Bearclaw Valley I'm exactly what you think I am
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
@Scarlett

Ad woke from another nap, and strode from his resting spot. His peace had been unbroken this time. His mismatched coat of magistry, was slowly losing it's winter down. Tufts of his hair were falling out, when he had a chance he'd pull some. The only problem, he couldn't turn his head, or his leg to the right. He would need someone to get that for him, but he was loathe to ask.

He was determined to be as self sufficient as possible, he didn't want the world to know what or who he was. He didn't want anyone to know anything about him. Except, that stuff that was to important to ignore. His name for one thing.

He continued striding, a heavy limp as he walked more. He growled a little to himself and plopped down in the center of the territory. He fought to pull more of his winter coat, out.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett had been napping in the den, in her and Kove's bedroom. She looked up from the light footsteps. By now she could hear that it was Adlartok moving. He had a very specific way of walking after all. Scarlett moved to the big main room that connected the three bedrooms. To then peek her head out of the den, between the roots of the big oak. She watched Adlartok and strolled after him. Once she saw him struggle the light female trotted towards him. He obviously needed help. Her little warrior. She instantly approached him not even bothered to greet him. They lived together for a month in a den in Emberwood. They were past that formal greetings

She did lick his cheek before starting to nip his fur in the places he couldn't reach. With all the love in the world, of course. She was his caretaker after all, and maybe even his mother. She did saw him as her little warrior, her little one. She had been taking care of Ad for about 2 months now. She always had him on her mind. He also helped her when Néa was gone, when Scarlett thought Néa was dead. She spit out some of his fur and worked dutifully on his fur. Scarlett had been fully preened by Owl Keyx and was dashing in her summer coat. It was great. Maybe she should howl for Keyx. Otherwise Scarlett would be heavily shedding now too. "You could have asked for my help, you know that," she pointed out. "There is no shame in it. Are you liking this new place?"

306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok knew he was extremely hard to miss now, with his mixmatched steps. He hated that about himself, and it was on thing he had a hard time accepting. The only wolf, able to come near him, without him turning to them with a snarl was Scarlett. If another dared, without letting him know he was there. He turned golden eyes to her form.

he sighed softly in contentment. The itchy fur falling out, and leaving cool air in its place. He hated, the itchy uncomfortable feeling. Part of the reason he hated his wound, that was how it felt all the time on the inside. Itchy and tight and uncomfortable. I know, but I wanted to do it myself. He tilted ears backwards and then nodded. So far.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

Scarlett had to chuckle at Adlartok's stubbornness. The young grey would know Scarlett meant that in a fond way, not in a mocking kind of way. She moved further to the difficult to reach places even when a wolf wasn't injured. Scarlett usually rubbed herself against a tree, especially her sides, it was quick and easy. This year was an exception to that. "Well you did a very good job so far," she complimented with her warm motherly voice. She continued to work on the spots, spitting out plucks of fur. Once pluck was still kind of stuck so when she tugged to and it didn't let go Scarlett quickly released it. "Oh did I hurt you?"

The red eyed female was pleased to hear that the male was at least liking the place, so far. Maybe it would be better if she would have someone introduce him or someone he trusted too. Kove was out the window, but maybe Néa could help her. "Do you also like the den I dug? I really like it. You should meet Néa. She is very sweet, you can trust her. She got attacked by a cannibalistic pack when she was out on her own looking for her family. Do you think Tuwawi would have attacked her too if Néa wouldn't have left?"

306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok gave her a swift smile, he was stubborn he knew that. It was pleasant, that Scarlett didn't find him obstinate about it. Adlartok would have rubbed his side on a tree, except that it would have ripped apart the scab that was still there. Not to mention, there was a numb spot there. A spot that he couldn't feel, and he feared he'd rip it open. Artok shook his head, No i'm good.

Artok laid one ear forward and one back, as he listened to her quiet timbre. yes it's a nice den. He didn't know what else to say. He could do without Kove, but well that wasn't his choice. So he'd bear it. Is she near my age or older? He growled softly at her next question. Not at her, but just the mention of Tuwawi. No she would have killed her. She was going to kill me, I just managed to get away Miss. Scarlett.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar

The red eyed female was relieved that she didn't hurt her little warrior. Frankly, Scarlett was so much more at ease now they had their own lands. She continued to pluck Adlartok from his fur, making sure that no lose hair would survive her plucking. On the less sensitive parts she even tried to use her paws to stroke the hairs off. Keyx would be so convenient right now but Scarlett knew that the howl would have more than enough fur. He probably didn't even have enough nests to spread it over.

"I'm glad you like it and Néa is a few months older I believe. She is almost one," Scarlett spoke in reply. She would like to see the two teenagers get along since Kove and Adlartok wasn't a success. It was probably her little warrior that was being difficult. She still loved Adlartok anyways. "You are probably right. One day, Ad. It is a miracle you did got away, you really have some angel protecting you. Maybe it was also good that Néa left. I wouldn't want her dead. I'm also glad you aren't dead, Ad. I know recovering is hard, but we will get there. Soon you will be able to hunt again and have fun."

