Stay with me tonight
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Cuteness with @Kove Edit; Theme song of today.

It was a long trip to Duskfire and while Scarlett hoped that she would arrive home before nightfall that wasn't the case. Twilight had set. Her body was tired after running to Black Feather, to then have Bane appear, and then to meet Meldresi on one of the peaks of this mountain range. The pale female had lowered herself to a vale between the mountain tops. Maybe it was better if she settled for the night. She could leave at dawn and be home in the late morning.

The red eyed female was glad once she was out of the wind and into the safety of the mountains. The mosses and grass felt better to her feet than those hard rocks. A soft sigh left her lips. Scarlett was glad that she saw her friend but it took her a lot of energy to do so. Plus, the meeting had been interrupted once more. Was it a sign that they shouldn't be together? Scarlett disliked that thought heavily.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Super cuteness, and the song fits well. :D

After the appearance of one of his fellow pack mates during his meeting with Scarlett, Kove had set out to find her once more. He hoped she hadn't gone too far, but even if she had he was determined to meet up with her again and make sure she was alright. Bane had not caused any physical harm to come to her, but he wished to make sure that he did not make her feel bad in any way. Yes, it was foolish to allow her so close to the pack even if he did believe he could protect her, but the second he'd set his gaze on her he could not think logically. It had been just the two of them for a short time, with no psychotic cougars or other wolves, and that had allowed Kove to open up his mind to thoughts of her and her only, rather than ones of ideas to protect her. So, with the need to make sure she was emotionally alright, and the want to focus on only her again, the ghostly wolf had followed after her scent as quickly as he could. The climb up the mountain had been a bit difficult at first with his rushing movements, but he'd soon settled himself and remembered to take calculated steps so as not to slip and fall.

At one point, closer to the bottom, he'd come across another familiar scent with Scarlett's, but without any blood or sign of a struggle he simple wrote it off noting and continued on his way. Eventually, he'd made it down into the vale, and found his friend's scent to have gotten stronger. He suspected she was still there, and quickened his pace in order to catch up to her. When he did, though, Kove realized it would not have been overly necessary to run, as she appeared to be tired. "Scarlett," he called, wishing to make his presence known before just running right up to her. Once her name had left his mouth, though, he wasted no time in closing the space between them, and greeted her with a soft nudge to her cheek with his leathery nose. "I am glad I was able to catch up with you. I hope Bane did not hurt your feelings at all, he's just very protective of the land."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Kove always makes me melt. I love it.

Scarlett's appetite had not showed itself, which made Scarlett not feel very willing to hunt. Her pale coated body tried to find a used den at the moment. She was sniffing around and checking some trees roots. Maybe even a crack in the rock would do. She hated sleeping alone on top of preferring her own den. For now she didn't had much choice. Slowly she made the progress of scanning through the start of the vale. Scarlett turned her head up in shock when she heard her name. Her body turned along with her head making her immediately spot Kove. Her heart make a surprised jump when he saw the male. Did.. Did he just went after her? That is so sweet!

"Kove!," She barked in surprise. Her tail instantly started wagging. Scarlett waited for Kove to come to her since he was running so fast. Her face lit up even more when she got a lick and nudge over her cheek. The young female was quick to return the lick and nestle herself briefly against his chest. She fitted there perfectly with Kove being bigger. She stepped a bit back after her excited greeting, a bit flustered. "Well, no. He didn't. I mean I understand he doesn't want any strangers close to his home. I do want to keep seeing you though," she admitted shyly. "But I am not sure if he allows me too."
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Same here. ;w; If only Kove was real, and a human.

The lit up expression upon her face, as well as the friendly greeting, was enough to make Kove's tail start wagging. It had been a very short time between when she'd left and now, but he had missed her, as he always did. Following after her seemed like the only thing he could do after she left, and he was glad he did so. "I'm happy to hear that," he said, his worries easing up some. Had she been affected by the other male's words at all, he wouldn't have known what to do. Comforting her would have been the first thing, of course, but what of when he returned to the woods? Was he expected to just act as if the white-eyed man hadn't more or less sent his friend away? He was unsure as to whether or not he'd be able to do that.

