Rising Sun Valley A new home
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Discovery Thread, Bearclaw Valley. @Kove, Implying you are already present. This is thread is Kove and Scarlett discovering Bearclaw Vally and deciding it will be the home for their pack. Own Visuals: [x] [x]
[x]

Previous Discovery Thread & Visual by @Fox. I hope you don't mind our own twist. We liked to give it an Eyrie (Game of Thrones) kind of feel. One way in, one way out. (Or so it might seem :P)

Scarlett walked next to Kove as they had left Wapun Meadow behind awhile ago. She trotted actively next to her soon-to-be-mate. The light colored female felt really proud when she walked next to the male. "I believe it was up ahead!," Scarlett commented. She had been venturing and exploring a lot so that is why she knew there was a valley coming up. She never dared to enter it, mainly because she only recently found the entrance to the valley. It seemed like the perfect place for their new pack! The last time she had looked down into the valley, not knowing where to enter. After some exploring she found a more mellow descend instead of the steep walls only a mountain goat could live on. That was when she turned around and decided this was something she needed to do with Kove. Even from the entrance of the valley there was a beautiful view. A lazy river ran from north to south, the cause of this river was a waterfall all we way at the end of the valley.

Scarlett nudged Kove as they stood at the entrance, licking over his cheek. "Look! I think it is perfect. This seems like the only entrance into the valley due to the steep rocky walls." One of those walls belonged to the mammoth of a mountain on the other side of the valley. Scarlett was loving the the view. "Wouldn't that be great? The one way in and out? I mean we won't have to do any patrolling, only need to have guards at this entrance. We wouldn't have to worry for intruders." Plus it would be extra safe for their young, but Scarlett wasn't that bold to voice that out loud to her future mate. They never had a chance to talk about babies so Scarlett would push that topic to another date.

The light female wasn't thinking of the residents currently living here. Since this area already could contain other predators that might make this home not a suitable home. Scarlett started to make her way into the valley. The woods weren't like she encountered before. Big boulders were in their way which had to be walked around on, or be jumped on top. "See those cluster of islands that the river makes way for? We could it Bearpaw Island! It looks a bit like a paw, doesn't it?," she chuckled. Scarlett was mainly pleased that this valley had sturdy walls that made sure no one was attacking their back. Although it would be pretty dangerous if their defense wouldn't be good enough. No where to run... Scarlett decided that was something to discuss later with Kove.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The ghostly wolf followed after his companion, each stepping carrying them closer and closer to the place they would soon call home. When she mentioned something about it being up ahead, he picked up his pace a bit, eager to see what type of place it was. He needed to be aware of where it was, how he could get there, and whether or not it was even habitable. It had to be, though, or else he was sure Scarlett wouldn't have wanted to come all the way out to see it again. As they stood at the entrance, his eyes scanned over everything, and he soon found himself becoming utterly impressed with it. It was perfect, or so it seemed. One way in could be a good thing if they had strong warriors, but troublesome if they didn't. If they settled there, he knew he would need to search the area for some sort of escape route, that way they could quickly escape if ever caught off guard. Aside from that, and the lack of knowledge they had on what else lived there, it seemed like an amazing place. Once he would love to live in with Scarlett, as well as the rest of their pack members.

Kove shot her a wide smile, accompanied by a slow wag of his tail. "It is perfect, you have a great eye for things, Scarlett," he noted, returning his optics to gaze over the land. "We would need strong guards though, as well as someone quick stationed close by to help prevent surprise attacks. The quickest guard could be sent to alert everyone else of a thread if it would be too large for the guards to handle alone." The plan seemed good in his head, and sounded as if it would work well when he spoke it out loud. He hoped she would agree with him, but if not he would find another way to keep everyone safe. "If doesn't look like there's any other way out, but there could be a hidden route, or routes. We could use those as escape tunnels in case of emergency if we can find any." Kove, of course, would keep knowledge of a passage hidden, if there even were any to be found. He could use it to slip away when he was needed by the Brotherhood. It wouldn't be lying, as he would tell Scarlett if she asked about where he was going, but unless that came about he'd simply keep it to himself.

