Blackfeather Woods Switch the light off, welcome to the night
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
For @Damien :D I'm not sure if it would make sense for him to be near the borders alone or not, so anyone who would be allowed to watch over him is welcomed (plus family, if you want). Also, no need to rush out a reply right away. I just wanted to get the posted so I didn't forget. c: I actually typed this up a day or so ago and forgot to post it, omfg.

The Inuit's confrontation with Burke may have been a bit uncalled for, as he hadn't known the full story before rushing in. He hadn't even heard the tank's side, he'd simply taken the word of the man's son without question. He'd realized it'd been a mistake doing that, and had apologized for doing such, but knew such a thing would not be forgiven so easily. No matter, he would give the older wolf space if needed, and then tackle the problem at a later time. For now, however, he had something else to attend to. The real reason he'd left the valley to visit the woods had been to inform the little shadow of where he'd gone, just as he once said he would. The thing with Burke had just been a last, spur-of-the-moment deal, but since that was done and over with he'd set himself back on the path he'd originally planned to take.

Kove's legs carried him towards Blackfeather, a trail that was still so very familiar to him, and he didn't slow until he'd crossed into the buffer zone. His run became a trot, and then he fell into a quick walk as the distance between him and the heart shrunk. He didn't expect to find the boy just wandering along the borders, but he wasn't quite sure if he would respond to his call if he sent one. There was a thought as to whether the boy would be upset with him, as well as if he'd simply been forgotten after leaving. The pallid lupine hoped for neither to be true, but didn't put too much faith in it. He wouldn't be able to blame the kid if he was upset with him, nor could he if he'd already been pushed from his mind. As he came to a stop, he gave a short shake of his head, then peered into the heart of the pack he was once apart of. It had been said that he was welcomed there still, but whether that meant he was permitted to enter the pack's base or not was unknown, so he stayed outside of it. With a tilt of his cranium, he pointed his snout towards the sky and let out a howl for the miniature shadow, then sat himself down and waited. Kove didn't know how far away the boy was, or if he would even answer his call, so he made himself comfortable as he waited.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
omfg this is going to be so cute! :'D If you have time to spree now I'm totally FREE!! :D

indentTo be honest, Damien had left behind the fact that Kove was now away from the pack. Not because he didn't care, Kove had been an emotional pillar for the pup once, it was because he had made a promise, one that Damien was faithful he'd keep. And he did. A howl echoed in the air, a voice Damien would recognize whenever, wherever. It was Kove, he was back and he had come only for him.

indent"KOVE!" the pup shouted as soon as he heard his voice coming from the heart of the territory. He left aside everything he'd been busy with, and with a hurried rush the pup went directly to his friend. The sight of him was even more exciting, he came, all laughter and happiness and jumped on top of the laying wolf. "KOVE IS HERE!" he shouted as he landed on the male's shoulders from behind.

[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Ahhhh, I love cute threads! :D I will try to spree. c:

He hadn't known how long he would need to wait, or how well the pup would react, but both unknown thoughts were soon answered. It hadn't been long before the sound of small paws hitting the ground reached his ears, followed by the sound of the boy's voice. He hadn't expected him to jump on him, but laughed when he felt the extra weight on his shoulders. A smile spread across his face instantly and his tail swayed in greeting before he turned his head to look at the little shadow. Damien had definitely gotten bigger since the last time he'd seen him, and Kove wondered how he'd been. Even before the pale wolf had left, he hadn't seen the boy around too much, which he regretted. “Hey there, little one,” he greeted, before shaking his head slightly and grinning. “Might not be able to call you that much longer. You've gotten pretty big, bud.” The Inuit assumed it wouldn't be long before he was able to go on his first hunt, if he hadn't already.

Hope I'm not too late to coming back,” Kove said. He'd been away longer than he'd wished before telling the boy where he'd gone, and for that he was apologetic. Luckily, it seemed as is the little wolf wasn't upset with him. “How have you been? Do anything interesting while I was away?”
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Yay! so excited omg! :D

indentThe pup couldn't help feeling intrigued by Kove's funny scent. It was so different than what it was before leaving, and he seemed to have been around a lot of wolves recently. It was an exciting idea to the pup so he sniffed the hell out of Kove until he shook his head in a greeting. "Hi Kove!" he returned, giggling in joy. His friend was back.

indent"I miss you Kove." he said as he nudged the man's chest with his face in a hug-like manner. He had truly missed his friend, maybe not mourned his departure, but his absence hadn't been ignored. "Burke is teachin' me how to fight and I am training a every day! He sais I will be a warrior and intimidating!" he said airily and with a wagging tail, the Burke-lessons were really cool, and he couldn't wait for the next one every time he finished a session. "Where did you go Kove?"

