Rising Sun Valley Rather Ambitious
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
All welcome, I like to have this as a Gamekeeper Thread! :3

Scarlett stayed low to the ground while she studied the big herd of elk. Before she could catch small rabbits for Adlartok, but with another injured youngster, Kove and herself Scarlett had quite some mouths to feed. She was looking if she could take down an elk on her own. The caretaker wanted to provide a meal for the ones she saw as her family. The pale female kept any noise down to make sure they wouldn't get startled by her presence. Her red eyes were on the flock, spying if there were any crippled deer. Now spring had arrived it meant the prey animals were getting stronger too. For Scarlett is was a risky move to hunt alone.

If she could even separate one it would mean the deer would look for refuge in the stream of water. The current was rather strong with the recent rain. All aspects she needed to think of. Maybe she should call one of the lone wolves that pledged their loyalty to her. They might be willing to help? But howling for one of those wolves would scare her prey away. Scarlett moved into a sitting position. She might go for it after all. She slowly crept closer. Until she initiated a chase with one doe. Her light frame kept up with the long legged animal, her jaws snapping at the deer's hind legs. Scarlett made sure to dodge any kicks. Like she expected, the deer she was chasing jumped into the river. Scarlett jumped in after her, but since she wasn't that big of frame, she was quick to loose her footing in the middle of the stream.

The albino growled in frustration and got herself to the bank, pacing there while the water dripped from her fur. Her eyes stayed locked on her prey. Eventually it would have to come out of the water, and then Scarlett would be waiting to make the kill.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The best part of having left his pack was not working to create a new one, but was the time he got to spend with Scarlett. He would have never thought he'd have the privilege of being so close to her so often, but that had quickly changed. The change was for the better, of course, as he couldn't imagine himself wishing to lay beside any other female. She completed him more than he'd ever let on, though he would gladly tell her if she ever asked. So when Kove awoke to find that his love's scent was rather stale, the sleep was quickly shaken from him and he set out to find her. The man was unsure of where she could have gone, but assumed it would have something to do with food. His suspicions where only confirmed as he grew closer and closer to where her scent was it's strongest. When her pale form came into view, he smiled, but that smile lived a short life.

There, in the river, was a deer, and there, pacing the river, was his lover. Not even he would go after a deer alone (okay, maybe he would, but that isn't the point), and the fact that she was trying to had him worrying instantly. Like the ghost he was, the man moved on light paws, stalking closer and closer to the river. The look on his face as he stepped in front of the woman made it clear he was unhappy with what she was doing, and that there was no way he would allow her to proceed alone. “Are you insane?” her questioned, setting his gaze on her face. Something seemed off about her, and it made him wonder if she was alright. Had she been eating? Getting enough sleep? He couldn't remember. “Why would you even think about taking down a deer on your own, huh?” Kove did the best he could to keep his voice even and cool, but he was unable to keep some of his worry from leaking into it. “What if something had happened? What if I'd not come and you'd gotten hurt?” The idea of that alone was enough to make his concerns show through entirely. In his voice, in his eyes, and even in the way he held himself. Losing her, especially to an animal of prey, was not something he wanted to ever happen.

Carefully, Kove allowed his eyes to move in order for him to glance at the animal in the river, but after seeing it still there, they jumped back to Scarlett's face. There had been a time, before he'd left his birth pack, in which a sitka doe had caused the death of a pack mate. The creature had broken her back by landing on it after a failed attempt to escape the jaws of the wolves, and after knowing she could never recover from such a thing, she had been put out of her misery. They were animals created to be eaten, he was positive of that, but that didn't mean they didn't have any fight in them. The pale man could not imagine a world in which the albino was not there, and even if he could, he wouldn't. “You should know that hunting large prey alone is too dangerous, Scarlett,” he started, letting out a low sigh. Figuring out what had possessed her to try something so irresponsible was not hard at all, but the reasoning behind it was not enough for him to agree with her actions.

