I'm my only chance
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok slid from the den mouth. He placed his front paw down to take a step, and it crumpled under him. He was in no way, better. But he was better than he had been. He sighed and whining tried again. He was fearful that he would never walk again, or at least never without a limp. When the she wolf had ripped into his hide, she had permanently damaged something. The muscles on his right side felt tight and hot all the time. If he tried to walk it crumpled beneath him. If he tried to stretch he fell to the ground in pain, tears streaming down his muzzle.

He gritted his teeth and tried again. Gentle stretches, he remembered those from when his uncle Sin was broken. He tried to move, and found that in order to move without falling he had to carry the leg upwards. He sighed and looked down at the ground, frustrated and angry. Would he ever hunt again?
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
I hope you don't mind me — though I apologize ahead of time for Týrr, lol. Also, this is ironic to me because Sinaaq was once afraid that he would never walk right again, aha. Like Uncle, like nephew? ;P

The Rekkr had spent the morning hunting for the caches, fresh blood splattering his chocolate brown muzzle and the ruffled fur at his chest. Salmon pink tongue stained with crimson swiped across his black, leathery nostril as the putrid scent of an infected wound assaulted his nostrils. Muzzle wrinkled briefly, portraying his disgust at the unease that the festering scent left within his nostrils before he let out a soft snort. As far as Týrr's knowledge went there was only one injured within the Glacier: a young boy, as the pallid female with the crimson eyes had told him (though the Rekkr still did not know her name). Týrr did his best not to think about that conversation, for while it had worked in his own benefit certainly in having finally been able to seize the Chronicler trade, it had undoubtedly irritated him. Mostly how the woman had so brazen spoken of Tuwawi. Týrr loved the Glacier, but it was just a piece of land without it's true Monarch. It was his home, yes, but Tuwawi was it's rightful ruler and it was with the ember that his loyalties lay — though this was not for a lack of trying on his part. Týrr liked Malachi — they shared a kinship in the fact that they were founders of this pack alongside the Sveijarns; but it was only the ember's rule he would follow and she did not wish to gain her throne back then he would take it and ensure that the Glacier remained true to it's initial principles and purpose.

Those thoughts, however, were tucked away as he drew nearer to the intruder child, crystalline blue eyes studying him without infliction. Týrr understood why Tuwawi had attacked him, this was not meant to be a refugee camp for orphaned children — it had been created so her family, so her own children could prosper. Týrr did not blame Tuwawi and he hoped that Malachi did not, either. Malachi knew why the Sveijarns had moved from the Creek and as far as the Rekkr was concerned Tuwawi had been in the right. So you're the child Tuwawi attacked, Týrr murmured to the crying child, barely avoiding the soft snort that threatened to escape him. The Glacier was no place for sniffling whelps who did not recognize their place — not that he thought anyone but Tuwawi's own brood child-wise deserved a place here.

<style type="text/css">.hunkytyr{width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:300px 25px 20px 20px; border:3px double #fff; background-image:url('http://i58.tinypic.com/24y0lzo.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#b8cfc4; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .hunkytyr-in {width: 380px; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.55); text-align: justify;} .hunkytyr q {color:#167c99; font:13px/2 georgia bold;} .hunkytyr p {text-indent:30px; color:#6a887a; font:13px/2 georgia; margin:0px;}</style>
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
[size=x-small]haha i know I hadn't meant for it to be just like that and I realized after i decided to maim him permanently that sin had gotte nhurt too haha[/size]

Artok's hackles raised and he looked at the chocolate wolf. He was injured, and he couldn't move very well. But he'd be damned if he would let another so close to him. If he tried to attack him too, well Artok would go down fighting it was that simple. He sniffed once forcing his tears backwards. Forcing his face blank, and putting on false bravado that he didn't have, he stood his ground. Albeit with one foot off the ground.

Yes I am. If I hadn't already been accepted I would have left. But Malachi promised me home and safety. Clearly though it's not to be so.

Artok gritted his teeth, if he wasn't hurt. He'd leave himself, he would have stayed gone. Oh he would have come back one time to tell Malachi he was a coward and a fool, but then he would have left again. He had no ties here, or at least he hadn't. Though now he did in Miss Scarlett. He looked down growling softly to himself.

After I heal enough to walk, I plan to leave, this Pack is nothing but oath breakers and self entitled bastards at least to me anyway. Perhaps not to each other.

He meant no offense, to him that was what they were. He had been promised safety and home, and he had been attacked. Attacked where he had been offered hearth and safety.