"Then we will keep seeing one another," he declared, smiling widely at her. "We can meet at a million other places, and Bane will not be able to do a thing about it. He won't keep me from seeing you, I can promise you that." In the beginning, Kove had been over the moon upon joining the dark pack, and then even more so once he was made a member of the Brotherhood. As much as he enjoyed it all, though, the ghostly man knew he could drop it all for Scarlett. If at anytime they tried to command him to stay away from her, he would much rather leave than obey. Loyalty was a strong thing in the Alaskan, but what he felt when around the albino was something that outranked his pledge to the pack and Brotherhood. It made him feel as if he was meant to be there each time he was around her, and if he could he would never leave her side. That wasn't likely to happen, though, as he believed she saw him as nothing more than a friend. Kove was okay with that, too, just as long as he could always be close to her on some level. "No one can keep me from ever answering your calls, my princess."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Uch I would call dibs on Kove. Definitely.

Scarlett bobbed her head happily, nodding in reply to the male. "I am happy you came after me!," she admitted. She felt a bit breathless while saying those words. Kove seemed to like her, but Scarlett was certain it was only as a good friend. She knew from experience that she wasn't the type of girl males wanted. They wanted beauties like Kesuk or maybe even Sen. She had a nice black coat. Scarlett wished she was a different color maybe Kove would fancy her then. She kept those thoughts for herself right now. Last time she had a crush on someone he disappeared the moment they were seen in public. She felt horrible.

"Yes! I want that," she returned in her happy go lucky tone. She wasn't eager to show what she really felt. Scarlett didn't want to bother anyone with her troubles. Most of the time. "True. Although in other places weird cats want to eat us. I hope we never see her again." Now she was extra glad that Kove was here with her. He could protect her from any harm that might want to hunt her at night. Scarlett tried to suppress a yawn but she failed. "Oh stop it. I am far from a princess. But I will remember that," she hummed. The darkness had settled over them by now. Dusk always appeared quicker than she thought. The albino looked up at Kove. "I was trying to find a place to sleep. I don't think it is safe to travel down the mountains now...." Indirectly telling him she wanted Kove to stay with her.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove would probably attract a bunch of ladies. You'd have to shout 'Swiper no swiping' all the time to keep them away. xD

"The feeling is mutual," he informed her. He wanted for nothing else but to stay by her side for the time being, and to make sure she made ti home safe and sound. Hell, he'd walk with her right up to the border of her pack if she wanted him to, just to make sure she made it in okay and was out of harm's way. The idea of her traveling all alone worried him, as the type of dangers that lingered could never be predicted. If anything where to happen to her with him knowing he could have prevented it by being there, he couldn't be able to live with himself. She was his light, though he wouldn't outwardly admit to such a thing. He didn't want to risk scaring her off with talk of 'love' and whatnot.

If Kove wasn't so oblivious to emotions when directed towards him, he would have read farther in to her wanting to see him for more times to come. Sadly, though, he was thick minded when it came to things like that. "I will make sure no cougars are around each time we meet," he promised. "And if we happen to see her again, I will distract her until you can get away." The act was one he'd be proud to do. Protecting the one he loved from danger was something he would always enjoy, even if it meant he got himself injured in the process. Any type of pain was well worth it, just as long as he knew it was in the name of keeping Scarlett safe. "You are most certainly a princess, whether you choose to see it or not," Kove informed her, his words holding nothing but honesty to them. The man had never once met an actual princess before, but if he had to imagine what they were like, Scarlett's face was the only thing that came to mind.

His copper gaze trailed up to the sky for a second, before returning to meet with her crimson ones. Had she not said anything, or yawned, he probably would have never even realized the day had slipped away. With her, he was in a whole other world, and it often made the real one easy to forget. "I will assist you in finding a place to settle for the night," Kove voiced, having not a care in the world. "If you'll have me, I would enjoy sharing a space with you." The words were a subtle way of getting his feelings across, but little did he know that they were both the most oblivious creatures around when it came to the emotion called 'love'.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Gaahh. Kove is so in love. Omg. I get all fuzzy when reading it.

Scarlett immediately beamed. It was always great news to her that someone wanted to stay by her side. She had made quite a few friends already after removing herself from her old family. But even though she considered them as friends Scarlett was never sure if they did that to her in the same way. The pale female was utterly smitten that the guy she liked wanted to be close to her. Scarlett was making a lot of process. Hooray. She was really starting to like Kove more and more. He was so protective and strong. He was definitely like the males in her daydreams. She liked how she was smaller and could nestle herself against him.

