Otatso Wetlands i need to forget about it
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
for @Otaktay :)

Star had headed to Otatso Wetlands to get all the stuff off her mind. There were so many burdens weighing her down, pain and guilt and sadness. It wouldn't help her at all to think about it much. “You have a good day, and remember not to think too hard.” It was something Fox had said to her a long, long time ago. Or at least it seemed like a long time. Fox had been gone to the Plateau for a while, and she rarely came to mind. But today her words reminded Star of why she was here. She looked up, almost expecting to see Siv Savoy sinking in the mud, but nobody was there, at least to her knowledge. It was her, the swamp, and the swamp's creatures. Her dark eyes skimmed over it, looking for something to do.
7 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
The ebony male trudged through the land, eyes perplexed on the different scenery as his dual colored eyes noticed almost everything around him. But, he stopped when he happened to smell another wolf close by and walked over to where he could see the acquaintance, soon spotting her close by.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star heard something behind her quietly. She turned to look at whatever prey might be the source- but it was not prey. It was a wolf with beautiful brown and yellow eyes. She'd never seen different colored eyes before. She took a few steps towards him. "Hello. I'm Star." She said quietly. She was glad she could meet someone, it was helping her mind drift away from sad and angry thoughts.
7 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
The brute gave a kind and gentle smile to the young she-wolf. Even though he was much taller than she was, he would at least show respect to her like he did every other wolf. "Nice to meet you, Star. My name is Otaktay, but you can call me Ota," he gave a kind smile to her. The sound of birds close by made him turn his head, but he soon came to the conclusion that they were possibly in the wetlands. "What is a young she-wolf like you doing here, if I may ask?"
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Nice to meet you too, Ota." It was refreshing to meet someone so friendly immediately, who didn't hate her or blame her for a possible war. She reminded herself again not to let her mind drift to those thoughts, but his next question forced her to give her reason, which was associated with these thoughts. "I am trying to take my mind off other things. How about you?" She asked Ota, trying to take the topic off of her.
7 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
He gave a small sigh, "I am only a young male trying to find his place here in this land. Any wolves I meet, due to my size and somewhat muscular exterior, I only intimidate and or scare away. You're one of the few wolves that have not run away from me," he stated, a friendly smile still upon his face.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
edit: realization, 300th post!!!

"The exact opposite of me. I want to be a warrior, but I don't intimidate anyone. Like, I like making friends, but my enemies just get a laugh out of me. Sorry that everyone runs away from you, that can't be easy." She sighed. He was a tall and muscular man, and could come off as scary. Star almost never judged a wolf by its cover- instead she waited to see what they were like before she decided what she thought of them. "You said you're looking for a place to settle? I would recommend Swiftcurrent, my pack, but they've got a possible war on their hands. I'll probably be leaving them soon anyway to find a better place." She told Ota. She wasn't sure why she was telling him all this, but she felt like she could trust him.
7 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
Otaktay approached the young she-wolf and gently patted her cranium with his large paw before placing his paw back where it was. "I'm sorry that is happening to you right now, Star. War is not an easy thing, for I, too, have been in one myself. But, I will be staying around here for a time being. If you need someone to talk to or stay with for a while, my doors are always open," he smiled, showing compassion and kindness to her. He felt bad for what she was going through, and wanted to try and show that he could help her if she needed it.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
i just realized the post before this was my 300th! You got it!

She sighed, her eyes dark with sadness. Unfortunately she had kept thinking about it. But at least now she had someone to comfort her. "Thanks, Ota." She sighed again. Her midnight eyes flitted towards his bicolor ones. "Let's talk about more upbeat things. Topics like this make me sad." She chuckled, her voice showing she was already close to tears, but trying to distract herself with a new topic.
7 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
He gave a small smile and nodded as he lied down upon the ground. "If you would like to know anything about me, just ask," he smiled and placed his head upon his paws, hearing the sound of birds and other wildlife echo throughout his ears.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
"Well... How would you describe yourself as a person? Like, what's your personality like?" She asked Otaktay. It was hard to tell so far. She knew he was friendly, but that was about it. Not that a certain personality type would change her outlook on him, she was just wondering. She already pretty much considered him a friend, just because he was being so kind to her in her time of trouble.
7 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
"I kind of consider myself as well respected, kind, caring, and also, a bit of a goofball," he joked and tried to make her laugh by pawing at her muzzle in a gentle way. He was not trying to hurt her, he just wanted to see her smile.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star let out a chuckle. The first few adjectives sounded so serious, contrasting with the word 'goofball', it just didn't mix or make sense. "Whatever you say, 'goofball'. Got any jokes for me?" She said. It wasn't just some friendly tease, she actually needed something more to make her smile. What a better way than a joke?