. “They should have treated you with the utmost respect, and honored you as the kindhearted individual that you are.” Kove's banner began to sway once more. The pale being enjoyed giving compliments to her, and adored saying all sorts of kind things to her.

Allowing a chuckle to escape him, he agreed to what she said. “You are the kindest and fairest princess of them all,” Kove told her, bowing as he did. He would love to spoil her, to give her anything and everything she wanted. When a candle's light is glowing so brightly that it can light the darkness, who would want to put it out? Mostly no one. They wished to coddle and feed the flame, to let it thrive and provide it's light and warmth for everyone. That thought made Kove a bit uneasy. He didn't want to share Scarlett with anyone, he wanted her for himself. He wanted to be the one to coddle and love her, to witness her grow stronger and stronger. “I will do the best I can to never lose your trust.” Gaining the trust of another meant everything to the white knight. While he had killed the partial trust given to him by Star, the pack's ex-captive, he had no desire to allow the same fate to fall upon the trust given to him by his friend. Though he said nothing about it, Scar had been given his trust already. Someday, he hoped for it to grow larger and larger on both sides.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Oh yes! Definitely

Scarlett was slowly getting more flustered around Kove and all his compliments. She moved a bit closer to him. How could a wolf like him be in Black Feather Woods? She had heard such cruel things about it. Scarlett chuckled softly when he spoke. "I will think about your words when someone is mean to me," she hummed softly, a smile on her face, one that she kept that way because from the inside she was a happy squealing puppy. She was a bit of a sucker for all the compliments and Kove was doing a good job at it.

Scarlett shrugged. "That will never happen and I accepted it. They don't like me. But here are wolves that do like me and admire me for what I can do. It makes the past just something in the past. They learned me what type of wolf I don't want to be," she explained wisely. She wasn't bitter for what they had done to her. Scarlett did however had some hidden anger that she would use on revenge though. She would love to have one of them begging for help. Eventually she would help but the albino would let them suffer. That sounded so dark for a lighthearted female as her.

Scarlett lit up once more once the white wolf actually bowed for her. "Kove, you are so silly," she laughed and nudged him with er nose. They were still close to Black Feather and Scarlett didn't want to be killed for having one of their members bow to her. Scarlett leaned in once more and licked over the tip of his nose. "I don't think you can. You saved me so many times already." Her eyes fell onto Kove. His voice was so.. hot and his body bigger and stronger than hers. Oh, she liked him alright. But she never got the guys she liked. Kove saw her as a friend so that was what she would be.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
I guess he 's not the wingman type... :s

The howl that echoed through the darkness of Blackfeather would've never gone unnoticed by the territorial Beta. The pitch of it suggested it was a female, one that Bane didn't recognize, and it called specifically for Kove, which meant that he was -for some forbidden reason- interacting with an outsider. It was only natural that Bane's interest got picked by the occurrence, and so he left his guard post to attend the call by himself, not knowing that Kove had already gotten there.

His posture was the appropriate one for a Beta, tail high, ears straight upright, maybe a little arrogant to speak truth, but the situation was only asking for it. The scent that the female emanated was that of other wolves, which hinted the fact that she was actually part of a pack, and not a loner as the Arctic beast was hoping. Those weren't good news, nor were they pleasing either. Bane trotted towards the couple, imposing, powerful, and when he posed himself by Kove's flank, thinking that the Gamma was doing his duty as a good warden, Bane shot a warning growl at the Duskfire female.

"I'm warning you. You don't want to end up like the last trespasser did." his voice rumbled.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Words as simple as joy or happiness could no longer describe how the man was feeling. She said she would think of his words when someone was mean to her, which meant she would sort of be thinking of him as well—or so was the way he saw it. Aside from that, he hated the idea of her ever having to think of his words. Thinking of them would mean someone had been cruel to her, and he despised the thought of that ever happening. “They may have helped to veer you from the path of holding wickedness in your heart, but I still do not like the idea of anyone hurting you—whether it was in the past or not.” One thing Kove could not understand, was how someone could show something other than kindness to the woman who had a knack for cheering everyone up. It was improbable, in thought, but in reality it was not. The harsh actions and words one could bestow upon another, no matter what type of soul they held within them, was something that could never be pushed from the world. Such a thing became all the more clear to the alabaster man as footfalls sounded and then stopped, having been replaced by the presence of the Beta and the sound of a growl and words instead.