As Scarlett moved forward, officially entering the valley, Kove followed suit. The boulders could be troublesome if they weren't careful, but he couldn't see anything major happening because of them. As long as they stayed on relatively level ground, they wouldn't need to worry about any rolling away and harming the wolves that would soon occupy the land. At the mention of a cluster of islands, his head turned and followed where she was looking. There's no telling what they could use those little islands for. It could be a good experience to swim across the river and to them once it was warmer—or even now, if anyone was daring enough. "It does," he agreed, a light chuckle mixing with the end of his words. "That sounds like a great name. We could swim out to see what's on those little islands when it's warmer, perhaps there's something there that would interest you as a Naturalist?" Even if they didn't use the little islands for anything, the sight of them alone was still something to look forward to.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was almost floating when Kove complimented her on having a great eye. The female still got flutters in her tummy when Kove said nice things to her. Her red eyes showed excitement, as she moved down towards the valley. The spurs seemed to grow through some of the cracks of the boulders. How remarkable. Eventually the stone got less and less. More trees appeared. "I will leave the defending and strategizing up to you, yes?," Scarlett chuckled softly. "I think you would make a great protector. You are already protecting me so well." At an open spot between the trees Scarlett scanned over the steep walls. There might be other entrances. Maybe in the steep rocky walls contained tunnels? They were too far away to check that out.

The albino reached the bottom of the valley first, where the trees made way for grass giving a great open field that had the lazy river moving through it. This would be perfect for big game. Although, Scarlett wasn't seeing them. "Well, herbs and other plants could be growing along the bank, since the water is shallow there. Outcry mentioned of becoming a healer. She might find some there. There might be some beavers or otters living there too. They are fat and juicy, nice for winter. We could dig them out," Scarlett returned, combining her naturalist and gamekeeper skills. The albino female looked at Kove then, stopping in her walk. "You are from Alaska, where did you learn how to swim? Can you even swim?," she teased him playfully.

The pale female moved through the bits of snow. There was still some snow in the shadow of the mountain, in the parts were the sun had touched the ground the green grass was showing. Scarlett stopped in her walk when she spotted a perfect print of a bear paw in the snow. "Uh. Kove?," she let out questionably.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As they moved forward, he couldn't help but try to look at everything. It was a new place, and he wanted to learn every inch of it. It would be beneficial for a number of reasons to know every square inch of the land they would most likely be settling in. His head bobbed in a nod in response to what the woman said. “Alright,” he said, tail swaying back and forth a bit quickly when she complimented him. Her opinion on everything mattered greatly, especially when it came to her opinion on him. “Then I will continue to protect you as I do, but I will also take lengths to keep our pack safe. I'll try to make sure no one gets harmed under my watch.” Kove wanted to promise her that, tell her that he would keep the land safe entirely, but he couldn't. There was no way accurately tell the future, leaving him unable to know if anything dangerous would come about. If it did, he would continue to act as a protector for as long as he could, but there was no telling what would be thrown at them when they were all good and settled in.

He couldn't help but watch her in amazement as she spoke. She seemed to know quite a lot, and he was glad of that. “Perhaps you could assist Outcry in finding these herbs when the time comes? Combine her knowledge of uses with your knowledge of where they're most likely to grow, and we have the perfect team.” Kove grinned a bit at that, though he really did think it would be a good idea. Working together with their pack members could tell them all sorts of things, and form bonds of loyalty with them that could very well last a lifetime. That was what he wanted. “I will be sure to catch you some beavers and otters, then,” the man told her, moving up to walk at her side. When the question of him swimming came around, he let out a chuckle. “My pack held a lake in it's territory that we referred to as Ursine Lake due to how often you could find bears there. When grizzlies weren't around, many of us younger ones at the time would head out and play in the water, and whatever adult that came along work take take turns teaching each of us to swim. We always have thick coats, even in the warmer months, so the water was never too much of a bother.” The man was tossed in an old memory, one that held all of his siblings. Their coats had still been a bit thinner at that time due to their age, but that hadn't stopped Kove or the others from jumping right into the water. “I'm sure it isn't as graceful looking as most's way of swimming since the second any of the parents saw they would usher us out, but it's enough for me to move and stay afloat.”