He hadn't realized that he had fully decided to leave, until just then. He had been thinking about it, and clearly he had made up his own mind without realizing it.
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
I'm sorry Tyrr is being such a butt hole. ;-; I still love Adlartok, course! <3

Týrr let out a soft snort of bemusement as he took in Adlartok's raised hackles, as if that was meant to threaten him. The boy was not small, no, but he was injured and very likely inexperienced. Týrr's pupils narrowed to small slits in their pools of crystalline blue when the child's lips parted to speak and his words flowed out. To trust so easily had been the child's first mistake, but Malachi was weak and as far as Týrr was concerned the Glacier belonged to Tuwawi who had every right to chase out what was clearly unwanted. “Then leave,” The Rekkr encouraged harshly with a blunt gesture of his muzzle in the direction of the borders. “You are lucky that you still draw breath, that Tuwawi hadn't killed you,” All the while wondering if anyone besides Scarlett and Malachi would care if he finished the job. After all, this pathetic little boy wasn't worth anything to them. He ate their food and wasted their medicinal caches, all the while offering them nothing in return. “Tuwawi founded this place for her children and not little lost orphans.” To think anything else was preposterous and Týrr couldn't believe that Malachi had allowed his presence in the first place.

“No one will stop you,” Týrr told Adlartok simply. He had no love for wasters of space, and no love for anyone but the Sveijarn family (namely Tuwawi and Maera). He felt a comradeship with Malachi still though it was often at war with the disappointment that Týrr felt towards the Alpha male. “You are not welcome here. You will never be welcome here. Why don't you run back to your mother for obviously you shouldn't have left her in the first place.” Unlike with Gunnar Týrr did not feel jealousy towards Adlartok, but rather, the fierce urge to protect the Sveijarn family from the what was unwelcome to it.

306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
OH my gosh. Ardlartok! what are you think you silly puppy! He may need saved oh gosh lol. I assumed he heard of Tyrr coming back and being here before, but I can change that if you like :)

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: foul language perhaps violence

Artok wrinkled his nose at the male before him. He may not be big, and he maybe injured, but he wouldn't go down easy. He'd fight till his last breath. That was something at least, though most didn't give him credit for that.

Artok lowered his eyes and growled softly You are a bastard, and frankly I don't give a shit that Tuwawi started this pack. She isn't the leader anymore, she gave it up. Malachi was the leader, he was the one that allowed me entry, and you are clearly not a wolf. Perhaps a coyote, if you don't follow the instincts of hierarchy. Don't tell me to leave, when I already plan too. The point is moot don't you think. Her children aren't here anymore but one. What's that tell you?

Artok knew he was playing with fire, knew it well. But frankly he didn't care, not at all. If the other wolf was going ot come in here and act like he was god's gift to the world. Artok was going to take him down a peg, tell him what he could do with himself and where he could go.

Artok growled again You can't tell me anything. You can't make me leave, you are not the leader you aren't even a high ranking wolf. So slow your robe. I heard how you came crawling back like a worm. You left, you left why should you be anymore welcome than i am. You are a deserter and oathbreaker just like them. You promised to stay and then you left, isn't that what you do when you join you swear you allegiance. You have no right to tell me anything.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Mommy to the rescue. Also assuming Scarlett is still having her high Gamma rank XD

Scarlett had been hunting for Adlartok. It was good to see that at least his appetite was back. Or Scarlett liked to think so. She was just hunting more which meant Ad had always something to eat. He had to eat because otherwise it would rot in her den. Scarlett might be overfeeding Adlartok a bit. She couldn't help it. She wanted him to have all the fresh meat and not eat from half eaten carcasses. The red eyed female trotted home with a dead raccoon in her mouth. They seemed to be more frequent here than hares. Scarlett liked raccoon so it was what Adlartok had to eat.

When she returned she could hear a discussion. Instantly her mother instinct went on alarm. She rushed forward to her den. The light female had a frown when she came closer. She placed the raccoon by Adlartok and looked with a non amused expression at Týrr. "Back off," she huffed and lifted her upper lip. Something she rarely did but it seemed it was more often needed lately. "I don't appreciate you coming this close to Adlartok," she added. "You better not plan and hurt him,' she snarled. No one was allowed to hurt her little Adlartok. She heard a bit of his words before she arrived and couldn't agree more with him.
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
I just laughed so hard because all I could think is Sinaaq's reaction to if he ever heart Scarlett call herself Adlartok's mommy. He'd probably have a stroke or something. lol! Also, it's okay. I imagine it might have gotten around so I don't mind.