The new presence was enough to send Kove back into his more serious way of acting, and made his body move on it's own. He discretely began positioning himself between the albino and the Northerner, once again wishing only to protect the bright eyed girl. “Bane, interesting seeing you here,” he greeted, attempting to lighten the mood a bit before giving into his need to protect Scarlett. “She is not trespassing, though, don't you see? She did well in stopping a respectful distance from our borders. She'd do no harm even if she had, anyways.” Kove tossed a few watchful glances to his friend to make sure she was still there, but aside from that his gaze focused more on the man before him. They were pack mates, yes, and Kove had agreed to serve the Brotherhood, but he wasn't prepared to allow any words of cruelty to fall to Scarlett while he was standing right there.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett hummed softly when Kove was still being adorable. Her red eyes looked at him fondly. "It is bound to happen Kove," she returned with a chuckle. "It makes you grow." Scarlett almost sounded wise saying something like that. The kind hearted female stood close to Kove, wondering what they would do now. But before she could ask another wolf turned up from the direction of the borders. Scarlett wanted to hide by Kove's side but the white male made sure that he was by Kove first. Immediately she stepped back a few paces. Her ears falling back in uncertainty. Her red eyes falling helplessly to Kove.

The growl made her back off even more. All her confidence she had before vanished the second she looked into the stranger's eyes. They were different from Kove's warm copper ones. Apparently he was called Bane.. "Mr. Bane. Sir... Like Kove said. I stopped a mile outside of your borders not to offend you," she returned. Scarlett wouldn't want to get Kove in trouble. What if they don't allowed him to be friendly towards other packs? The female worried that she might never see Kove again.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

The Beta was taken aback when suddenly, Kove's posture changed into a protective one, and not towards his lands as it was supposed to be, but towards the sttranger, which seemed to be no stranger to Kove. Bane's eyes flared with anger, but it stopped there; neither his lips nor his body showed any kind of further aggression towards the female.

Bane totally ignored the female's comment, feeling that not even a thousand miles would be enough for him to feel comfortable. "Oh! You know her, I suppose...?" the northerner slowly asked Kove with a rasp to his voice that suggested he wasn't entirely happy about it. "And what is she supposed to be doing here, brother? Is she going to join us?" he said denoting with his voice that that would probably the best answer Kove could give the Beta and probably the only one that would satisfy him. There was nothing that justified friendly interactions with outsiders in Bane's opinion, but then again he was just being the possessive beast in which he had become.

The anger evident in the Northerner's eyes, probably should have made Kove hesitant, or at least careful with his words, but it didn't. He saw no reason to lie, as the answer to her presence there was a simple one; she was there to see him, and that was all that mattered. The thought of it upsetting,or angering, any of his fellow pack mates had never crossed it mind, as he could focus only on the albino when she was around. “Yes, I do know her,” he answered somewhat calmly. “She is here simply to see me, and for nothing else. I do not believe she would ever wish to join, either.” His gaze moved to Scarlett for a second, as if looking for a sign of confirmation, before moving back to the white-eyed beast.

Kove could not decipher how the other man would react to his words, but he was prepared to stand by them if he needed to. He had protected his friend in the past, and would continue to do the same for meetings to come. Even if it got him on Bane's shitlist, it would be worth it just to know he'd kept his friend from harm's reach once more.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett knew when she was ignored and unwanted. She knew those feelings all too well. It gave her a glimpse of her past. The male's cold white eyes didn't even look at her but focussed on Kove. Her ears flattened when the beta asked if Kove knew her. Oh maybe he should say no. He probably will say no. But then Kove did the opposite and just admitted that she was his friend. Her heart swelled. Other times if someone would hang out with her they would drop her the second someone saw them together. Scarlett got confirmed now that Kove would even admit to his pack that he was hanging out with her.

The female was so used to not speaking that it took her a few seconds to realize Kove wanted her to speak. "Eh. No. I don't want to join your pack. I wouldn't really fit in," she mumbled. Scarlett was wise enough not to admit she couldn't fight. Her red eyes looked at Kove. Maybe it was just better if she left. "I.. I should go..," She spoke, obviously affected by this all. "Maybe I will see you around someday, Kove. Um. Bye, Mr. Bane," she said politely before turning on her heels and walking off. When she did walk off the female looked sad. Scarlett felt horrible for leaving Kove like that.. But... She couldn't disrespect a dangerous wolf like that other one. One thing was certain, she wouldn't come close to this pack ever again.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

As kove spoke, Bane's posture was inexpressive. He couldn't believe that he was the only one that though it was an absolute mistake to let a friend get so close to Blackfeather Woods when she wasn't even a loner with possibilities of joining. Where had Kove been when Star was repeatedly tortured until she was driven crazy? Hadn't he been present when Bane took away the life of Eclipsis the day she trespassed? It was foolish to even howl that close to the packlands. In one thing he would agree with Scarlett, she would never fit in in Blackfeather Woods.

