Swiftcurrent Creek quartend
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
AW specifically anyone who is planning on staying!

Dovev had finished dragging what was left of a cache, out of the choppy soil and into the mute February air. With an eye, he gazed over the ragged clump of rabbit meat and bones, followed by a old but edible haunch from a deer. It was measly pickings at best, as the white creature suspected this could last them another week or so with the other caches combined, but the pack was thinning. He didn't know how many able bodies would still be here after they cleared out, and it was a topic hard to think about.

The arctic wolf reburied the haunch but left the rabbit carcass exposed, planning on taking it back to some of the more traveled parts of the territory and leaving it for one of his packmates to snack on. He lifted his gray discs, gazing back towards the frosty hill he had marched up to reach the cache. The creek was visible from here, a steady white trickle on the wintry landscape, but the male could smell no aromas of wolves wafting up from the banks. It was as if he had blinked, and suddenly things just dissipated from in front of him. Dovev was frustrated, to say the least.
[Image: 12422385882006102414Black_bold_spiral.svg]
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
hi! I hope you're okay with me joining this?

Star sat alone by a large rock by the Creek that reminded her of a bear. Next to it was some upturned dirt and a couple of uncovered bones. She assumed it was the leftovers of some prey. She didn't know it was a grave. Tall grass surrounded her, but soon a scent passed her nose. Dovev. Out of all of Swiftcurrent, she was pretty sure she could trust Dovev the most, he'd been a good friend to her even though they didn't know each other great. She got up and began to trot in the direction of his scent. Tall grass parting as she pushed it aside with a small white and red body. As soon as she was close, she called out to him as she trotted up. "Hello, Dovev." She said with a respectful and curt nod to him.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
The grass was yellow and frayed, making way for a crunching noise as Star appeared behind him. He didn't say anything until they had reached the peak of the bluff, where the male could sit and quietly survey the blurry horizon. Dovev turned to reflect the nod with his own head, but he looked pensive and a little stressed.

I didn't realize this is what I'd be coming back to, he said, ears turning outward in an odd show of sadness. There were mistakes to be made, and he guessed this was one of them. Of course they would all leave, there was no reason to stay here. And he didn't have the self-pity to... it didn't matter. It was just them, for now. And that was hardly a pack. If Star even decided to stay, after all. There was no reason for her to stay, and it was hard to define Dovev's own reasons for being stubborn and wantonly sticking to his guns.

What do you think, Star? he spoke after a moment of frustrated musings. He hoped she would at least sit down and share some of her thoughts, because for now, it was just them.

realize character is inactive, but will give thread time until player comes back or goes afk!
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Star sat next to him. "I thought staying would be a lot better than this, too. Now I'm just... Bored? I'm without anything to live for and defend at the moment. I feel... Useless." She sighed deeply. Usually it was unlike Star to share feelings at all without being prompted or even persuaded. But Dovev had stayed a good friend to her through several times, and although she did not know him too well, she considered him one of her closest friends, since she didn't know anyone too well. "Hmm. I think... About Swiftcurrent Creek and all that? I don't know if we should try to rebuild it... Or head to another pack... Or just split ways.... What do you think?" Star countered back at him. She wasn't sure how to lead a pack. She knew some old Creek wolves disliked Noctisardor or the Sunspire, but honestly she never had a problem with either. She didn't hold anger for anyone unless it was personal, really. She honestly thought Shadow seemed like a nice guy, and she had a friend called Rain in the Spire. She was unsure about Duskfire. It seemed abit much close to Nova Peak, and truthfully Star did not want to see Bazi or Scimitar or Falwasi or that lot again soon. But overall she wouldn't mind starting a third phase in her life.
221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
Dovev agreed that he did feel useless- he had stubbornly turned his back on his makeshift family to be a stickler in pride and tradition. And the only one who had pursued interests  was Star, who now seemed to be musing over a future in travel. He did feel useless. And stupid.

Perhaps now is not the time for the Creek to exist, he spoke after Star listed different plans.
If we were to rebuild it... well, we need more wolves. And it seems this area has been completely emptied.
 The only loner Dovev had encountered was Iqsi, who had her own agenda of meeting up with her kin, Tonravik. The arctic wolf needed the structure and rigor of a pack and the powerplay that went into it, but he was no stranger to wandering alone.  

I have no reason to leave the Creek, even if no one else lives here, Dovev added after a moment. He could be a loner, but that didn't have to entail moving somewhere else. He would take advantage of the spring hunting that flourished around the floodplain, and make use of the surrounding lands like Emberwood.
I think I might be doomed to haunt this place forever, but I don't know about you.