Gosh, he was so dreamy. Scarlett felt extremely safe with Kove around her. The pale female wanted him always close to her. Not just because she would safe but also for his company and kind words. He was bringing so much positively to her. "I'd like that. They are common in the mountains but I am certain you will stop them from harming us," she returned, her voice filled with awe. She wished she could fight like him. Just so Scarlett could protect herself when something like that happened. Or if she wanted to let her point come across to other wolves. "Of course I want to! You can say. It would also be much warmer and I wouldn't want you to be alone. Oh no. I like you to stay. I'd like that." Scarlett felt flustered at how many times she confirmed in one sentence she wanted the male close. Gosh, so embarrassing.

Scarlett started walking in the direction she planned on going. Her nose low to the ground as she tracked for any hint of a den. After she had encountered some smaller occupied ones the female found an abandoned wolf den. Or maybe it was a coyote's den? It looked a bit on the smaller size. Her red eyes studied it. "I think it will be a tight fit. Why don't you go inside first and see there is room for me." Scarlett only really wanted to snuggle up against Kove. If he was in the den first she could totally curl against him and use him as a pillow. While she would be his blanket in return. What a awesome idea.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
He's certainly got it bad for her. Ahh, I love typing for lovey-dovey Kove.

Cougars were no stranger to the man, as he had lived close to them since birth. He'd acted foolish and was always trying to go after them, but he had learned to defend himself against them as a result from that. He planned to use every ounce of his learned skills to protect Scarlett, and maybe even send a warning to any cats that she was under his protection at all times. His want to do that grew even stronger when she confirmed, several times, that she wanted him to stay close to her. He liked hearing those words, and even more so that they'd come from her. “I'll make sure they know not to come near you,” he told her. “I'm happy you want me to stay with you. I really am.” Kove's smile widened considerably. He wanted to tell her, right then and there, how he felt, but couldn't bring himself to do it. He considered doing it in the morning, that way she would not have to put up with him being so close when she turned him down—as he figured she would.

As the albino started to walk, Kove followed her, watching each movement she made. When they reached a decent den, and she suggested for him to go in first, he shook his head. “No, you go in first,” he said. “If we both do not fit completely, I would much prefer you be comfortable and in the warmth, rather than having the wind nipping at you.” It was something he'd witnessed his father do before for both his mother and siblings. Kove's mother had curled about her puppies inside the den, and then his father had curled about them on the side in front of the entrance. It would keep Scarlett warm and comfortable, which is what he wanted, but also allowed him to lay close to her and keep her safe.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
It is so adorable and fluffy! Arghh. (Kove is the unicorn. I'm Agnes shaking Kove)

Scarlett was certain that Kove would protect her from anything. The red eyed female looked at Kove. Damn it! Her plan failed. Kove wanted her to go in first. Scarlett wasn't the one to disobey so the female got inside the den. It would be indeed a tight fit but it would definitely be warm. She tugged herself against the back of the den for Kove to enter too. Maybe there was still a way to snuggle against the male in this tight space. Her heart was going crazy. She spend the night often with Adlartok but it was never of this nature. She really liked Kove.

"You are too sweet. But I think it will fit," Scarlett returned to him. The den would just be filled with two balls of white fluff. The words of Kove kept repeated in her mind. I'm happy you want me to stay with you. I really am. And how he wanted to protect her even from the cold winds. Scarlett was swooning. The male was such a gentleman. Maybe she should tell him how much she liked him. But then she remembered the last time she admitted such a thing. The male had laughed loudly in her face, telling her how stupid it was of her to even consider that he liked her. Nope definitely not telling Kove ever.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As the other white wolf made her way into the den, the man patiently waited for her to situate herself. Once done, he entered as well. It was definitely a tight fit, but that was to be expected. There was no telling who, or even what, had made the den in the first place, but they had probably been a loner of sorts so they wouldn't have needed a bigger space. Still, he made it work the best he could, and eventually laid down. His back was to the entrance, as he'd wanted it to be, and his face was towards the albino. “If you are uncomfortable at anytime, please let me know and I will move,” Kove told her, his head settling itself onto her back as he did so. Each time he took a breath, her scent entered his nose and seemed to bring a sense of comfort along with it. He was comfortable around the woman, more so than he'd been around anyone other than his family before, and he enjoyed every second of her presence.

