Duskfire Glacier If You'll Be My Star, I'll Be Your Sky
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro

It hadn't taken long after his return home for the ghost to, once again, set out after the albino. Something about her seemed to entice him, even when he was not in her presence. She was like a drug—his own, personal drug, and he had been addicted since day one. They were only friends, though, and so he couldn't admit such things. Telling a friend that you were attracted to them on some insane level could lead two separate ways, and while he'd wanted to tell her the night they'd stayed together, he couldn't help but think of what would happen if such words turned them down the negative path. Now, though, he had set his mind to it. Hell, he'd set his mind to it the second he'd stepped back into Blackfeather territory, and his meeting with they grey female only convinced him he couldn't turn back now. It was too late when he was close enough to the Glacier to smell the cold scents of ice and snow, and definitely too late when he stopped himself a courteous distance from the pack's border.

After taking in a deep breath, the pale man tossed his head back and let a howl slip out his mouth, calling for his dear friend. When his voice reached an end, he lowered his head and waited, slightly on guard. It was his first time at the Glacier, and the Creek wasn't too far off either. While those two things made Kove a bit rigid while he waited, they didn't push him away. Scarlett had been brave enough to come near the Woods, albeit an enemy of her pack didn't linger close by, so he wasn't going to chicken out. The thought of him turning and leaving because of some nerves almost made him chuckle, but to prevent himself from looking like some lost mad man, he contained the urges. The Inuit descendant had taken on a cougar without so much as a blink of an eye, making it a wonder how he could feel so iffy over something like visiting his friend. At her home. At a place that reminded him of his old home. He gave a shake of his head to clear any and all lingering thoughts away, leaving his mind to think only on trivial things while he patiently waited for the crimson-eyed belle.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was currently at the caches, trying to get some of the meat down her throat but she really couldn't. She felt sick very time she saw that mutilated head in front of her. It was so scary. She definitely got the warning. A soft sigh came of her lips. She missed Kove already. He was so amazing and now she could never see him again! Bane made his warning clear enough. She should never come close to him again. This always happened when she liked someone. They didn't return her affection or something came up which caused a separation. Scarlett laid down in sadness. She felt heartbroken and alone. Néa was gone, Kove was gone, a bloody head showed up at the border, Tuwawi attached a child. A soft sigh came off her lips.

Moments later while she was sulking Scarlett heard the howl. Her heart skipped a beat and jumped to her feet. Oh no. What if this got Duskfire in more trouble... She had to tell Kove to stay away! Scarlett rushed to see the male. After a quick run she appeared at the border to then trot her way over to Kove. Her ears fell back in sadness. "You shouldn't come here. I got Bane's message, okay?! I-- We can't be friends anymore. And I know that you aren't anything like your pack but leaving a mutilated head on your border is not a very nice thing to do!!! It looked so scary and .. I.. I don't.. I don't want it to be my head next time. That you are dangerous and stuff is kinda.. hot but this was one step too far for me. I can't even eat. It was horrible. Now-- Now--Go!!," she tried to speak with more authority. But, she was nervous and she talked a lot when she was nervous. She also didn't want to say goodbye the Kove. It made her sad.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the pale coat of the woman came into view, his tail instantly starting to sway back and forth, and a smile was plastered across his face. He was glad to see her, as he always was, but as soon as the words left her mouth, he froze. His tail stopped moving and his smile fell, his entire posture was replaced with one of unmoving confusion. Bane's message? No, that couldn't be right. Bane had left the pack—as in left, left it—so him going all the way up to the Glacier just to send a message to Scarlett seemed out of the question. Plus, he was sure he would have known about it if any of his pack members decided to leave a message for another pack, as something like that was sure to lead to a battle. Kove knew not of any Blackfeather wolves having traveled so far from home, besides himself, of course. Slowly, as he collected his thoughts and everything he knew, the ghost shook his head.