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove hadn't took the fact that his coat would smell different into consideration, and was a bit confused by the boy's sniffing until he realized it. He let him go, figuring the little shadow would want to try and figure out the difference in his coat. He kept himself silent until the sniff-fest was finished, then nudged him gently with his nose. The fact that the boy had missed him made him feel a bit guilty, but he hoped that would change. Perhaps they cold hang out more once he was able to travel alone. The pallid wolf could even introduce him to the bear that lived within the valley, if he ever wanted to meet him. “I miss you too, little guy,” he returned. “Feels like forever since I've seen you.” Another thing he wasn't too happy about, but hoped he could change it.

Teaching you to fight, huh? You any good?” Kove grinned as he asked, though he really was curious. “You'll be the best warrior around, I'm sure of it.” He hoped Burke was doing a good job and wasn't being too hard on the boy. Then the question came, reminding him entirely of why he'd come back to the woods in the first place. He considered starting from the way beginning, but after deciding all that would probably bore the boy, he jumped right to the point. “I moved away. I live a bit up North now, and I'm leading a pack of my own with the woman I love.” The man smiled, half to himself and half to the kid. “You're welcome up there anytime you want, as long as your mom is fine with it. Could even meet a bear, if you want.”
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian

indent"I'm good!" he said with conviction before giggling, "I am gonna fight better than you!" he stated and giggled some more. He then laid down so that he was close to Kove and looking at his face. The male had been one of the few he'd met from the pack besides from Burke and the ones that attended the story night which hadn't been remotely personal. He considered Kove his friend, and he was curious about where he'd been all this time. Which got him an idea. "Show me your new home, Kove!" he suggested jumping to his feet joyfully. The bear part sounded so cool that he couldn't help feel excited already.

indent"I can meet your girlfriend and your pack and your friends and your bear and it is a mission!" he said until he ran out of air. Cicero had gone to the ountains with Burke and Potema had escaped for a day to go to the lake, so why couldn't Damien go to Kove's new home? It sounded less dangerous than Potema's precipitated excursion...

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Oh really?” Kove questioned jokingly. “We'll just have to test that out when you're a bit older, then.” It would be outrageously unfair if he tried to play fight with him now, though the man would probably let him win. It'd be a great confidence boost, even though the by seemed to have enough credence in himself to last a lifetime—and then some. He was slightly surprised by the boy's question, but knew he should have seen it coming. There was nothing wrong with taking him to the valley as far as the ghost was concerned, but he was pretty sure he couldn't just take the boy and leave. That could probably cause a panic, and he didn't want to be seen as a kidnapper. “As long as Meldresi is alright with it, I'll show you my new home at any time you want.” He could even show him the tunnel behind the waterfall, even though he had no idea where it lead to. It'd be an adventure for the both of them.

Kove chuckled as he rambled on. “Take a breather, Damien,” he told him, finding it rather humorous. “I'll introduce you to anyone you want to meet. We could even try to find a shortcut to make it easier if you ever want to visit on your own.” Going to the valley with the paler being was probably a lot safer than any of the kids going off on their own. If he'd ever hear about Potema's adventure, however, it probably wouldn't come as too much of a shock. The girl had come off as a wanderer when he'd met her, after all. He might even praise her for going on an adventure, after getting passed the fact that it was a very dangerous thing.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
indent
"Yeah!" the dark pup shouted when Kove agreed to take Damien to his new home. For some reason Damien wasn't sad about Kove living somewhere else. Meldresi had explained what he was doing and she had told him that Kove would never stop being a Dark Brother, so becoming one himself had become his biggest desire, that way he would be forever bonded to him and to Burke and to Mommy. It was exciting in every way.

indent"I can ask mommy to go!" Damien suggested, they both knew Meldresi would have the last word in this agreement, and to be honest, Damien wouldn't even imagine disobeying her. Not a good idea. "If you take me with you I can live with you for.. Uhmm.. Four days and we can have spars! :D" yes, he added the smiley at the end. He was too excited about this journey and he hoped mommy would say yes.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the day came that Damien was made an official member of the Brotherhood, Kove hoped to be there to congratulate him. By then, though, who knows if the Inuit would even been allowed to leave the valley. There was no way to tell what would happen, but he still wished to be their when the boy earned his mark either way. Even if he needed to sneak away to do so, he would figure something out. After all, the young wolf deserved that much.