Kove missed his old home, probably more than he'd admit to, but he was happy where he currently was with Scarlett. He wold gladly stay anywhere with her, even if it was so far from the North that the snow didn't even reach them. He came to a stop when he heard his name, copper eyes following her crimson ones to see what she was looking at. He inspected the print for a second, before looking at her with a small smile, not a trace of worry showing. “Don't worry about it,” the ghost said, sniffing at the print for a second for further confirmation. “You see how the toes go around with the pad? That means a black bear made this, and they aren't too bad.” Kove looked up the trees, trying to find any other sight of the bear, but didn't see any. “They're solitary creatures, so I doubt there's more than one in the area, but I could be wrong. They're shy, and usually just go up into the trees if we wolves go after them—unless they have cubs. We should be fine, but if we come across it, just don't freak out.” He only knew what he had witnessed so many years ago, as it was mainly black bears that came around the lake. Grizzlies could be found passing through, but he'd never gotten as close to them as he had black bears, as they are much more aggressive. Black bears, however, are usually more lazy than anything, or so it usually seems.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett wasn't very good with defending or strategy. She was pleased that she wouldn't need to protect borders as the alpha. She could assign through wolves like Raziel to patrol or guard. That would make an impressing feat. But she didn't want to scare away new members. For now she would let Kove handle this. "Such a noble knight," she grinned. Her tail wagged with her fondness for the male. The lighter female listened to Kove's words. She was planning that already. She could help scout for plans Outcry needed. They would make a perfect team. Although her stomach gutted at that thought. She was remembering Néa. The girl was almost like her own daughter, one who also wanted to pursue being a healer. Scarlett had brought her to the wetlands to search for plants and made quite the team. It was the reason why Adlartok healed the way he did. But now Néa was gone and Scarlett still mourned her loss.

Scarlett smiled when Kove spoke about catching her all the otters and beavers. She decided to tease him a bit. "Oh so that is you saying you want me to fatten up?," She asked, red eyes on him. Even her brow raised slightly. She couldn't hold her giggle for long. "Just messing with you. Although we shouldn't catch too much. I don't want to unbalance this valley." Due to the steep walls it was probably difficult for wildlife to get in or out the valley which meant that there was a balanced ecosystem on its own. The river looked essential. She wondered if there was some fish in it. "Awww. That is nice to hear. I love swimming or water in general. Maybe where the river is deeper we can take a dip. Sounds like a loving home. I like that." She wanted to give her babies also a loving home.

The light female sniffled over the paw print and looked up at Kove. "If you say so," She spoke. "I never really encountered a bear, only one but it was dead. I wouldn't like to live in fear for this bear. What if he would see our pup--pack mates, pack mates as a snack," Scarlett spoke. Oh she almost slipped up there. Maybe she should ask if Kove wanted to be a father. Scarlett had the biggest wish to build her own little family. The female looked further ahead into the valley. It seemed it was quite a few miles long, with at the end a waterfall rushing down, creating the river. She probably should know the difference between a brown and a black bear but to her defense she hadn't mastered her naturalist trade yet. "Let's explore further. Which direction? To the waterfall? Or follow the river downstream? There seems to be a maple forest toward the end of the river. I want to know where the river leads to. I mean there is a rocky wall right there! But the waterfall might be interesting too. What do you say?"
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove had been the favored the son when it came to his father, and because of that he'd been taught nearly everything the older male had known. Majority of those things included fighting, defending a border, and protecting what you hold dear to you. He was sure he could work through a way to keep the territory protected, while also making it seem open to potential new members in the future. There would be trial and error, of course, as he would still be getting to know his pack mates, but everything would work itself out and a way would be shown to him. His head turned to look at her face when she spoke of him being a noble knight, giving her a warm smile as he did so. Something seemed off, though, and while he was curious, he didn't want to pry. If something was eating at her, surely she would tell him, right? The ghost hoped so, as he wanted to always be thereto cheer her up when needed.

