Blackfeather Woods Battle Scars
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
 @Damien @Damien TAG WORK! 

Burke laid down on one of the bigger boulders on the edge of a clearing between the dark trees of the forest.  He was waiting on his student Damien. He would have his fighting lessons at this hour. Burke had to admit that he had been here early. A teacher was never late. He wondered if Damien would be on time this time. Burke's pale eyes were glazed since he was sunken in thought. There wasn't much what he could do, anyhow. And his thoughts went to Bullet. He couldn't help but think of the grey lady that interested him so. He was certain he was not in love. He didn't feel love. She was just more interesting than another female.

The charcoal tank let out a soft sigh and licked his maw. It was probably she kept that made him interested. That was the only logical reason. Burke was certain. He never even got her real name. Oh well, he would find out. Some how. 
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
C'mon. In time? That didn't sound like something Damien Mehrunes would do... He was late. Like a bitch. And he was clueless about it. He got there with a smile from ear to ear and a happily wagging tail behind him. "Burke!" he greeted from afar the exact moment he came to view. He didn't care if he was late to his lessons, he was the son of the Alpha, a concept he'd learnt recently, and he could do as he pleased. He was a prince. And soon he would be an assassin

"We goin'a fight today?" he asked excitedly as he came closer in a hurried gallop.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Oh no he is gonna get arrogant. Lol. Light PP, let me know if you want me to change it! 

As expected Burke didn't need to be in time since the dark prince wasn't either. A soft sigh came from the large wolf when Damien was late. Burke jumped off the rock when the youngster came running towards him. He instantly grabbed the younger wolf and nudged him over with his head. "Yes. Get in position,"he spoke without a greeting. "You are late."

The tank of a male would practice Damien's dodging technique. It was of vital importance that the youngster knew how to avoid taking a hit and then have the room to put more force behind his next attack. "Today we will learn about dodging. Do you know what that is? It is basically avoiding an attack, create room to give more power for your next attack without getting between the fangs of the one you are fighting."
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
· @Burke Do you have time to spree now? I need to keep my mind off things for a while...

indentDamien jumped back when the grey tank jumped from his pedestal (He was one magestic motherf*ker). The pup didn't care about being late, it didn't keep him awake at night, but it seemed to be a big deal to his mentor. The pup's ears fell back in submission, Burke was pretty scary when he got mad. Instructions were the first thing Damien heard, not even a greeting before the lesson. Take a chill pill dude!

indent"Sorry..." the pup said defiantly, not looking for another scold but not being respectful at all either. "Dojing." he repeated now focused on the lesson, he wasn't just rude, he did care about the training and he didn't have anything against Burke. He took his fighting position, with his butt slightly too high, something Burke would probably notice. He was taking in the information, but it was coming so fast that he got lost for a second. "Void attack n' fang fightin'. okie." he was trying to make sure all of it stayed inside.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Yes, I can! <3 Although it is late

Burke looked at the young student. "Don't say sorry when you don't mean it. Always be true," Burke responded swiftly and flattened his ears a bit to show the pups he disliked that. He would make the pup learn. Next time he would go straight into sparring he didn't care if Damien wasn't prepared. "You are too low to the ground. Make yourself big. You are standing there. This is your spot. Claim it. Your spot," Burke spoke and made himself bigger by pulling up his shoulders, widening his footing a bit and baring his teeth, docked tail rising. "MY spot," he growled, which was close to making the ground tremble, to show Damien how to be intimidating in a fight.

Burke watched Damien. "Alright, that is what mindset you need to fight. Yes, it is your spot so defend it." Burke then stood in front of him. "We are going to practice first. Do as I say. When I say Duck...." Burke bended through his front paws and ducked his head for a second before taking position again. ".. you duck and take your claiming position again. When I say left or right you jump to that side as fast as you can. Yes?" The teacher was going to give the pup a killer stamina and some fighting techniques. "Okay. Ready. Set. Go. Duck. Left. Duck. Right. Left. Right. Duck. Right. Duck. Duck. Duck. Left. Right. Left. Left. Duck. Right," Burke started to drill Damien.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
omg I keep forgetting that you live in europe! Just leave me whenever you want, it's totally fine, really!

indentDamien rolled his eyes with the further Burke-scold. He hated it, and even though he would probably make sure he'd follow his instructions he was a bit pissed off at the moment. And then, between the instructions and the demonstrations, a rumbling growl made the pup feel so intimidated that he curled his tail between his legs and stuck his head between his shoulders. He knew it was a demonstration, but having just gotten a warning from the grey beast Damien was afraid for a moment that Burke would give him a good spanking session.

indent"MY spot" the pup repeated timidly broadening his shoulders a bit and trying to mimic the growl, getting only a snarly gag and a cute frown. He followed after Burke when he showed him how to duck. He flattened his belly to the floor and his ears flattened on his head, and when he told him when to jump, the pup tried it, to his left and right with awkward leaps. "Ready." he said, claiming his spot once again, and when Burke started the countdown, his face grew more intimidating. "Duck. Left. Duck." those were easy and Damien rocked for a second but - "Right. Left. Right. Duck. Right." - he almost got him and a gasp escaped Damien's mouth. "Duck. Duck. Duck." it was getting faster and the pup was exhausted, he felt a claw scratch his back and he got scared for a second. "Left. Right. Left. Left. Duck..." it was too much, Damien couldn't hold on for too long and then a gigantic grey paw pushed him, making him lose his equilibrium, he had been caught. He looked up with big eyes, panting. He had failed.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Yes I will! But this thread. Omg Poor Damien <3 I actually didn't let Burke swipe his paws yet, but i didn't state that clearly. He wanted to have a dry run first. but all good. :D Burke can do that too.