Kove laid on his right side, copper gaze lingering on the face of his friend for awhile. He was still thrilled over the fact that she'd traveled so far to see him, but also felt guilty because of it. He'd never gone so far to meet her before, and regretted that very much. “Whenever we want to see one another again, I will travel up closer to your pack,” he told her suddenly, his head not moving off of her ever as he spoke. “I do not wish to risk you coming across any of my pack members again. The idea of any of them touching you is far from appealing to me.” Slowly, Kove's eyes moved from her face in order to focus on one of the walls of the den. “I am sure I don't need to say this, but promise me you will not get so close to Blackfeather again. You getting harmed because of me is something I'm not willing to risk.”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett watched Kove enter the den and moved more against the back of it. A flush was felt under her fur. She rested her head on Kove in return. She briefly nosed through his fur. She liked his own scent, not the black feather scent that was hanging on him. Scarlett was comfortable and warm with the male. "I am the opposite actually," she hummed softly. Scarlett couldn't believe that she was in a den cuddled up with a male. Her red eyes glanced fondly over Kove.

Scarlett let out a soft chuckle. She loved how protective the male was towards her. "That is sweet. I'd love to show you Duskfire. It is very beautiful there." The pale female also didn't lift her head. She was perfectly fine with having her head pillowed on Kove. Another soft laugh came from her. "Just because you don't want me to run into your pack members doesn't mean I won't. I met Crescendo on the other side of the mountains, which is far from Blackfeather, Kove," she pointed out. That reminded her of something. The black wolf had said something about Kove being a murderer. And now Kove didn't want her to meet his pack. There was definitely something off.

Why was Kove hiding things from her? He also had this curious red mark on his shoulder. She lifted her head, her ears falling back. "Why don't you want me to meet your pack members? Are you afraid they will hurt me? If you are then why are you in that pack anyways? Are you a murderer and torturer like them?"

Dundundunnnnn
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove gave the female a smile as she said she was the opposite of being uncomfortable. A part of him tried to read more into it, but his logical side refused to allow such a thing to be done. They were friends, after all, and nothing more. He was unsure if they could ever be anything more than friends, too, as they were of different packs and he was sure she harbored no feelings stronger than those of friendship towards him. His tail wagged a bit when she mentioned wanting to show him her pack, though, and a few thoughts managed to get passed his logical side. Maybe there was a reason to her wanting to show him it, other than just for him to see how beautiful it was. If he remembered correctly, he was sure she lived on a glacier, which certainly must be beautiful, especially a wolf hailing from a land in Alaska.

When Scarlett brought to his attention that she'd met Crescendo, the man's body went rigid. He had seen what the dark male did to their old captive, and he did not like knowing that he had meet up with someone he cared about. “If you ever see Crescendo again, turn and go in the opposite direction. I do not know what he might do to you, and I don't want to learn either.” The fact that she had met with Crescendo, Bane, and he believed Meldresi as well going by the scents he'd encountered during his climb was a bit unsettling. He had been there for the meeting with Bane, but he hadn't for the other two, and that was something he couldn't stand. He was sure Meldresi wouldn't harm someone outside of her territory, but the other dark being couldn't be trusted around woman.

Kove had started to become engulfed by his thoughts, but once the questions started to come he was pulled out of it. He pulled his head up off of the woman, and folded his ears backwards. “I do not wish for you to meet them because I don't want you getting hurt. I am apart of the pack because I am comfortable there, and something about it drew me in when I was still a lone wolf.” He paused in his words, ears falling back further as he came up to the next question. It hurt that she would even consider him to be a murderer or torturer, but she was not entirely wrong. He had not killed after arriving in the Wilds, but he had in his birth pack and during his time as a lone wolf. Perhaps he could be chalked up to being a terrible creature, though, as he had partaken in a wolf hunt and witnessed the killing of another, and had done nothing to help the captive they had held. “I have killed before, yes,” he admitted slowly. “But not here, and only because I had to. I would never hurt you, though, and I hope you know that.”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The albino lay curled up with Kove. She felt so comfortable. Her red eyes glanced at him with some curiosity. Why wouldn't he want her close to the male? Surely he had been a bit forward. But it bothered her that Kove didn't want to tell her why. If Scarlett would get a solid reason she wouldn't argue. She wasn't the one to argue in the first place. "Is he that bad?," she frowned. Then suddenly the whole mood shifted. They were talking about more sensitive topic. Scarlett raised her head off from Kove. Oh so there it was. Kove felt comfortable in darkness and with murderous wolves.. Good to know. Maybe there was a dark side to Kove.

