Otatso Wetlands but she can't be what you need if she's seventeen
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
@Kove :D

ever since that encounter, crëyr had been straying far from blackfoot forest as possible. there was one thing she was very sure with, and that was that she was never going to set foot in those woods any more.

this time, she made her way towards otatso wetlands, her paws stepping over the blades of grass poking over the dusty layer of frost on the frozen-over water. the wetlands were treacherous, really, but there was no stopping the sterling wanderer from venturing anywhere.

well, anywhere but blackfoot forest.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Following after Scarlett and making sure she made it back home alright was still a recent thing, but that didn't stop the pale wolf from making his way close to there once again. Was it a smart idea? Probably not, especially after considering the fact that the pack they were supposed enemies with was right around the corner. Not even that could stop him, though, as he was very interested to see what type of places surrounded his friend's home, and to make sure no one from his pack lingered close by. The fact that multiple members of his pack had already met her was troublesome, as he'd wanted to keep her away from the darkness until he worked up the courage to tell her of his feelings. Until then, however, he was left to just wander close by and keep any unwanted guests away—if he could.

Kove's need to protect the one he treasured landed him in an area too close to the Creek wolves for comfort, in a place that held shadows like back home. The only difference being the fact that light could actually get through, and you needn't grow alert each time a shadow jumped. In the midst of his scanning the area, the scent of another lupine reached him, forcing his body to momentarily go rigid. It was only after he confirmed it was not, in fact, a Creek wolf did he revert back into his more relaxed posture. Curious, as whatever scent clung to the wolf was not familiar, the ghost moved forward through the wetlands until a light, grey sight entered his vision. “Is it safe to assume that you, too, are a fellow explorer?” Coming to a stop a respectful distance away, Kove set his copper gaze on the figure of the woman, interested to learn what she might be up to.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
if kove doesn't slightly smell of scarlett i can change it :)

it wasn't long before a scent entered her nares— this one was a mixture of strange and familiar, but nonetheless it had her body go stiff. she'd smelt it before. whatever there was on that male she could smell on him, and... was that scarlett?

she turned, cerulean eyes keeping steady, curiously, carefully regarding the pale-furred male. the words he had spoken seemed fair for now, though the male she'd encountered with the scent of the same pack on him had first assisted her with a bunch of attacking foxes and then had tried to harass her. so much for avoiding anything that had to do with that guy.

the sterling female took a slight step back.

"yes," she said carefully, the single word short, clipped, curt. "you can say that i am an avid wanderer, if those even exist. your scent, or well, scents, are ones i have encountered. scarlett?" she inquired, her tone lightening at the mention of her friend's name. "and one of your packmates, i have met before." crëyr's features darkened at that, as behind her weak smile was anger.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As the other turned, Kove watched as she then took a step back. He was unsure what was wrong, if he'd done something or if she was just a naturally skeptic wolf. His mind was set to rest when she spoke, though. At the mention of his friend, his tail swayed a bit, figuring this new lupine was also one of her friends. To him, he could not see Scarlett as having any enemies—and if she did, he would keep them far away. “Scarlett is a dear friend of mine,” he informed her. When he learned of her having met one of his pack mates, his mind immediately jumped to the silver eyed male, who was already on the pale one's list to be confronted. His tail came to a stop with it's light motions, and he set his gaze right on the girl's face. “I hope you do not assume that all wolves of my pack are the same as the one you encountered. If it is who I believe it to be, I feel the need to inform you that he often goes after a number of females.”

While he wasn't too sure where the two had met, he was confident that it had to have been somewhere close by. Kove couldn't imagine the dark man having come to far up—or, rather, so close to the Creek—just for some of what he saw as “fun”. If the ghost had learned anything, though, it was that he could hardly ever predict what the wolves of the Woods were to do, and it was a waste of time to try. Crescendo very well could have walked right up to the enemy's territory just for a shot at a girl, and it probably would be looked upon as nothing more than a stroll across the land.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

the male's tail swayed slightly when she spoke of her name, and she nodded at that. so he did know him. he then proceeded to tell her how the red-eyed girl was a good friend of his. crëyr smiled, if slightly weaker than her usual. "i am too."

then he then turned on the topic of the blue-eyed male she'd encountered. the grayscale female wasn't surprised that he went after a female as if he was going after a simple meal such as a hare. the anger rose up her throat. of course there were many that looked down upon and had a large amount of disrespect for females.