Kove is not happy. xD He needs to chill.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
THIS IS SO ADORABLE. THEIR FIRST 'FIGHT'

Her blood colored eyes stayed on the deer. She want manic for it. Scarlett needed to have this deer. Her small family needed to eat, and so did she. The female was used to eating last or most of the scraps ever since she was young. But she had been eating well at Duskfire. So that meant now she was a lone wolf that she couldn't stand the hunger as much as before. Her pigment-less coat was almost fully wetted by her dip. Scarlett blinked when something white came into her vision. Her first reaction was to try and look around him. She had to get that deer. Scarlett was hungry. That was when her nose caught his scent. Her eyes focussed and tuned into a non amused look from her boyfriend. Scarlett's ears fell back, at first. "Kove!?"

That is when her stomach made the loudest growl ever. It even hurt, because it felt like a cramp shooting through her body. She whimpered a bit. "Kove. I need to get this Elk. You don't understand. I am caretaker, and gamekeeper I might add," she spoke. "Néa is back. She is injured too, Adlartok is injured and I wanted to care for you. Feed you to to be a good---" To be a good mate. "--Girlfriend," she protested. Her red eyes looked at least a bit guilty. A long sigh left her lips. "And I need to eat too," she spoke, it sounded so small when she said it. The small girl looked at the panting Elk. She could have gotten the doe. Just with some patience. She totally would have.

Scarlett then looked at Kove and battered her eyes at him in a sad way. "I am not useless!!," she returned, determined. "I am going to take down this deer! I am a gamekeeper and... I just can! I have to provide for my family. You included," She spoke. Feeling determined. She knew Kove was just worried, but Scarlett believed in herself. She had to prove it to herself too she could do it. Scarlett was so selfless that she didn't even think what would happen if she would get hurt. How upset Kove would be if something happened to her.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Definitely going to make Ad dislike Kove more xD

Kove watched as the woman tried to look passed him for a bit, before it seemed his scent had registered in her mind. He didn't know what to make of that, except that she was acting irrational. “Scarlett, you need to relax,” he told her, pulling his own ears back when he heard her stomach growl. The last time he'd seen her eat was back when he'd brought something for her. While he was sure she'd eaten at least some food since then, her stomach made it obvious she hadn't been eating nearly enough. The ghost didn't mind her looking after the injured children, but he didn't like that she wasn't taking care of herself as well. “I wouldn't care if you were the world's greatest caretaker of gamekeeper, I still wouldn't allow you to do something so dangerous,” he stated firmly, making it quite clear he wasn't going to just leave and let her carry on down the current path before her. In his mind, it could only lead to an accident of some sort, and he wasn't about to allow that when he knew he could prevent it. “I understand your want to care for the injured, but I don't like that you've neglected yourself in the process. When was the last time you ate, Scarlett? You do know you can't care for anyone if you run yourself to the ground, right?” Kove did his best to keep his voice calm and even, but he couldn't stop himself from slipping up and showing how upset he was with her, and for her.

The pale man pinned his ears back when she spoke again. “I did not say you were useless!” he countered. “And you will not be taking that elk down, not alone, anyways.” Kove narrowed his eyes at her in an attempt to leave no room for an argument. He didn't want to fight with her over this, but would if it was the only way to knock some sense into her. “We will both work to take the elk down, and then you will eat before anyone else does. I won't allow you to take it back to the young ones unless you eat first.” In her current state with an emptied stomach, the Inuit was sure she wouldn't be able to drag the carcass back alone, and he was determined to make her eat.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I think even Ad wouldn't agree with this. xD

The red eyed female let out a soft sigh when she heard Kove's husky voice. She was so focussed on her hunger and the elk that she hadn't really thought about herself. Scarlett never really thought about her first. A soft puff came from her lips. Kove did had a point. If she would be injured that would mean the youngsters would be helpless. Or well, surely they would have Kove but they wouldn't have her. That thought seemed to change Scarlett's mind. Her eyes softened, and her stomach growled once more. "I did eat! Um.. I.. I can't remember but I didn't do it on purpose. I sometimes forget...," he admitted. This problem already occurred with Néa, Malachi noticed too and had disapproved of it. "I guess you are right. But I didn't do it on purpose. I just wanted to prove myself or something..," she muttered.