The man chuckled in response to her joking accusation, before leaning over to lightly nudge her shoulder with the top of his head. "I could be wanting to," he said, smiling widely at her. An innuendo, perhaps, but not one he'd admit to at the moment. He gave a nod of his cranium in agreement, knowing well not to catch too many. He was far from being a Naturalist, but even Kove knew that over hunting could mess up the ecosystem, and doing that could possibly make the place inhabitable. While they hadn't been there long, he was already starting to really like it, and didn't want to mess it up in any way. The pale man's gaze trailed back to the river, curious of what might be in it. He'd use to try and catch fish in the old lake he'd grown up by, but most of the time he would end up failing. Attempts to mimic the bears had been made a great number of times, and the attempts to mimic the bears had ended up failing more times than they succeeded. It never once discouraged him, as he'd make it up to himself when he was done by going for a swim in the cold waters. "I would love to do that," Kove said, already imagining what it might be like to jump right into the river. "It was..." His voice trailed off towards the end as he was, once again, thrown into some memories regarding his old home and family. Many were good, but some bad ones were also there. "I hope that we can make our new home as loving as we can for the future."

To say he was surprised would be a slight understatement. He couldn't believe the only bear she'd ever encountered was a dead one, but then again, maybe his birthplace was just infested with them, or something like that. He wouldn't know. The amount of bears had always seemed normal to him. His mouth parted in order to speak, but his words seemed to pause before even starting as he listened to her further. Kove could have sworn he heard her say 'pup' before she switched it, but he couldn't be sure. Maybe it was just his own desire to start a family that was causing his mind to play tricks on him, or maybe they both wanted the same thing eventually. "I find it strange you've never seen a live bear before, but maybe we can change that," he said, a slight grin on his face. "We wouldn't need to live in fear, not for our pack mates, or any pups that might come about." Kove didn't want to specify whose whelps they would be, since he didn't want to worry her about thinking over that type of stuff if he really had heard incorrectly. "Black bears usually eat berries and stuff, and fish, from what I've seen. It's rare for them to go after any other source of meat, and I never once saw one try to eat a wolf. They're pretty laid back." Once again, he wasn't sure if that was because of where he was, or if majority of black bears were like that.

To her inquiry, he thought for a second, working through which would be better to see first. They would, eventually, see everything, but what to see first was the question at hand. He kind of wanted to see the waterfall, as he hadn't gotten a good look at the one he'd jumped from when in the tunnels with Bane, but it seemed Scarlett wished to follow the river. Seeing as he was willing to do anything for her, he placed his want aside, figuring they'd check it out later, and used his snout to point over along the river. "Lets follow the river," Kove told her, rather interested in where it went himself. "I want to see what lies along it, and the forest that lays at it's end. Could be nice to get a clue of what else might live here, aside from that bear." He was a bit curious about whether or not the bear might be in the forest, but didn't linger on the idea. The ghost was there with Scarlett so they could explore what would end up as their new home, and no bear would prevent that from happening.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The light female was loving their playful banter. It made her realize that they were very comfortable around each other. As it should be, she might add. The one thing she always envisioned was now here with her. It wasn't starting her own pack, she never dreamed of such things, but it was having Kove close to her. "Be careful now. I might start eating a lot and turn into a fat bear myself. No offense to the bear that lives here of course," Scarlett spoke, maybe the bear was totally eavesdropping on them! Who knows! Scarlett chuckled a bit. Her tail wagged when Kove wanted to make this just as lovely as his old home. "Even more loving," Scarlett added with a court nod. That probably wasn't going to be difficult with Scarlett and Kove being so crazy about each other.