"i'm not. i suppose your scent is one i'm wary of, since i am trying to do everything i can to avoid anything that has to do with him."

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
He wasn't surprised by the fact that this female was a friend of Scarlett's. The albino was always so kind to everyone she met, he was sure she had befriended nearly all the wolves around her. He was happy for her, for the fact that she was experiencing a good life. To him, she deserved all the kindness and friendliness that could be offered to her, especially after learning of the life she'd come from. “It is a pleasure to meet another one of her friends,” he stated, offering her a faint smile with his words. He wondered about where the grey girl was from, of which pack she resided in and whether or not she was close to the alabaster female's home or not.

Kove could not prevent the small smile from pulling at the corners of his mouth as the other spoke of wanting to avoid everything related to the other male. He couldn't blame her, as the dark coated wolf wasn't currently one of his favorite creatures around at the moment either. “Believe me when I say the only thing I have to do with him is due to us sharing a pack,” the ghost informed her, trying to get her to relax at least a little bit. He was a member of Blackfeather, that was true, but he had to be the most docile being there aside from the puppies. Even when they'd had a captive, he had not laid a single claw on her. The man had lied in order to get the information he needed, but had not harmed or really harassed her. “If the water was not frozen, I would use it to cover my scent so you would not be reminded of that dog.” Resorting to insults wasn't a common thing for Kove, but he made an exception for Crescendo. The walking shadow had, after all, come on strongly to Scarlett, and that was something he would never be able to tolerate.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

"and to you," she returned to the male once he told her how he was glad to meet another one of scarlett's friends. there seemed to be a joyful glint in his eyes whenever the name "scarlett" was mentioned, which led the grayscale wolfess to wonder— was he the one, after raziel? a smile crept up on crëyr's features, then. at this rate, she would probably get the name of her new beau correct if scarlett ever told her to guess the next time they met for lunch again.

her stance still alert, she wrapped her fluffy tail around her paws as the pale wolf spoke of the icy-eyed brute that had tried to hook up with her that day. she believed his words for now, for they seemed trustworthy. if he wasn't, why would he have scarlett's scent on him?

even though she agreed to him about the scent-covering, she spoke, "thanks, that's a rather considerate thought, though you don't have to do that." the sterling outrider let slip a light laugh, then, and visibly relaxed. "let's stop talking about this stuff. so how did you become friends with scarlett? i met her at a lake one day and hunted for ducks with her."

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The man gave a nod of his head in response to her 'thanks', taking note to the fact that she had relaxed. She wished to change the subject of conversation to Scarlett, which he was perfectly fine with. He was informed of how they light grey woman had met her, and what they did during their meeting. Remembering how he had met her was something he would always be able to do, even when he was old and frail. “We met at a creek, and I helped her find her way back home,” Kove told her, still glad he'd been able to help. Little did he know back then that he'd be so attached to her now, but that was what happened. The were close to being exact opposites, and for some reason that drew him in. He was following in his grandfathers pawsteps, in a way, but all he could see himself doing was following his emotions. “I've met with her on several occasions, one of which I was able to save her from a cougar.”

Kove had entered his own world of experiences with the crimson eyed woman, all of which he found to be great. From the moment they met to the last time they saw one another, the memories were clear in his mind and he was glad to have them. Giving them up was an impossible thing, and even if it was possible, he would not give them up for anything in the world. Even the lives of his sisters, whose souls where in the stars, was not worth trading for the memories he shared with Scarlett.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

in response to her question, kove informed her of how he'd met the red-eyed female, which had been at some creek. she herself had met scarlett at duck lake and together they had hunted, and when she returned to the lake sometime later she'd again seen scarlett and a mutual friend of theirs, raziel, who crëyr had also met at duck lake.