The large grey noticed how timid Damien looked. He would need him to learn that he would never severely injure Damien during his lessons. They were here to learn. Burke started to move his paws to try and unbalance the pup. Eventually the pup started to tire and Sebastian start catch his fur. Eventually his grey paw just knocked the pup out. He looked so disgruntled in that moment. Sebastian nodded courtly to tell Damien it was over. "Very good for the first time," he praised, feeling that Damien needed it. Burke wanted a good mentor not a mean one. He then laid down in front of the pup, his muzzle placed against the ground. "Hey Damien," he spoke calmly, and softly. "Don't be scared of me during training okay? I am here to make you learn and to give you an example. Try to give that fear you felt to others!," he advised.

Burke kept his position and then quirked up his lips into a somewhat smile. "You are here to make many mistakes, and do it wrong a lot of times so you don't have to make that mistake in battle!,"he tried to enthuse the youngster. Damien was still young after all, if that trust was build now then they could accomplish much in the future.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
omg I just assumed he was pawing at him! So sorry D:

indentThe pup looked up at his mentor, tired and frustrated. He wanted to get things right and so far it had been really difficult, he couldn't help but feel to have fallen behind. He accommodated himself in front of Burke just as he did, laying his muzzle on the floor so that their noses almost touched. "Okie." he said with flat ears. He would take his advise, he knew Burke would never hurt him, he trusted the guy.

"I don't wanna make mistakes. I wanna be a warrior. Warriors don't make mistakes." he said with a grim expression. It really felt bad to have been so slow, he felt he could do better and still, even though he tried hard not to, he had fallen. It was frustrating.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Don't sweat it! <3

Burke struck his tongue out playfully so it touched Damien's nose. Then he cracked into more of a smile before lifting his head. "Nope. Warriors lose a lot of fights so they learn form their opponents. The more you spar the more you learn from the other. Always watch how they move and try to use their technique," Burke explained more kindly. "You should know I've lost many times, which I got all these little scars. Many times. But.. let me tell you a wise saying. What does kill you, makes you stronger," Burke spoke. 

Burke then cleared his throat. "The more you train these steps the faster you will get at them. We are going to add to more. Jump forward and jump back. Why don't we try it together?" Burke stood on his fours next to Damien. He would do the same exercise next to Damien. 
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

indentDamien's ears pricked up with Burke's new advise. It didn't seem logical for a warrior to lose a fight, but then the pup thought, the one who loses is a warrior too, isn't it? It was clear now, you're either a winner-warrior or you're a loser-warrior. And then you would have to lose to be better because then you would win. That's how you get scars. Don't die, get stronger. Complicated, I know, but that's how it was on Damien's mind and it worked. Let it be. "Nobody is gonna kill me."

indentThe pup jumped to his paws when Burke said the lesson would continue. "lets Jump." he said, and looking up at the grey tank beside him he followed it's every move. He was determined to do it right this time, he wouldn't fall behind like his last attempt.

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
If Burke would have been able to see or hear the thought process that Damien went through he was praise him for it. Alas, Burke wasn't a mind reader and her just got in position next to Damien. "That is the spirit," Burke returned. Once the pup signaled to be ready Burke started again. But this time not at a quick pace as before he would build up to it. "Back." Burke jumped back and then back onto his spot. "Right. Left. Duck. Forward." It must have looked rather silly to see the two wolves do this but it was of vital importance. 

The large male started to pant a bit too and eventually called for another break. Damien seemed eager to be a warrior, maybe next time they could have a bit of a spar. A playful one. He really needed to wait until Damien got more into his teenager body if he wanted to do some actual sparring.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
indentAs Burke did, Damien started moving with the grey tank's commands. These were the exercises he expected to make him a fierce warrior, he would be fast, strong, and one day he would be as good as his mentor. That was the dream. Burke had become one of Damien's biggest heroic figures (after Sithis, of course) and he looked up to him like a paternal figure. That was all he could ask for since his Blood father had disappeared from the forest without previous notice. It had marked the pup, Bane's dissapearance, and that mark wouldn't fade away easily, specially after having bonded with him such a strong connection.

indentDamien followed instructions and kicked ass for a while, until Burke eventually called for another recess. He was getting better, slowly, and Burke would have noticed his concentration as he followed the exercises. He was determined to be like that guy desopite of his natural insubordinance.

Seemed like a good place to end this.. You can make one last post and archive if you want :)
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Definitely <3

Burke noticed how much Damien grew from his advise and teaching only with this lesson. The emptor was more than pleased that this youngster was working so hard. It seemed that after you got Damien motivated in the right way he would give 200% during training. Working together also proved that it was more fun for the youngster. Burke didn't mind since he could use the training just as much as Damien did. After the recess he decided it was better to quit all together. He should not overwork Damien and his small body. 

Burke made sure to walk the pup back home to Meldresi's den and tell him to rest for the rest of the day. That couldn't be difficult for the black pup, Burke decided.