Scarlett looked at the large male. "Well, we had some where I was born, not a very big population. When I scented them I would just go the other way. I wasn't strong enough to even fend off my pestering packmates so I was smart enough to avoid bears." Scarlett thought back at that time, and her time as a lone wolf. She would make sure to stay out of a bear's path. Maybe it was the reason she was still so unscratched until today. Although she had some mental scars from the bullying but the small girl would deny any of those existence. Scarlett practically melted in a puddle when Kove spoke about packmates, and pups. "I like babies," she spoke and moved closer against Kove. A content sigh left her lips. She already pictured herself here with Kove and a bunch of fat fluffy puppies that would stumble and roll after them. Oh, so cute! Scarlett decided then that she wanted this valley as her new home. There would only be a few things that would change her mind.

Scarlett trotted next to the lazy river and scanned the bank for any paw prints or other scents. Slowly trees returned more abundantly. The spurs gave way for maple and oak trees. The river seemed to have a few more mini waterfalls, like steps of a staircase, it gave an overall serene echo through these woods. Scarlett quickly drank a few sips before continuing to walk. "I smell elk," she realized and smiled. She couldn't see them but their droppings were here. The light female then continued, not actively seeking the elk since she knew at least that there was some big game. The female froze into place when Kove was indeed right since before her was a bear lazily sniffing the ground. He looked up at the presence of the two wolves before nosing over the ground again. Scarlett's ears fell back in uncertainly. "You were right. I guess it doesn't care about us," Scarlett spoke. That is when the bear looked up again, straight at Scarlett.

The female instantly grew tense again. "I am not some savage who doesn't understand your tongue, miss wolf," the bear instantly returned. The albino swallowed thickly, feeling a bit embarrassed. "I'm terribly sorry. Is this your valley?" Scarlett inched closer to Kove and looked at the black bear curiously. "You wolves always talk about claiming something. No, I don't call this valley 'mine'. Though I do see it as my home. Welcome to this valley. I'm Arthur. Now don't bother me too much I am finding a good spot for my afternoon nap," Arthur returned. Scarlett looked at Kove, letting him introduce them. He was better at those things probably. "We will leave you to your nap then. Nice to meet you," Scarlett returned quietly.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove chuckled as she spoke of turning into a fat bear. That would surely be an interesting sight to see. He wouldn't mind her putting on some more weight, but for a reason other than eating. "You would be the nicest bear around," he pointed out, then allowed his eyes to look around at the surrounding area. "I'm sure the bear here is nice too, though." He added the last part just in case the bear might be listening in. They were large animals, yes, but they also knew how to hide in trees. There was no telling how intelligent the bear was, if he could hear them, or if he could even understand them. The ghost had never really conversed with a bear before, he'd only watched them and saw how they acted. He returned his copper gaze to the woman, but his ears stayed erect and listening for any sounds that might give the ursine away. "It will definitely be much more loving with us leading it," he commented, tail swaying with his words. The happy movements of his tail had, more or less, become an immediate reaction when in the albino's presence. She always made him happy, even when she didn't try to.