Týrr was not afraid of the insignificant child before him, nor was he afraid of the unwelcome's guardian. As far as the Rekkr could even bother to care they could both get lost tomorrow. Malachi had allowed this leeching child into their home, trying to incorporate him into the family they had built but he wasn't. He couldn't offer them anything and was nothing but dead weight, as far as Týrr was concerned. “Tuwawi will always be the Glacier's only and true leader,” Týrr spoke forcibly, unwilling to hear anything else. His mind would not be changed. Not now, not ever. It seemed out of the original he was the only one to remain loyal to her. “Malachi made a mistake,” he growled the word softly. “He realized it or he would have punished Tuwawi already.” Though trying to even imagine Malachi attempting to punish Tuwawi was not something that the Rekkr could do easily. Surely, the ember would not take it. The boy's attempt at an insult only make the Rekkr laugh as opposed to feeling insulted. It had been a weak attempt for Týrr was well aware of what he came from and that he held no trace of coyote blood in him. “You know nothing about what has happened to this pack,” Not he nor his red eyed witch of a guardian. They hadn't been there and had no idea. For someone of a lesser resolve than Týrr's this would have been enough to excuse them for their ignorance but that wasn't Týrr. Maybe once, it would have been enough but these days the feral Amazon and Viking only found it to be downright insulting. “You were not here when the feral bobcats stole her children, when her mate left to find them. You don't know anything, so it would be wise to stop while you're ahead.” The Rekkr snickered cruelly at the boy.

“I'm higher ranking then you, little worm,” The Rekkr spat.“I don't have to explain myself to you. I have never left Tuwawi,” Physically yes, he'd been gone, once to search for her crumbling family and again to soul search before he went mad. Adlartok had no idea the struggle that Týrr endured as his memories of a past he had forgotten came back. Even in wisps they felt dangerous, like if they had too much structure they might crash like a breaking floodgate and he would drown in them. He would drown and it would kill him. If this was true or not, he did not know, but he was scared of them — these memories. These truths. Scared that he might learn more things that he never wanted to know, but greedy for them as well. He wanted to know, in a contradicting turn. He was at war with himself in that respect and he did not know how to assuage it.

Of course, his protective little witch would come, and she had. It was so expectant he barely resisted the urge to roll his eyes at her as she attempted to pull rank over him. He didn't budge, though. Týrr had never been able to stand wolves lording their rank over him. It was the reason he'd had a fallout with Ferdie not once but twice. Family didn't do that to one another, but then again these two weren't family. “You really shouldn't let him run around so ill informed, Scarlett," Týrr murmured absently as if he couldn't be bothered with their little love fest. Or whatever the hell they had going on. The Rekkr gave a soft snort when Scarlett told him she didn't appreciate his closeness. "He's lucky that he's still breathing," And he was. If Tuwawi would have told him to kill the boy right then and there: he would have.

Týrr's devotion to his ember queen could not be disputed, iron clad and unmoving as it was, even if it was born of his initial admiration and respect for her. Perhaps he was blinded by his infatuation and affection for Tuwawi, but he also might not have been. She had changed. He had changed as he slowly discovered more and more of who he truly was. No one ever stayed the same. As far as he cared to look: Tuwawi was right and he would have her back no matter what. “Tuwawi has already done that,” Týrr pointed out softly, though it was a redundancy for everyone could see what Tuwawi had done. Another attack, the Rekkr could not help but mentally muse, and the child might truly lose his life, even if it wasn't intended.

306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Oh my god Artok! Stop being such a nincompoop! These thoughts are not my own I swear.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: foul language

Adlartok's growl increased and he stared at the fallen prince before him. He was a lot of things, but at least he wasn't a turn coat or a bully. YOu have nothing but blackness in your soul, and when it eats you up and burns you out I'm going to be laughing. You are nothing worse than a traitor and a cur. You think your precious leader is so much better than anyone else? I don't give a fuck what she's been through. Everyone's been through something bad, some of us worse than others. That does not give her the right to attack others. Especially when they were given safe haven. Maybe she was the leader, but she isn't anymore. I'd be ashamed to follow such a terrible she wolf. Whose next? Is she going to be nice to you? You're so blinded by your affection that you can't see what's right in front of you. She's going to tear this place to the ground, and all that is going to be left is cinders and dust. That is not a leader, that is a wolf out for her own gain. Yea it sucks that she lost her kids and her mate, it sucks badly, but she's going to lose herself and the one child she has left if she keeps on this violent path. If you really want me to leave, why don't you get the hell out of my sight so i can keep my lunch down and keep my strength and i'll be gone in a day if not sooner. Go on, crawl back to your precious leader, tuck your tail and suck dick. You make me sick.