The red eyed female battered her eyes innocently at Kove. He never said to her she was useless, that was true. Maybe that was a bit mean to say to her boyfriend. A whine came from her throat. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to.. blame you. I am just--" Frustrated? Crazy with hunger? Too ambitious with her trades? Scarlett trotted forward and then placed an apologetic lick on Kove's cheek. "I promise I will eat first," she spoke softly. Scarlett then turned her red eyes to the Elk in the water. Her focus was back and she put one paw into the water. It was too deep for her, but if Kove could chase her out, Scarlett could maybe hide along the bank and jump for her throat. Somehow Scarlett wanted to make the kill. It was her goal. "Could you chase it out of the water? You are bigger. Then I can jump for the throat?"

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove is going to tell on her to Ad. xD
It would seem as if I got a bit carried away with my response. x-x This seems to always happen, omg.

The ghost shook his head slowly, letting loose a sigh as he did so. When he brought his eyes back up to meet her own, he allowed a small smile to grace his features, but it didn't quite reach his optics. His overall appearance still screamed his concern for everyone to hear, and he made no attempt to hide it, either. He was allowed to be concerned for her, after all, and would make sure she knew he was. It seemed as if the albino had started to come to her senses, which the man was glad for. “I believe that you didn't do it on purpose,” he assured her. Kove's understanding and belief did not mean he accepted her lack of attention given to herself, but at least showed he knew she hadn't done it on purpose. The woman had been too caught up in tending to the young to take the time to tend to herself, too, and he blamed himself for that. They were partners, that had been made clear when they'd admitted their love to one another, and partners took care of one another. Clearly, he hadn't been doing a very good job, and would make sure to change that so the current situation would not repeat itself again.

Kove gave her an astonished look, and quickly shook his head. “You do not need to prove yourself,” the man stated. “You have already showed how strong and kind you are to last for several lifetimes. If anyone ever doubts you or makes you feel as if you need to prove yourself to them, just walk in the opposite direction. They are not worthy of your presence.” By now the man had forgotten his previous anger and upset feelings. Instead, he found himself feeling a bit bad for not knowing that the one he loved believed she needed to prove herself to someone, when she so obviously did not. He felt even worse for having raised his voice, and his ears fell back flat against his cranium when he heard her apologize. “You do not need to apologize,” he said, moving closer so he could place his nose gently against her cheek before pulling back and licking her over her muzzle. “I am sorry for making you feel as if you should apologize. It is not your fault, I know that.” Kove gave a short bob of his head when she promised to eat first, too, as he didn't wish to argue with her any further. She was his light, after all, and being the one to dim her seemed like a crime against nature itself.

His head turned so he could look first to the elk, and then to the water. He could tell that the current was a bit stronger than usual, but didn't see a problem with her plan. The Inuit man had long legs that would assist him in cutting through the water, and the lack of silence needed to complete the task would make it that much easier. “Alright,” he said, agreeing to her words. “I'll chase it from the water, and then you can make the kill. I know you will be able to do it.” He wanted to tell her to be careful, to make sure she avoiding the hooves of the creature, but held his tongue. There was no doubt that she knew those things already, and he didn't want to upset her. Kove believed in her ability to hunt, and nothing would change that. Without letting anymore thoughts invade his mind, the pale man made his way into the river. The current tried to fight him a few times, to try and knock him down, but he fought back more and kept himself from slipping. By half-walking and half-swimming, he made his way over towards the prey animal and went around to it's other side, more or less forcing it to head towards the river's bank.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Even I am falling for Kove. Hahaha, yes! "Ad... make sure Scarlett eats."

Scarlett was flattered that Kove was so concerned for her. Of course that was what a boyfriend should do. Maybe even a mate should do. They kinda were mates, although... Kove hadn't asked her to be his mate yet. Scarlett was rather traditional and would love for Kove to ask her. She would feel weird if she had to do it. Even though Kove looked mad in the beginning they quickly resolved their little squabble. Was it really a squabble? Both of the white wolves looked pretty guilty at the moment. Scarlett had no idea that Kove was feeling like he didn't take enough care for his partner. Scarlett would disagreed if voiced. She couldn't have someone better by her side.