"That's understandable," Kove said, looking ahead of them to see where they were heading. "If the bear here ends up being aggressive, I'll make sure you won't have to fend him off. I don't think he will be, though, so you'll probably be able to meet your first bear, close up and personal." He grinned at that thought, tossing a glance to catch her expression to his words. The man wouldn't allow the bear to ever hurt her, of course, but he couldn't imagine a black bear even trying to. What got him was how the sight might appear. This little, kind female, standing in front of and having a civilized conversation with a large, male bear. If anyone in the pack-to-be ever showed her an ounce of disrespect, Kove could just set up a meeting with the bear to show the others just how strong their leading woman would be. He liked that idea very much. The only idea he liked more than that one, though, was the one that came to mind when Scarlett spoke of liking babies. The thought of starting a family with her, and having a bunch of tiny wolves running around with them. "You do, do you?" he said, a small smile appearing on his face to replace the previous grin. "I like them too." Whelps were something he would always like, as showed with his encounters with the Dark Queen's children. They had been odd, but certainly likable.

The pale man walked side-by-side with his lover, eyes constantly looking around and taking in everything he could. When she stopped for a drink, he found himself looking at the small waterfalls. They were appealing to the eyes, and gave the air a safe and peaceful feel to it. As if nothing could ever harm them, though he knew that wasn't always true. "We could hold pack hunts for elk, then, when the time comes," Kove noted. "Would be a nice catch, along with those beavers and otters." The ghost grinned at that, but the grin soon fell as the continued and happened upon the bear. Kove held a welcoming smile on his face at the sight, watching the bear nose around at the ground. Perhaps he was looking around for something to eat, or maybe a spot to rest. He'd seen black bears resting a lot back home. It was as if they were always tired, but because of what he never knew. The white wolf listened as the albino and the bear exchanged some words, unable to keep the slight bit of amusement out of his eyes.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Arthur," Kove said, giving a nod of his head in greeting as he did so. He took a few steps closer to the bear, having seen no threats in the way he moved. Besides, he was a black bear, and the wolf didn't mind just approaching one. "I am Kove Apaata, and this," he paused, using his muzzle to point to the colorless woman. "Is my love, Scarlett. I apologize for interrupting your nap, and entering your home without asking first, but we are searching for a place to settle, and we believe this valley would be a nice place to do so." He didn't want to intrude on the bear without letting him know the situation, as he didn't want to cause any problems between him and the wolves. In Kove's mind, they could all live in peace, and he wanted that. "I do not want to put you in any bad situation, which is why I ask if you would mind sharing your space with a pack of us wolves. I will make sure no one bothers you during your naps or tries to harm you, and in return for you allowing us to stay, we will keep aggressive wolves from coming in and bothering you. Does that sound good to you, Arthur?" The man looked at Scarlett, a confident smile showing through as he motioned for her to come closer with him. He was sure the bear wouldn't mind, as they didn't give him a reason to. Neither of them wished to chase him from his home, nor did they want to harm him. The Inuit was sure they would be able to claim the land.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was close to being in heaven right now. She could have endless walks with Kove through this wonderful area. She felt so loved and wanted when she was with him. Spring was breaking through, which made all the cold melt away and the sun shine down on them. Scarlett felt her legs almost turn to blubber when Kove spoke about liking little ones too. Oh that was just wonderful. Scarlett almost tripped over her own paws because she felt so light headed. Even though being kicked out a pack and having to live through difficult times it seemed that faith was finally turning in favor of her. If she had to go through all the hardship of her youth once more so Scarlett would have Kove as her own she would do it again. The white knight of a wolf was quickly turning into one of the wolves she held closest to her heart. He was everything to her and she was going to let him know that. She would give him the cutest and best pups ever and be the most loving and caring mate for him. "I love you so much, Kove."

The bear was another point to tackle. He seemed to be alright. Kove had been right about him being to lazy. Kove did a wonderful introduction. She was indeed his love and proudly so. Her head raised a bit because she was feeling great. "I've told you before Mr. Kove Apaata that I don't claim these lands as mine. More wolves you say? Well if you keep your promise I guess I will be alright with it. Wolves never really come to this valley. But if I can continue what I am doing you won't be bothered by me. Also, greetings to your female Miss Scarlett," the bear returned calmly. Scarlett liked that idea to keep the balance. "I have a great interest in nature. We are not here to unbalance that. We will leave you, Arthur. So you can keep your life as it was before." The bear only nodded courtly in return. Yet, the bear did seem more pleased. The fluffy black furred bear then plopped down and curled lazily into a sleeping ball. Scarlett nudged Kove as a sign they should probably leave. She made her way back to the river, walked through it and then to the other side which was also an Oak and Maple forest.