306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Honestly, not much hurt Adlartok anymore. Sure he felt pain, but he was becoming adept at ignoring it. It was just easier that way, emotionally, physically, mentally just shut it off. If someone had seen them, they probably would have thought it comical. The way his foster mother, would pluck and pull at his fur with both paws and teeth. It felt wonderful though, as his heavy fur, made way for lighter more air freeing fur. He sighed contently.

He dipped his muzzle, she's probably annoying. Aren't most girls annoying?" He wasn't counting Scarlett in that number. After all, she wasn't exactly a girl either, but a woman and a mother. So she just didn't count. Ad moved and looked away, I'm never going to walk right again Miss. Scarlett. Maybe I would have been better off dead, than half a wolf.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett completely stripped Ad, making sure no thickness of fur was left behind. She licked over his cheek once she was done and then sat down in front of him. He had grown so big in the last few months, really a teenager that got his grow spurt. He was bigger than her, which wasn't saying much since she was rather small in size. It was almost she who could snuggle against Adlartok at night. And she probably would have done that if she hadn't have Kove to snuggle against. "Hey! I am a girl," Scarlett returned playfully. "I mean some girls are but not all. I think you like Néa. Plus she sleeps in the same den as you, so you better be social against her. She had a rough time. She needs someone super strong to be with her."

Scarlett smiled at that, she was thinking how super cute Néa and Ad would look if they were snuggled up together. Scarlett saw them as her children and if they could grow happy from each other, in a non incest way, she would be glad about that. Not that they saw each other as a brother and sister, probably. Scarlett wasn't even sure if Ad saw her as his mom. "Shut it," she snapped firmly. "I don't allow that type of talk. I would be grieving if you would be gone. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You are great of mind, and good of heart. Don't let a limp stop you. Don't loose courage now you are so close to being... better."
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok, shook his shoulders, getting the last of the bit of fluff that clung to him. The white on his fur, showed up sharply against the darker silver. And his eyes were a starkly bright contrast to the otherwise pale fur. He was a handsome wolf, there was no doubt about it. And he would use that as he aged, perhaps. Artok shifted, he towered above his foster mother now, towered above her, and he was fairly certain he towered above Nea. He was also beginning to fill out, streamlined muscle mass was growing, where there used to be over grown limbs and gangly proportions.

Artok looked at Scarlett, and he snorted under his breath. You're not a girl. You're, you're just a mom okay. The closest he would probably ever come, to calling her mom. I'll protect her, for you okay. But just for you.

ARtok sighed and looked down at his leg. I feel pretty useless, Miss Scarlett. And others judge me, when they see me limp. I'm as strong as any of them, but all they see is a boy with a limp.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett looked at Adlartok and watched his fur move down to the ground. Her red eyes looked at him fondly and it made her quirk up her lips. Scarlett felt herself fill with a warm glow when the boy said that she wasn't a girl but a mom. It was almost like he was saying that she was his mom. Scarlett leaned forward and licked over her cheek. How handsome Adlartok was now. She was really adjusting to his size, he wasn't so small anymore. It made her sigh, how kids grew so fast, it was unfair. "Thank you, Ad. You are the best," she returned. She wanted to add 'son' but she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. She was pleased she had an extra pair of eyes waiting Néa. He didn't want to escape her again. 

Scarlett blinked and then shook her head. "You shouldn't feel like that," Scarlett returned. "Just make them think you are weak and then BAM! You just grab them and show them how strong you are and defeat them!" Scarlett was slowly getting over the fact; 'oh no violence, no.' She didn't know why but being an alpha gave another perspective. Scarlett felt different and she probably looked different too. She was starting to behave like an alpha. "Don't let others drag you down, if they do, I allow you to bite them in the butt."
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok was calling her his mom, in his own way. He would never call her mom, he didn't think. Though he was constantly surprising himself. For now though, he was content with how he spoke and what he said. He tilted his head as she licked his muzzle, making a soft sound in his throat of contentment.

Artok chuckled, and dipped his muzzle. Thank you Miss. Scarlett. I'll remember that. Does that include other's I just don't like? He jested, he knew she would say no. Though he wouldn't mind taking a bite out of Kove's hide, or even Tuwawi's and that Tyrr. Yes he could handle taking some of their fur, and wearing it around.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett had to smile at that because she was certain there were a lot of wolves that Adlartok would have to bite. "That is a lot of butt biting, mister," Scarlett teased playfully and wagged her tail a bit. She wondered if Adlartok would be interested in female butts or males. Who knows, right? "I should say, only when they really offended or hurt you," Scarlett reasoned. She didn't want any other wolf to think less of her little warrior. 

Scarlett stifled a yawn, she had still a lot to do! There was no napping times for an alpha. Luckily Scarlett had been a busy woman before she became an alpha. She was used tot he workload. She didn't mind it that much. "If I helped you out with your fur then I am afraid I have to continue with my duties." No time for chit chat.