The smaller female licked over her maw. "I just want to be a good partner to you," she admitted. She knew Kove wouldn't go stray to another female but she-- She also didn't want to give Kove a reason to leave. She always had this picture in her mind were she would take care of her little ones and her mate. Scarlett saw Kove as her mate so the female had pushed herself to even start providing food, a shelter and love to a grown male. "Even if you would make me feel like that... I would probably stay because I love you too much to ever leave you," Scarlett admitted. Her small body moved forward and licked Kove. When he turned she did too. Luckily Kove agreed on her plan.

Scarlett snuck away to go into hiding, making sure the wind wouldn't alert the elk. Kove knew her location. The gamekeeper got a thrill of excitement, ready to made the kill. Even though Scarlett was a kind and loving wolf it didn't mean that she was afraid to kill. Her stomach cramped up again. She really needed food. It seemed Kove's help was really valuable. His large body steered the deer in her direction. Both being white of fur color the deer wouldn't know the difference. Once the deer stepped next to her, Scarlett's lithe body jumped up. Her jaws opened and locked around the elk's neck. The prey was screaming. Good, Scarlett thought. It would make the deer die quicker. Blood was tasted on her tongue, and the ground was back underneath her paws. Scarlett didn't let go, she only bit down harder to cut off the deer's air supply. It was minute later when the elk breathed out its last breath.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Before he'd entered the water, the man had listened to the last bit of his partner's words. He could understand her want to be a good partner, but to him she was already the best. The best to be around, the kindest wolf he knew, and definitely the only one who held his heart. Whether she knew it or not, he was content with her just coming home to him at the end of each day. He didn't need her to take care of him, but did believe he should be taking care of her. Due to wanting her to eat as quickly as was able, he did not mention these things right away, but there was no way it would all stay in his mind forever. Eventually, he would speak his thoughts to her, and he would tell her just how much she meant to him and so on. That would be the day he asked her to stay by his side 'til the end of time, but that day was not the current one. No, instead, he planned to spend the day caring for her and looking after her as she always does the youngsters. Kove would do his best to never make her feel as if she owed him an apology, too. Even though she stated she would probably stay by him even if he did, that was not the type of man he wanted to be, or the type of lover he wanted to act as towards her. Scarlett was special to him, and she deserved only happiness and love, nothing less.

Once the elk had been herded back to the river's bank, the newly-soaked wolf pulled his own body out of the water and shook himself free of any loose water droplets. He didn't expect it all to come off, of course, as that would take a miracle. The water didn't bother him, and even if it had it wouldn't of been able to hold his attention for long. It was the albino's slender form and clean kill they held tight to his attention, and he let it until the creature had taken it's last breath. The man had not been close enough to see the life drain from the animal's eyes, but when it's body ceased it's previous movements, he knew. Kove approached Scarlett after, bumping his nose to her shoulder gently. “Nice kill,” he complimented, then pulled his head back only to use his snout to motion between the woman and the cervine. “Now, I believe it is time for you to eat. Once your stomach is full, we can drag what remains back to the valley, and then you are taking the rest of the day off, no exceptions. If anyone needs anything, I will see to it for you. It's about time you were given a break.” The way he spoke made it clear he would not argue with her over the matter, and his undertone stated that he would make sure she rested even if he needed to lay across her smaller body to make it happen.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett didn't see that Kove had been watching her hunt but the praise was nice enough for Scarlett. She blushed a bit and then moved closer to Kove. "Thank you. Just one kiss before I eat," she hummed. The female gave him a quick kiss before moving around the deer to its belly. Her teeth ripped open the belly with some ferociousness. She had been starving after all. Scarlett treated herself with the delicious organs. She wanted to offer Kove some pieces but realized he probably wouldn't agree to that. He wanted her to eat. While Scarlett was filling her tummy to the brim, it made her think that she might get grooming session from Kove. She would love that. She was such a sucker for being groomed. She pushed her head deeper into the belly so more blood would stain into her fur. Of course, she did that because she wanted to eat the heart and lungs of the animal, not because she wanted to be groom by Kove.