"a cougar! wow," she spoke, a small smile dawning on her lips. she hadn't had much dealings with cougars in the past, though she'd dealt with a pack of rabid dogs who had arrived upon the borders of the bypass to steal food. "quite the gentleman you are." she knew what her ruby-eyed friend was like, with her liking for boys and adorable relationships, and was about to declare herself that this guy here would be her new beau. or maybe they already were.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The run-in with the cougar while he was with Scarlett had not been his first encounter with one—not even close, really. It had been the only time he'd defended another from one, though, which was something he felt needed to stay in his memory for as long as he could make it. Sharing what had happened with others seemed to be a good way to do that, and he thought it might also help the other woman see he was no threat to her. If he planned to protect the albino, then he would never intentionally harm one of her friends. He didn't even want to imagine the look on her face if he'd ever do something like that, and would make sure such a situation would never come up.

“I try my hardest to be a gentleman for her,” Kove said. “I would do anything to keep her safe, and show her nothing but kindness.” His own life seemed like a trivial thing when it came to Scarlett. She was the only one who mattered, and he'd lay down anything and everything just to keep her safe or make her happy. The pale woman was worth it, after all. Making friends with who she saw as a friend seemed like a good way to make her happier, or at least in the Alaskan's mind it did, so he kept himself on the best behavior for the greyscale wolf.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
one more round? :)

he certainly seemed very, very dedicated to scarlett, and crëyr began to wonder what had caused this male to have seemingly laid everything down for her in what seemed like two weeks or so, for the last encounter she'd had for the red-eyed female had been around that time frame. she'd promised to tell the sterling female whenever she had a romantic interest after all the stuff with raziel, and she certainly hadn't mentioned anything about this male during that time. well, things could go fast, extremely fast, in this case, probably, and she felt a burst of girl-like giddiness for her boy-loving, albino friend. it was wow, really. she could be assuming things, which would be frowned upon, but she was guessing that scarlett had seemingly captured his entire heart, maybe even his soul, in a matter of two weeks.

she smiled politely at the male, glad he was the one for scarlett. she would have to go seek her out sometime soon, to once again have lunch and fill themselves in about each other's accounts— for she was now rather taken with shadow, given their last encounter. "that's sweet. good to meet you..." crëyr spoke, a silent request for his name.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Sounds good to me. c:

The time between the two of them had been short, probably shorter than most, but his feelings were about as real as they got. You only ever fell in love once, as you were only ever meant to be with that one person in particular, and that was the way he felt. Time had been nearly nothing, as it often seemed to freeze whenever his gaze lingered with hers for a second too long. His feelings he developed quickly, that could not be denied, but they were something he could never fake no matter how hard he ever tried. Falling for someone as he did couldn't be helped, as the heart knows what it wants, and his just so happens to be determined to capture that of the albino's.

Thoughts that tried to linger, ones of Scarlett and ones of his emotions, where soon swept away to the recesses of his mind when the woman spoke, seeming to indirectly be requesting his name. He felt a bit foolish—rather ungentleman-y—for having forgotten to introduce himself sooner. “Kove,” he answered, finishing her words for her. “It is very nice to meet you, as well. Though what might your name be?” He wanted to remember her name, partially because it was the polite thing to do, and partially because he wanted to able to place a face to the name if she was ever brought up during one of his conversations with their mutual friend.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
last post from me :)

but again, time didn't matter to some the moment they fell in love. she supposed so.

"...kove," she spoke, finishing her sentence. at his query for her name, she said, "i'm crëyr!"

following that she offered him a well-wish for his relationship with scarlett. "best wishes for your future with your girl, kove! bye for now," she said, turned, and departed. well, the meeting had certainly been something, and in addition to that she planned to seek out scarlett a.s.a.p.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Thank you for the thread! c:

A warm smile tugged at the man's face when the other shared her name, glad to have something to call her if they ever met again. “It was nice speaking with you, Crëyr,” he told her. He was ready to continue on his way, but the last words of the woman caught him off guard quite a bit. He felt he held no claim to Scarlett, nor the right to her her referred to as being 'his girl', as he'd not even been man enough to share his feelings with her yet. He made no comment on it, though. Instead, he just let his tail sway a bit, before calling out to the retreating form of the grey wolf. “Bye to you as well!” And thanks for the luck, his mind silently added.

After that, Kove waited a bit longer, copper eyes still looking in the direction the other wolf had gone. In that moment, he'd made up his mind completely, and set out towards a destination of his own—the Glacier—with a steady pace and a whirlwind of thoughts.