Blacktail Deer Plateau Red medicine
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine kept a close eye on Wildfire in the days following the scene at the caldera's borders. After everyone had calmed down, he had asked her to do her best to explain what had happened. As much as he hated for that ugly mother fucker to be proven correct, it did sound a lot like an allergic reaction. So now he was left to wonder what had caused it. He couldn't watch her forever, nor could her mother. Until they figured out what caused the reaction in order to avoid it, Peregrine thought the next best thing was to talk to a medical professional about ways of dealing with allergies.

He wished there was a Healer at the caldera, yet no one had ever stepped up to fill in Ashton's shoes. It left him with no choice but to leave the caldera to seek out the Healer he trusted most: Blue Willow. He almost considered taking Wildfire with him, yet decided against it at the last minute. He left the pups with Fox and her sisters, then set out toward the plateau. At least he would be a welcome guest now, he mused with a smirk.

He drew up beside the plateau right around noon. Peregrine walked to the riverside to take a quick drink, then plodded forward into the territory's shadow to escape the high sun. From there, he took a seat and lifted his black muzzle into the sky, requesting the Beta female by name via howl. He hoped she was home and could come to him, else he would have to go back home without any answers and live in fear of Wildfire's next allergic reaction being even worse.
143 Posts
Ooc —
permission to pop in granted! You guys can feel free to skip over her whenever. She'll be listening/observing throughout!

Tiger had expressed interest to Peregrine about becoming a medic, but had taken care to mention how very little she knew. He himself spoke of knowing someone who had that skill set, but if he had told her the others name she'd forgotten it. Scents, faces, places she could remember. But names? That she had to work on.

She trailed after him now, leaving a little after him to take care of some things first (letting Finley know she was headed on a cool mission)... and hearing him howl, she was able to find him easily enough. She slid beside him, still deferential despite not being home, and her head lowered all the more given the fact that they were lurking near another territory. She recalled Peregrine saying other packs were their nemeses... but given he had come to the Plateau wolves, and the Plateau wolves had come to update him on his ability to come here, it seemed that this pack was the one exception.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The wolf that came to him was not black, but white, and she came from entirely the wrong direction. Peregrine's brow rose in silent surprise when Tiger drew up beside him. What are you doing here...? his expression seemed to ask long before his lips could form the words. Then he remembered that Tiger had mentioned in passing that she was interested in medicine. Maybe she knew what had brought him here and was here to help or maybe even learn.

"I've called on Blue Willow, the plateau's Beta. She's a wonderful Healer. I'm hoping she can give me some answers about Wifi's allergies and how to prevent any more attacks. That's what it was," Peregrine explained to his subordinate, then turned to face the plateau again in the hopes that he would see his good friend materialize.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow was pleasantly surprised, when the howl came up across the plateau for her. She immediately dropped what she was doing, and trotted in that direction. Tilting her head, to the side, she got close enough to make a noise. A smile on her muzzle. She tilted her head at the wolf standing near Perry. She didn't know this wolf. Granted Blue didn't even know those in her own pack.

She was fast becoming a recluse, but not by choice. She just was so busy all the time, she barely had time to breathe, let alone meet everyone that called on the plateau. She chuffed once and then gave her friend a gently nudge to his shoulder. Hello Perry. Is everything okay? Then she waited quietly, giving a once over to the wolf beside him again.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
143 Posts
Ooc —
Tiger listened to Peregrine, and nodded. She was more than willing to listen to any and all things Blue Willow had to say; she'd be happy to apprentice under the wiser medicine woman, if that were an option. But if she could learn some pro-tips today and that be that, that was fine too; she figured, she'd be able to learn plenty from others along the way.

