Horizon Ridge all men must die someday
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle frowned, her husband had been gone for far too long. Far too long, for just a simple jaunt, she had known it would be a few days. She was nervous, as she departed her lands, and a little wary. She would only go down the coast a way, because she hated being so far away from the little ones. As she walked she thought of her husband and the things that he had done for her, his murmurings of I love you before he left. She missed him and she was anxious to see him again.

She continued on, then she smelled blood and brine and she increased her speed. Her middle was still rounded from children, and she was short of breath. As she continued on and the white fur caught her eye, her heart leaped to her throat. She froze as she saw his form now, broken and bloodied and all alone. 

Sobs began and she ran the rest of the way. Sniffing at him, murmuring over and over again, no no no, this was not supposed to happen, no no no. We had years Ragnar! She whimpered and throwing herself across his side, she cried for all she was worth. She couldn't even gather the strength to throw her head back and howl. Ragnar, oh dearheart.  

Finally, she closed her eyes and steeled her spine. Forcing, herself to her paws, she stood looking over him. Tears streaming down her face. She took a deep breath, and brushed her muzzle along his side. May you feast in the hall of Valhalla, and you watch for me. I'll be there in time. SHe lifted her voice to the sky now, crying out in grief and pain, but also joy that she had him for a little while. THen she turned and walked back towards the bay. SHe would send Gunnar, Atreyu and  Aesop to bury him. And then in seven days, they would feast, and they would celebrate her king, her dearheart, her life and they would revel.
Messages In This Thread
all men must die someday - by Ragnar - April 18, 2015, 05:19 AM
RE: all men must die someday - by Thistle Cloud - April 18, 2015, 05:38 PM