“It couldn't have been a message from Bane,” he started, making no move to leave. “He left the pack. He wouldn't come all the way up here just to send you a message after having left his pack.” It wasn't something he would do, or at least Kove didn't think it was. He hadn't caught the scent of any Woods wolves one his way up to the Glacier, though, so that just further proved what he said to himself. “I don't know who left a mutilated head on your border, but it wasn't Blackfeather. Even if it was by some chance, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of ending our friendship. I promise to keep you safe from everything, even if that 'everything' turns out to be some twisted wolf's idea of a joke.” The man took a step towards her, just close enough to nudge her cheek with his nose. “It will never be you getting mutilated or left somewhere to cause a scare, I would never let someone do that to you.” He had the opportunity to say what was on his mind right there, but didn't take it. Kove wanted to wait until she was settled down some, and until he was positive she knew the head wasn't left because of their friendship.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett felt so bad for saying such things to Kove. She realized that it might sounded a bit prejudiced to think of his pack and not others. But she was certain it was Bane! Kove's words seemed to click into her mind. "Wh-What?," she called out and blinked. Bane.. left? Did that mean she could hang out with Kove once more? Her tail instantly started wagging. Her red eyes studied Kove for any truths. She soon realized that Kove was entirely serious. "Does that mean I can see you again?!," she asked with so much hope in her voice. It couldn't be missed. Scarlett was clearly very eager to hang out with Kove some more.

Scarlett loved the idea of a male looking out for her. "I love that. But.. You are at Black Feather. I am here, by my glacier," she whispered. There were so many miles between them. Her red eyes looked at Kove who came closer to her. All she wanted to do was just shower him with affectionate little licks for being so.. amazing. "But what kind of wolf would do such a cruel thing?" Honestly Scarlett could only think of anyone but Black Feather who would do that. She quickly pushed it away. She didn't want to think of this horrible present they got. Kove was here and that wouldn't be discussed now. "You are here," she then whispered and couldn't help but lick the cheek of the taller wolf.

"You came all this way for me?," she asked with a soft gasp. That was very flattering. Oh how she wished that Kove was more than a friend. She could snuggle against him every night and feel safe. Her tail started to wag more eagerly at the thought of that.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I couldn't stop myself. I couldn't. I had a giant grin on my face the entire time as I typed this up.
Kove has grown up so fast. c':

When the words and what they meant processed in her head, Kove saw a change in her almost immediately. Her tail started to wag, and she seemed happy about being about to see him again. Even if the head had been left by Bane, the Inuit wouldn't have allowed such a thing to keep him away from her. Instead, knowing that such a thing was left on her pack's border did the opposite. It didn't make him want to stay away, but to stay close to her and protect her instead. He didn't want whoever left it to come back with more ways to hurt her, whether it be mentally or physically. “Yes, it does,” he told her. “Even if it had been Bane, I would not have stayed away. I would have stayed right here to make sure he never returned.” Protecting her was the least he could do, and was a great excuse to stay close to her. That was all he ever wanted—was to be close to her.

Kove's ears perked a bit when she whispered, and his tail slowly started to sway once again. “If it is what you want, I will stay here.” He was being completely serious with her. If she said jump, he would jump, if she wanted him to stay by her side at all times, he would do exactly that. The woman had him wrapped around her finger without even knowing it, and he was fine with that. “I do not know who would do such a thing, but I do know that they will not be allowed to hurt you. Had I been here, I would have prevented you from seeing such an awful sight.” When he was still a whelp, he'd often believed the actions of his father towards his mother were a big over the top, but now he found himself acting the same way. Meeting Scarlett had been the greatest thing to happen to him, and he believed her life to be worth more than his own. It was never some small feeling when Apaata wolves found who they believe to be the perfect match for them. That was why he began to ready himself.

“Of course I did,” Kove said, giving her a smile. “I would travel over any distance if you were waiting for me on the other side.” The ghost drew in a breath of air quietly, mentally preparing himself for what was to come next. He was brave when it came to things like battles and such, but with emotions it was different. He didn't want to lose her as a friend, but he was also sure he wanted more to come. The thought of staying friends and watching her go off to live her life with another upset him greatly, and he knew he would never be able to do that. Slowly, hesitantly, he opened his mouth to speak once more.

“I would do anything just for you, because I've fallen for you, Scarlett.”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I think I am melting, while smiling like crazy. These two.

Scarlett's red eyes glanced at him shyly. He was a really good friend if he wanted to disobey his Beta, or well ex-Beta, to be with her. That sounded almost romantic. The girl felt her heart flutter. Once again she had to remind herself that Kove was just a friend. Males didn't see her as mate material. She was the red eyed monster after all. It was hard to stop thinking such things when she was so used to hearing it. Scarlett was at loss for words in a good way.