Her head dipped lower when Blue Willow approached. If they learned anything today about what could help Wildfire's allergies, they could tell the whole of the pack what was necessary to help the firebird out. Tiger was glad to be here firsthand, though, a far better visual learner than auditory. She would let Peregrine inform the other why they were here, given it was his daughter they had truly come for.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Soon enough, a glowing Blue Willow joined them. Peregrine dipped his head and waved his tail as she made her approach. She was always a sight for sore eyes. Her selflessness with her time and skills never failed to blow him away. He briefly wondered if Lasher had shared his recent venture to the caldera with her; would she mind? And how were their children? But Wildfire needed him to focus on the reason he was here.

"Hey, thanks for coming," he said as she neared. "This is Tiger, one of my subordinates. We're here because Wifi recently had what appears to be an allergic reaction. I have no idea what caused it. Do you have any tips on figuring it out? Or ways to deal with an allergic reaction as it's happening? By the way, Tiger here is an aspiring Healer," he added to explain the white woman's presence. "Maybe if you tell us what to do, she can be Wifi's primary physician."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry guys for some reason I was thinking Tiger was before me.
Blue returned the tail wag. Blue never really considered her offer of her skills and her time selfless. After all it was something she love to do. So wasn't that bit selfish then rather in retrospect. She didn't ever really think to hard on it. Lasher had spoke of the Caldera yes. She had not pried for there had seemed something special about that night, and she was not going to bug Lasher to tell. She loved him, but she also knew the heart that beat beneath his breast was not content with just one love, and she was okay with this.

Of course Peregrine, anything for you. She smile at him and then turned green gaze to the girl beside him. She dipped her muzzle to her as well. Well met Tiger. You may call me Blue or Willow if it suits you better. Then she grew quiet and listened closely to his words.  Blue chuckled and looked at Perry, Perry you are going to fast. Is the allergic reaction one of the skin? or is it a breathing problem? What are her symptoms? What was she near? If I'm not sure what the reaction was I don't know if I can help without unfortunately exposing her to whatever it was again.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I'm not sure if @Tiger still intends to actively participate (since she's dead and stuff, haha), so I am going to continue and play her in the background.

When she told him he was going too fast, he grimaced apologetically. His black ears flicked forward as she assessed the information, then provided feedback. Unfortunately, he didn't have firsthand knowledge of these answers. He thought back on what his daughter had described to him, then pieced together the facts from there in the hopes that it would help the Healer help him (or Wildfire, more accurately).

"I wasn't there to see it myself," he explained regretfully, "but it sounded like she felt hot, itchy and generally bothered. I don't think it affected her breathing much. It seems to have been mild, thank goodness. As for what she was near... I honestly don't have any idea. She was at the rendezvous site, collecting things. Maybe she reacted to something in her stockpile...?" It was just an educated guess, though, and there were more than two dozen various items in Wildfire's hoard.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[quot

Blue though through the answers, fought to understand what he wanted. Unfortunately given the information he gave her. There wasn't much she could go on. She hoped to help, but she wasn't sure how. There were different reactions to different things. Sometimes, even a plant could just do what he was explaining.

Blue frowned and then spoke quietly, Well I can't help without knowing what it was. However, if this happens again, aloe for the rash and try and find the source of the problem. There are also some plants that can cause such rashes due to the fact they have little hair's on them. Stinging nettle is one that comes to mind that can cause an irritation.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
<3

The lack of information meant that Blue Willow couldn't offer much in way of advice, though she did her best and Peregrine appreciated it. Even one little tidbit of information that might help him protect Wildfire was worth the journey all the way out here. He bobbed his head as he took in the Healer's words, glancing at Tiger to make sure she was listening and taking (mental) notes.

"Willow, I really appreciate you taking the time to pass along this info. I don't even believe in gods but you're a godsend." He reached out to brush his muzzle against hers. "Hey, give everyone my regards. I hear I'm no longer on the plateau's most wanted list," he quipped, passing his tongue over her nose before withdrawing.

"I wish I could stay longer but we'd better head back. Thanks for taking the time." He offered the Beta female one last bump, then turned to go, unaware that allergies were soon going to be the least of his worries over Wildfire (as her half-sister would soon after threaten her life) and that this had been his last peaceable encounter with a wolf from Blacktail Deer Plateau.