Her ears fell more back when Kove admitted that he had killed before. But surprisingly Scarlett wasn't scared? She felt like she should be scared, that she should protest and leave this den instantly. But the young female didn't. Maybe it was because she liked him so much she couldn't see a bad side on the handsome male. Scarlett shifted in the minimal space she had. Her head now by his. "I am not scared," she whispered. Somehow she felt like she should whisper it. She moved her muzzle forward and licked his cheeks. "Thank you for telling me."

Scarlett realized that she sometimes had some dark thoughts too. She wouldn't mind seeing her mother get hurt. Again, after having such a thought she felt ashamed. "So that is why you have that red mark then?," she then asked, her eyes falling on it. So maybe it was all connected afterwards. Scarlett kinda liked the mark...
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
For a second, he needed to stop and collect his words. It was clear that she wanted a bit of an explanation, and he wanted to give her one. He wanted to tell of every reason she should stay away from the other male, right down to telling of what he did to their old captive, but he didn't. Kove wasn't ready to go that far quite yet, as he didn't want her to think anything negative of him because of what type of pack he was apart of. For now, he decided to hold back in what he said. “Yes, he is,” he answered, after having thought his words over the best he could so quickly. “The only thing that can be predicted when seeing him is the fact that he's probably been out there harassing one female or another. I don't want that to happen to you. Ever.” The ghost might be comfortable around the wolves of his pack, and may not ever be too concerned over what they do in their free time, but that only lasted as long as none of them came near the one he treasures. Bane had done that, and so had Crescendo, and he wasn't the least bit happy about either occurrence.

He expected her to want to leave, to never want to be near him again. What light would want to be near a being that did nothing but stand by, while knowing most of what was going on? He had prepared himself to be told to move, told to let her out so she wouldn't have to be near him anymore, but it never came. No words of protests, fear, or anger left her mouth. The words that did leave her mouth, however, where ones he couldn't be any happier to have heard—she wasn't afraid. Instead of saying she was frightened and wanting to leave, she laid her head by his own and then licked his cheeks after speaking. “Happiness can not truly get across how I feel about that,” Kove said, his own voice low so as not to break the softness she'd created. “I was worried you wouldn't want to see me again, that you'd up and leave right here and now.”

The attention was soon brought to the crimson mark that rested on his shoulder, and the man glanced at the print. He gave a nod of his head in response to her question, his copper gaze leaving the print behind to rest on her once more. “It's the mark of the Brotherhood, but I'm sure that was told to you while Crescendo was going on about whatever else he said.” He had wanted to be the one to tell her of himself, but had wished to wait until an appropriate time to do so. "It is an honor to have the mark, but I find being an ever larger honor to still be beside you even after you learned of some things."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett immediately felt bad for believing Crescendo over Kove. She was horrible. Scarlett scolded herself because she needed to believe in her friend more instead of a stranger. She felt horribly played. Damn it! Scarlett felt disgusted. The male had harassed her a bit. If she admitted it. She wouldn't do that to Kove.. although. "He did come on strongly," she honestly revealed. Maybe it would make her friend more angry. She wasn't sure. Kove was protective of her.

Scarlett watched how surprised and happy Kove looked. She tipped her head and licked his muzzle once more. "I'm very happy too. I am warm and cozy... and with you," she whispered. Scarlett was certain that she was blushing. "No. I couldn't plus these mountains are dangerous. I am skilled with them and I don't even want to be out there now!" Scarlett looked over it and nosed through the red fur. She liked the mark. It was very.. badass. Scarlett's ears flopped back shyly and then looked down to the ground. It was on the tip of her tongue. I like you, Kove. I like you a lot. But she was afraid. "You might be in such a brotherhood but I know you are a good wolf." The albino then placed her head on Kove's paws and closed her eyes.