The albino bobbed her head instantly. She wanted Kove to stay. Scarlett couldn't really smuggle him inside of DFG grounds with Adlartok in her den but maybe they could sleep somewhere else close to the border. The pale female was filled with glee that her crush wanted to spend time with her. "That is sweet, Kove. I don't want to think about it anymore. I hope that someone stays away. Far away," She whispered. "But luckily I have you then," she added.

Scarlett blinked a few times. Okay, Kove sounded like a really compassionate friend. It made her feel a bit flustered. Her eyes fell to the snowy grounds as a silence filled between them. She curiously turned her eyes on Kove again as she realized he wasn't done talking yet. Once those words left his mouth Scarlett was certain she imagined it. First of all it was a shock that a wolf had fallen for her, and second... Her crush liked her back?! This never happened before!! A soft gasp came from her lips before she lightly sniffled, in happiness. Her tail started wagging more eagerly.

"Oh!," she breathed and stepped closer without hesitation. Scarlett was quick to hide her face in the longer fur of Kove's neck. "IreallyreallylikeyoutooLikeAlott,' she mumbled in one go. Another sniffle fell from her lips because she couldn't believe that someone she liked, liked her back. She stepped a bit back and liked over his cheek. "I have fallen badly for you too," she then spoke, a mere whisper. Look at her such an emotional mess just because someone genuinely liked her in a romantic way.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Same thing is happening to me. cx

When she said she no longer wished to speak about the disturbing topic, Kove dropped it almost instantly. He didn't want to upset her at all, and certainly didn't want to be the cause of any further grief. She didn't deserve that. “I hope they do as well,” he added quietly, wanting his last thought on the matter to be heard before it was shoved from his mind entirely. Well, not entirely, but enough for him to no longer speak about it. Forgetting such a thing was something he could not do, especially is he wanted to protect Scarlett from whoever had left such a surprise. A kindhearted smile fell into place on his face at the mention of being lucky to have him. The ghost was glad she saw it that way, as it was the same for him. Most likely for different reasons, but the feeling was mutual all the same.

Kove froze when a sniffle escaped the albino, having not realized right away it was one formed out of happiness. Such a thing was confirmed when she hid her face in his neck fur, though, and what she mumbled after further confirmed it. His tail started to wag back and forth faster, as if he was a puppy being given a reward for the first time, and he returned the lick to her check, as well as her forehead. The copper eyed lupine was thrilled over the fact that the one he liked—no, the one he loved—liked him back. It was as if the earth had stopped momentarily, freezing the man in a state of pure joy and happiness. “I was worried you wouldn't feel the same,” he murmured to her, a wide smile showing itself off on his face. “I thought you wouldn't even want to be friends anymore after I told you, but instead I was met with the greatest surprise of my life.”

Now that they both knew, the only question was what was the next step? Kove knew they could never truly be together, as they were of separate packs, but he wanted to. If she wished to share what they felt towards one another with others, he knew one of them would have to leave their pack behind. Knowing well the pale woman wouldn't fit in with the Woods, and that he wouldn't allow her there even if she did, he knew he would need to be the one to leave. A part of him didn't want to, but it would be for the better; he would be happy. Still, Kove was not even sure as to whether or not Scarlett wished for him to do that. He didn't want to risk imposing on her or come off as being overbearing (though he probably already had), but he also didn't want to leave her alone in a pack that was sure to have other males. Mentally, he sighed, choosing to figure out what would happen when the time came about, or if the time came about. They might share the same feelings towards one another, but he was unsure whether or not they shared the same vision for the future.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett wanted to burry her nose into Kove's delicious smelling fur once more. Now she never wanted to let him go. But she was afraid that she would need to. Duskfire was under attack and Scarlett wasn't sure if they would be kind toward strangers now. Scarlett let out a chuckle. "Oh you silly wolf," she retuned and licked over the tip of his nose. "Even though I was a bit oblivious too... I admit. I thought you just wanted to be a good friend. I think I like this more." Scarlett always wanted someone to love her, even though she was an albino. She moved herself closer to Kove and hummed softly. How could she think that Kove was just a friend if he just wanted her safe all the time. Those were all things that mates would do. Mates.