Yea Adlartok had a potty mouth, and yea he didn't exactly like using it in front of Scarlett. But the wolves in this pack, present company excluded were nothing but traitors, turncoats, bullies and cowards. He wanted nothing more to do with them, he was ashamed to have been part of the pack now, for even a little bit of time. Now he just wanted this wolf to leave him alone, and perhaps he went about it the wrong way, but he wasn't going to have another sit there and berate him. When he had done nothing wrong, but accept the word of the alpha that he was safe and had a home. He had done nothing wrong, while this wolf in front of him was full of darkness.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
*whistles innocently* (I also wanted to mention Tyrr's mother but since this thread is quite old I won't.)

Scarlett grew to dislike this chocolate wolf more and more. He had no right to talk to a youngster like that. The light colored she-wolf huffed. Scarlett was surprised she wasn't offended by Adlartok's words. He was saying exactly what Scarlett was thinking about him and Tuwawi. Only she wasn't brave enough to voice that language on her own, ever. She moved herself closer to Adlartok and gave a small quick lick behind his ear. "You tell him," she whispered for only him to hear. Her red eyes stayed on Tyrr as she just encouraged a youngster to curse at another wolf. She was higher in rank anyhow. Tyrr should keep his mouth and just leave himself.

The light colored female nudged Adlartok more to the den before this turned into an actual fight. "Leave. This is my den site and it seems we both don't want you here talking nonsense," Scarlett huffed. She was not letting the chocolate male come close to Adlartok. She would jump forward and fight for him. No one was going to attack her little warrior. Scarlett had to admit to herself that she had motherly feeling for Ad. He was her little one and she was as blind as a bat with love for the bratty youngster. "Lets go inside Adlartok. He isn't worth our time. I got you food," Scarlet spoke to break this off.
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Last post from me since this feels like a natural wrap up to this thread. Thanks for it; and i'm so sorry tyrr is such a butthole! #CharacterDevelopmentForTheWin

The boy was tempting whatever fates guided them, by speaking so audaciously to the Rekkr, who believed wholly in Tuwawi's plight. These two things before him were nothing short of infections to the Glacier, and they needed to be cut out before they drug it down into the ground. Týrr struggled between wanting to laugh and wanting to rip Adlartok's tongue out of his mouth for being so disrespectful to a higher ranked wolf than him. The Rekkr did not like having rank thrown in his face and under normal circumstances would not have thrown it into another's face but he itched to here and now. He was a prince and he did not need this insignificant, worthless slave to tell him off. “Insolent child,” A foolish, insolent child in which would find his life ended untimely if he didn't learn his place in the world, but Tezcacoatl Týrr would not kill him this day. The Rekkr balked at the boy's spew of words, of how he, Týrr, was so blinded by his affection for Tuwawi. The Rekkr had thought he'd done a good job of keeping his feelings towards the Ember Queen under wraps, yet it would seem this child had somehow picked up on it. Týrr did not retaliate, he let the child's words, attempts at being threatening, the Rekkr was sure, bounce off of him because they were worthless to him. Words from a child who did not belong here, anyway.

Týrr's lip lifted when Scarlett told him to leave because it was her den site. The Rekkr could and would go anywhere he pleased, for it didn't truly belong to her. It was a mound of earth. Just as his own den was. Defiance struck the amazon prince true and for a moment he held tall. “You call me a cur and yet you have no manners, either. No respect, either of you.” Týrr spoke to them over his shoulder, crystalline eyes hard and cutting. Cold as the glacier that the pack was named for. “Teach that insolent child respect, Scarlett. Or I promise he will lose his tongue the next time.” He had threatened Gunnar's life for less, and if she did not think he would make good on his promise then she was sorely mistaken.

With his final piece spoken Týrr waitied for a moment, lingering to hear Scarlett's reaction before he departed, wordless, his destination unknown. Simply, he wished to get as far away from the two as he possibly could.

Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Not sure if Adlartok wanted to reply. But I am doing it anyways, so I have 3 posts in this thread! :D

The red eyed female bared her teeth again towards the chocolate brown male. Scarlett was really starting to dislike him. "I don't let you tell me what to do. Adlartok has a right to defend himself towards your mean words." The albino was so fed up with the darker one of them three that she just let him go. Scarlett knew that he was not a friend to her even though it seemed like that in the beginning. The lighter female ushered the grey youngster to the den, and taking the meal she hunted for him inside with her.

Scarlett checked over his wounds once more and encouraged Adlartok for what he did. Scarlett was almost tempted to find Tyrr's mother and tell her how horrible he son was behaving. It didn't sit well with the light hearted female. How could everyone hate such a precious being like Adlartok??