The light footed female noticed that the rock wall was coming closer. Her ears picked up an echo of the water rushing. The red eyed female reached the cave that the river flowed into. "So that is where it goes! I wonder where it ends," she thought out loud. She turned to her love and sat down. Once again it went through he mind how wonderful Kove was. Or how amazing he looked while standing there. Her red eyes looked lovingly at him. "Maybe it is one of the exits we thought of? I would feel like a spy or secret agent going there. But not today though we should explore the other side of the valley. Although I could do with a quick rest. Your idea of starting our own pack was the most brilliant idea. I love spending my time with you. Always. I can't be parted from you. I would miss you too much my heart might break," the female admitted.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All the time spent at Scarlett's side was ethereal, so peaceful and wonderful. It was like walking on air or gliding through the skies, it was something that couldn't be beaten. Nothing would be able to separate them, despite how delicate the love felt. It was warm and soft, seeming so fragile, but Kove knew it was strong because he could feel it. He felt the ache in his chest when he wasn't with her, and the soaring feeling of his heart when he was. If that didn't show him how strong his bond with her was, then surely the fact that he'd admitted he'd loved her before did. He'd never once said those words to someone outside of his immediate family before, which made it a big thing in his mind, and it also showed how much he felt for her. She had become his everything so quickly it was almost scary, but he did not cower and run, but embraced it instead. The man believed with his entire being that they would last until they each took their final breaths, and thought that showed in his actions. He'd left his pack to start a new one, and it was all for her. "Words can't describe my feelings entirely, but I do love you with every part of my being." He drew closer, if only for a second, to touch his nose to her cheek. He would make sure she was protected and loved for as long as he lived, even if, by some chance, it was no longer him she held close.

The ghost gave a simple nod of his head in response to what the bear had said, a smile of thanks appearing on his face. "Then we look forward to sharing this land with you, Arthur," he said. "I hope we can learn more about one another over time, but for now we will leave you. I hope you enjoy your nap." With that, he followed after Scarlett, but not before throwing the bear one last look over his shoulder. He looked forward to becoming better acquainted with the other man, and hoped they would all be able to live together without too much conflict. The bear had been there first, after all, and the last thing Kove wanted to do was chase him from his home. So, he would explain the situation to the rest of the pack, and he would make sure each stayed on leveled terms. Depending on who tried to cause trouble, there was a decent chance the Inuit would side with the bear, as he did not seem like an unreasonable creature. Surely he would never just go about causing trouble, as some wolves did.

As they neared what would later be found to be a secret passage, the echo of the water caught the attention of both of them. Kove was, of course, curious for many reasons. Was the exit on the other side hidden like the one the found now, or was it as clear as day and easily found? He would need to travel the length of it sometime to see how himself, as it could either be useful or a safety risk. "I wonder, too," the male told her, eyes looking in the direction the water disappeared into. He agreed with her that they should not yet look through it, as they needed to see the rest of the land, and he chuckled at her comment about feeling like a spy. That would definitely be something worth seeing, though he hoped she would never need to sneak around or lie as spies did. "Might be," he added, turning his head to look at her. He smiled as she continued to speak, his tail unconsciously waving behind him. "We will rest, then. I do not want for you to get too tired. I am also glad you love the idea so much," Kove spoke, his eyes never leaving her face. "I love being so close to you, as well, Scarlett. I will stay by your side forever, and ensure your heart never breaks. With this pack, we can do that, too. We will never have to be apart from one another for such a long time, like it use to be."