That would be good,” he commented, already looking forward to the day the miniature shadow visited the valley. Kove thought it might be best to speak with Scarlett ahead of time, just so she knows he'll be there, but would save that for later. He didn't want her stealing his buddy away the second he entered the territory. He wouldn't let Damien be sucked into the albino's puppy-hoard, or so his mind told him. There was no doubt he would cave if she asked to tag along when the whelp was given the full tour and introduced to everyone (especially Arthur). “Sounds like the perfect plan,” the man stated, sporting a joyous grin of his own. “We can do all sorts of other things, too. Anything you'd like, really. If you see a white wolf with red eyes, though, I would recommend hiding unless you want coddled.” It was a joke, of course, but a whisper of a warning still lingering within it. He loved Scarlett to bits, but wasn't entirely sure how the boy would react to practically being cosseted by a woman he would have only just met.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
@Kove , I need to apologise for the wait, I really needed some time off to get my muse flowing again :s

indentHaving an old friend back, even if only for a brief moment, was exciting for the young night child. Kove was a funny guy, and he had missed him a lot, and the prospect of coming to see his new home had been an exciting thing to put out there.

indent"Damien don't like cuddles." the night child stated, half joking. He did like cuddles, but only when they came from mommy. No one else had managed to make him feel comfortable by cuddling except for Bane, who had disappeared too long ago for Damien to miss him that much. He had good thing there and then. "Is the white wolf with red eyes your girlfriend, Kove?" the pup asked then, curious about this new character in his friend's life. I must admit that he felt a bit jealous, but don't tell Damien or he'll eat my face :P

Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Now it's my turn to apologize. x-x” I've been having a serious muse issue when it comes to Kove lately.

Kove couldn't help but chuckle at the boy's response. “Not at all?” he inquired in a slightly joking manner. It would certainly fit what many of the Blackfeather wolves act like on the outside, but the boy was still, well, a boy. It seemed odd he wouldn't like them at all, but then again, some liked being given their personal space sooner than others. “You'll have to be sure to avoid the white wolf, then.” Still, he joked. Even if Scarlett did know about his presence whenever he came to visit, there would most likely be nothing either of the males could do to evade her. He knew she meant well, and hoped Damien could play along for a bit if it ever came down to that, but he would also try to save the young wolf if necessary.

The Inuit man had not been expecting such a question from the boy. He hadn't known the pup yet knew of the relationships that could exist between two wolves, aside from parent and child. It made him realize just how much could change in such a short amount of time away, and also made him look forward to his eventual visit even more. “She was, but now she is my mate, my wife,” he informed him, smiling through his words. The man could still recall when he'd asked her, and the way her voice had sounded when she'd accepted. It was a truly memorable moment for him, one he hoped the little shadow would someday get to experience with whoever he fancies in the future.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Why don't we wrap this thread up? :D

Damien knew the reason why Kove had left Blackfeather Woods behind. Mother had told him that he had found someone who stole his heart and that now he would go away to follow her. He was an Alpha now. A boss. And although Damine was a little sad that his friend was no longer living with them, he knew that he was still a dark brother. The red paw of the order was still in his shoulder, and he wore it proudly like any other brother would. Damien would wear the same mark one day.

"What is her name?" the night child asked, having seen something sparkle in the male's eyes, and awaited for his response. He didn't understand love in that way. He loved his mother and he loved his siblings, but he had never seen love being shown to another, non-blood-related wolf. It was weird to think about that.

And then, in a sudden mood swing, the night child remembered what they were talking about. He really wanted to follow his friend back to Bearclaw Valley when he returned, but he knew he needed his mother's permission to do so. "Let's go ask mommy if I can come back to your home with you, Kove! I want to go!" he screamed jumping back and swinging his tail in excitement. He turned around to run for mommy and hoped Kove was behind him, he was a fast kid!
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alrighty. Last post from me. Guessing we can assume they met with Mel, and she brought up the distance and how waiting for the trip would be better. c:

The man was glad to have been asked of the woman's name. It was odd speaking of her without addressing who she was directly, but for some reason he'd found himself continuing on that way—up until he was asked for her name, of course. He would not ignore the boy's request to know. “Her name is Scarlett,” he told the little shadow, a lightness to his voice as it formed the name. It was nearly impossible to keep such a tone from arising when he spoke of her, as she had become something similar to a light for him. Actually, perhaps it would be better to refer to her as his sun, for she'd unknowingly made herself the center of his universe without even trying. It was almost laughable how things worked like that, and had it not happened to him, perhaps he would have actually laughed at the thought of it.

Kove was soon reminded of their previous conversation, as if he would ever be allowed to forget it, and rose up to his paws. He chuckled at the younger wolf, his eagerness contagious. “Alright, let's go,” he voiced, though by the time the words had left his mouth, the boy had already taken off. Not needing to be told twice, he quickly followed after him, looking forward to hearing the Queen's thoughts on her son going on a little trip. He never considered that fact that the journey might be too far for Damien at the moment, though he would most likely be reminded of that within the moments to come.