The Beta watched as the female turned around to leave. He didn't care that she was sad, she had been lucky to be Kove's friend, otherwise she would've never lasted so long in Bane's presence. His eyes followed her until she was out of the picture, and that's when they fell upon Kove. Harsh. Cold.

"What do you think you're doing?" he barked sharply, "You know what Meldresi thinks about outsiders wandering so close to out home, Kove. Do you want your friend to die?" he looked bewildered. Kove had struck him as a smart guy the first time they met, what had happened to him?

The pale wolf gave a simple nod to his friend as she departed, disappointed by the fact that they seemed to always get interrupted by one thing or another. Despite the interruptions, though, they seemed to continue to come together once more at a time afterwords, and would have a nice time together until history repeated. He watched her retreating form closely, his gaze only returning to Bane once he deemed her to be a decent distance away. He was might with a harsh gaze, as was to be expected, but didn't linger on that fact. Instead, he pieced together an answer for him in his mind.

“I believe I was speaking with a friend,” he responded, his words holding the potential for humor, but the tone of his voice didn't let such a thing slip through. “She stayed a respectful distance away, and even if she hadn't I am confident in my abilities to keep her safe from any sort of danger that might try to grab hold of her.” In hindsight, it may have been foolish to allow her as close as he did, but simply turning her away because of it seemed wrong. He had not expected anyone else to respond to a call meant for him, and while he should have suspected the possibility of another pack member appearing anyways, his mind had been a bit preoccupied with thoughts of the crimson eyed woman. “I'm sure she won't be coming any closer than the lake again after seeing you, if that gives you any relief towards the situation.”
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Kove spoke, a little too defiantly in Bane's opinion, but he was a brother, and Bane would never look at him in any other way even if he wanted, Blackfeather Woods was his family, not to mention that he did get what his brother was implying "You know things would have turned out pretty differently if she wasn't your friend, don't you? I don't want to stop you from seeing her, Kove, but it can't happen so close to our lands, she's still an outsider..." the Beta said exasperated, "You do understand that I'm doing this for you, don't you, brother?" he stared for a moment, and then a sly smile twisted his face, "So... Are you gonna like.. Stay here? Or are you planning on going after her?" he woofed with a wink. They were both men after all, and Bane knew now what it was all about.

The ghost could understand where the other was coming from. Scarlett was an outsider, and while it was quite obvious she was no threat to the Woods in anyway, having her so close to the border wasn't the greatest thing to do. Having calmed down a bit after seeing the woman walk away, he was able to think logically again, and as the Warden he aimed to be someday. “It is a good thing she is a friend, then,” he said, more so to himself for reassurance than to the other man. “Yes, I do understand.” It would be hard not to, seeing as his need to keep the albino had diminished slightly with the absence of her presence. Or, maybe, his unconscious self just didn't want to act defiantly against a higher ranked wolf. Either way, the final result was still a more understanding wolf.

Kove raised an invisible eyebrow at Bane when the sly smile appeared, though it returned to normal once he spoke. “I'm going to follow after her, of course,” he said, grinning a bit at the thought. “I doubt she'll make it all the way back to the Glacier before the sun falls, and I don't want her just wandering around with no one to keep her safe.” He would not admit to the fact that he planned to go after her for another reason as well, much preferring to keep such an idea to himself. Besides, he probably wouldn't end up going through with it anyways.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

It was clear that there was something going on between the albino female and Kove. Bane had an... Eleventh sense for that, and it tingled every time Kove spoke of her. Besides, the guy was being way too evident.

"Go on, then." the Beta said with friendly voice and turned around to go back to Blackfeather Woods. He knew that Kove would be more than enough to keep the female safe, and as long as she didn't get close to Blackfeather Woods again all was cool in Bane's opinion. Meldresi though... She was another thing, and Bane wasn't planning on telling her anything about Kove's relationships with the outside world, that was his business. "Kove..." Bane said turning his head to look at Kove's warm yellow eyes, "Just remember that you're a part of us... You will always be. Blackfeather Woods is your home and your family." he finished with a nod and left the scene trotting slowly towards the shadows of the dark forest.

What Bane said could not be denied. It may have not been his first home and family, but it was the one he'd chosen to become apart of, rather than being born into it. He felt a bit glad to hear that, especially when he was told he would always be apart of them. “Would never dream of forgetting that, Bane,” Kove said, watching as the other departed. The pale wolf waited a few more moments after, his gaze lingering on the dark forest, before turning and heading off towards the mountains. He wanted to see her before night fell, but if he failed to do that he wanted to at least reach her before she got back to her home. The Glacier, as he recalled, which was a little ways off and giving him time. What had started as a simple walk had turned into a quick-paced run soon after, as he was determined in his quest to reach her.