The female was really listening to Kove and wolfing down all the meat she could carry in his stomach. In the end though Scarlett's belly was so extended that it showed through her thinner summer coat. She fell down on her butt and licked over her red stained maw. The white fur on her head was stained with red too, matching quite prettily with her red eyes. "Kay. I am full," she puffed, and by the way she was sitting she just looked full. She looked down to the belly. "Look, I have a food baby," she chuckled and then eyed fondly at Kove. She chuckled while laying down. Now the tiredness was sinking in her bones. It was the food. She always grew sleepy after food. But that was only a natural instinct against bloat. If she would run now, her stomach could twist and she would be dead within an hour.

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post from me. c:

The man gave her a smile when she gave a kiss, never not enjoying affectionate actions from her. While she started to eat, he sat down and watched her for a bit just to make sure she really was eating. Once sure, his gaze started to wander every so often to scan the surrounding area, and his ears stayed parked up. You never knew how quickly the scent of a fresh kill could be carried away and to hungry bodies, s he felt it best to be prepared at all times. Kove was still her White Knight, after all, and as such he would do anything to protect her and take care of her. When his gaze found it's way to her again, he noticed the crimson liquid spread across her head, and couldn't help but chuckled quietly. From then on, he would do his best to always make sure she had something to eat, even if that something was just an otter or large rodent of sorts. It would be much better than nothing at all, and would hopefully keep her from going a bit crazy with hunger. Though, irrational would be a better way of putting it, and not only because he could never see her as being crazy.

As the albino finished up her meal and pointed out her 'food baby', the Inuit man laughed lightly. It was good seeing her with a full stomach, and he promptly made his way over to her as she laid down. In order to reach her without hurting his neck, he laid down as well and drew his tongue out and over her head, instantly working to clean away as much of the blood as he could. After a few licks, he lowered his head to gently nudge her cheek with his nose, his tail wagging behind him. “If you are ever hungry but don't feel like you have the time to get a meal, please call for me,” he started, his seriousness on the matter showing through his copper optics. “I don't want you to ever have an empty stomach again. I want to care for you as you do everyone else.” Kove assumed the call to rest and relax would already be reaching out to her, so he placed his head atop her own. “Until then, though, rest,” the man said, making it obvious he wasn't about to let her up. “Once the food has settled in your stomach, we can head out. Until then, use this as an opportunity to catch a well deserved break.” A smile spread across his maw with his words, but aside from his tail wagging, no other part of him moved. He kept still, almost as if he planned to rest himself, but in truth he would stay as a watchful eye over Scarlett while her meal worked it's way through her. Above all else, he lived to protect the one he loved.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Adorbs. I will archive <3

Scarlett hummed happily as she couldn't move with the amount of food she ate. To make matters perfect, and which realized her dreams, was that Kove was cleaning her fur. If Scarlett wasn't fully relaxed before she was now. Her eyes closed and she happily let Kove's tongue move over her fur. That was the best thing of having a boyfriend or someone who likes you. Scarlett felt so loved in this moment. She kept her eyes closed too, because she knew her white knight was watching over her. Kove had saved her so many times, and today was not an exception. The male seemed to have a build in alarm. 

The female nodded a bit, which was difficult with Kove's head resting on hers. "I will. I'm sorry once again," she hummed. She might sounded a bit sleepy but Scarlett did mean it. "I know, but.. you know. Before I got here I never mattered and I sometimes forget that you would love to take care of me," Scarlett returned. It was true. In the pack she was born they always made her eat last, which was so little she would have to hunt on her own to get something to fill her tummy. The female licked over her maw and then dozed off, half hearing what Kove was saying. She knew what he wanted and once she would wake up, she would help him drag the carcass back.