Scarlett looked up at Kove and blinked. "What now? I mean. You are in Black Feather.. I.. I am not sure if I will fit in there. But I would do it! For you. Although, then I would have to leave Adlartok behind and Duskfire. That will be though," Scarlett whispered. She wasn't sure if she even could leave them. Maybe Kove didn't like the light that the glacier reflected. Maybe he just wanted the dark woods. "I kind of don't want to let you go now," she whispered softly, her red eyes falling into Kove's copper ones.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
He silently reveled in every second spent with the kindhearted woman. The nuzzling, the licks, and the overall kindness she had to share with the world. He loved it all, and he loved her even more. The balance she provided was something he enjoyed as well, but even if she wasn't as kind as she was, he was sure he still would have fallen for her. She was his sun, dazzling brighter than all the other stars that wished to make themselves known. She was light and warmth, and she liked him just as he liked her. “I definitely like this more,” her told her, nudging the side of her face with his snout before licking over her muzzle. They had both been so oblivious to the feelings the other felt towards them, but now that it was out in the open he felt almost relieved. The weights that were his thoughts of possible rejection had been lifted up off of him, and it was like he was walking on clouds. The feelings he harbored were light and warm, something he could have never felt again if he hadn't met Scarlett on that fateful day.

Then, the question he was awaiting made itself known. He enjoyed the fact that she'd be willing to leave her pack for him, but he wouldn't allow that. Blackfeather would not be a good match for her, and the dangers that came with the pack was not something he wanted to reach her. Not now, not ever. Slowly, Kove shook his head, then gave a warm smile. “You have ties here, Scarlett, and I would never ask for you to leave behind the life you've created for yourself here.” His voice held calmness as he spoke to her, as if what he was about to say was the simplest thing in the world. “My only true tie to Blackfeather is the Brotherhood, but I will leave the pack behind in order to join yours. I don't want to be away from you any longer than I'll ever need to be, and I don't want you coming to a dangerous place. Not again, anyways.” Deep down, Kove knew there would be times when he could not protect her entirely, but he was willing to try. His first step would be leaving the dark forest, and trading it's land for that of the glacier—which reminded him more of his birth place than the woods ever could.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I don't know if you want to explore DFG in another thread or continue here! :3

Scarlett moved back to sit by Kove. Her head resting against his chest. She absolutely loved it that she could snuggle against another wolf. She was clearly liking this too. The talk about how they would change their packs for one another confirmed that they were both serious about each other. Scarlett hummed softly. "Well, why don't you talk about it with your alpha first? I mean this brotherhood is a big thing for you. I know a brotherhood is like.. super close so.. Before you go say that you will leave talk with your alpha about it. Or whoever is leader of this very secret assassin club of yours," she chuckled softly and licked his cheek.

The white female looked over Kove's handsome body, muscled and everything. Her hero. "I should show you the Glacier then!," she exclaimed. She knew the perfect look out that could show Kove an overview of Duskfire lands. Maybe the sight of it could convince him even more to start and live her. They had lots of adventurous things to do! The ice grotto for example. Kove would probably like that. And maybe he liked to swim too! Melt water lake was great to swim in, especially in summer. Scarlett had it all envisioned. She instantly decided that she should also dig a new den. All this planning she needed to do!
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
We can do it in another thread. c: That being said, last post from me here!

Scarlett made an excellent point. He had seen how Meldresi acted when an old pack member, one he'd never gotten the chance to know, sprung the fact that she was leaving on them all at a pack meeting. He didn't want the same thing to happen for him, so speaking with the Queen ahead of time would be the smarter option. He planned to do that as soon as he could, maybe even the second he got back, if he felt the time was right. “Alright,” Kove said, giving her a lick over her muzzle. “I'll talk to Meldresi when I get back to the Woods. Maybe I'll still be able to stay a member of the Brotherhood, or at least leave on good terms.” The last thing he wanted was to leave on bad terms. There was no telling what would happen if that were the case.

Kove's tail starting to move faster at the proposition of being shown the Glacier. It looked like a nice place from what he cold see, and he couldn't even begin to imagine what seeing it all would be like. Perhaps it would overwhelm him with thoughts and visions of home, of his family, or maybe it would just be refreshing. Either way, he wouldn't want to spend the time with anyone other than Scarlett. “I would love that,” he told her. “Seeing the Glacier ahead of time, especially with you, is sure to be a great experience.” His head moved down to nudge her gently, almost playfully, on the shoulder, smiling all the while. Every time he was near her, he couldn't help but act as if they'd known one another for lifetime after lifetime.