The Sunspire [m] feather blanket
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
178 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: backdated to june 28, receptive

but they had not run. filled with the desperate joy of seeing one another, muskrat and cloud singer had taken up the dance of their loving joy, falling asleep among the moss, entwined and happy.

only two in the world entire knew where muskrat kept her favorite place.

imagine then her shock and his horror when they had woken to gorseberry and her own warriors, fighters beside whom muskrat had even raided herself! 

cloud singer, gorseberry declared, was an invader. he was not here with the other healers; he spied in secret and evaded their patrols. he was not swamp panther, she added, but hollow stone, a spy for a tribe who had killed its share of their people in years past.

muskrat had shouted in rage and fear and defiance that such old stories mattered nothing, that he was no spy but a lover, that he had always respected their clan. and that she would leave now, leave the swamp panthers and the warrior society, and return to the hollow stone with cloud singer.

she had almost begged.

in torment, muskrat stalked along a game-trail hung with willow and bit back the angry tears as her body sent its scent into a spiral.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Hope you don't mind me dropping this dork in the thread

Unfortunately, it was not a male who approached, one that could probably ease the burning ailments of a receptive woman's body, but a lanky teenage girl. One who happened to be passing by, finding her way around the mountains until a strange scent peeked her curiosity -- and like all oblivious wolves do instead of avoiding strange things (or maybe just Yukimi), she'd approch.

Finding the small vessel of a woman, which was saying something since Yukimi was of relatively short stature -- she was even smaller than the Fujiwara girl. In one way or another she'd ended up intercepting the woman's path by accident. As Yuki regarded her, a tail swayed behind her hocks. 

Hello~
[Image: 85512331_sBCUc47O1EZtqNO.png]
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
178 Posts
Ooc — ebony
not at all! <3

a girl. muskrat snorted. a thin thing, delicate without any musculature she could see. alone in the mountains.

"you leave your home?" she asked in a low flicker of curiosity, halting her step and pushing away her tormented thoughts long enough to survey the stranger. "best if you not follow me." her scent could bring a half-dozen unknown men to any locale, she knew, she had seen, and she did not want to be responsible for their rejected anger when she turned to kicking stones their way once more.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
<3

Her cheeks grew rosy. I.....uh, don't have a home. and though she kept her smile, her eyes teetered off to her feet, as if embarrassed to be put on the spot.

No, not anymore -- Yuki's home was long gone now, she knew that. What was once somewhere she'd been trying to find her place in, was now filled with bloodthirsty wolves who blamed her and her family for the death of their Emperor. They'd rather see her dead -- all because of her bastard lineage. 

Not that Yuki cared anymore, those monsters took her Otōsan away from her. Now the only home she knew was Ashkova, and a path to an unknown future. At least for now.

The muscled woman before her suggested Yukimi's leave, which, to the girl, felt like rejection of company. Her ears flattened and tail fell limp, feeling a bit hurt by these words -- did she come at a bad time perhaps? Ah...I see... She said in a hushed voice.

But strangely enough, didn't move.

Her ears perked upwards once more.

.........Is there a reason why?
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
178 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no home. muskrat studied the girl. and no teaching. "this is called chay misk’i nina locura. the madness of sweet fire." her lips drew into a wry smile. "the smell. why i here, alone. this time will make you mother, when you older, if you let men close."

the warrior shrugged. "so. men come for me. they find you. not safe, men who walk in hunger for this fire." did she need to elaborate? muskrat did not wish to do so, and so only stared pointedly at the younger wolf for a moment.

no home. would it be safer to send the girl away now? the sunflower eyes softened minutely. "how long you alone?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
The...smell? Did she mean the strange smell that eminated from her when Yuki located her. I had been wondering where that strong scent came from. Although it was not a scent that was entirely unknown to the girl.

It was familiar -- and seasonally, similar fumes came from the older women within her old clan -- sometimes around her age. Her father said it was part of the process that made puppies, but strangely refused to go into further detail, saying that mother would explain it better when she'd been old enough to go through it herself. Actually, trying to ask him further was met with a look of discomfort.

Oblivious was the girl to the process this one would call madness of sweet fire -- in a tounge she could not decipher -- as Yukimi had never gone into heat before. Yet by the way the woodland woman described it, it struck fear into the young girl's heart. What? That sounds terrible! She exclaimed -- how could any man risk the safety of a woman like that!? Did her own mother have to run away from scary men like that, too? You are in danger, then? Has anyone tried to harm you? 

Alone...well, not really. Alone she was not, even if home was no more -- Yuki was greatful for that. She was pretty sure guards from the Dynasty were out seeking her family's heads by now. I have been traveling with my friend! He rescued me when I washed ashore with a broken rib. Um...it hasn't fully healed yet, though.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
178 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the laughter of the swamp panther was rich and tinged with surprise. once more she looked the stranger up and down. girlish, for sure, but not so young that she could not understand — who had failed to teach her?

"not in danger. my body, it wants them to come. same for you, one day." she watched the open play of that unguarded expression, wondering if she had ever been so wide-eyed and unknowing of the world's vast forces.

"your friend. where?" muskrat asked next, glancing up the sunny slope of the green ridge in a search for any masculine figures.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Yuki's head would tilt in visible confusion as the woman let out a laugh -- she failed to see where her mirth had come from. She did not say something funny, did she? Or maybe the girl was just naturally funny, in a way.

Actually, the latter made her feel much better, so she just rolled with it.

S-same for me? An ink-dipped paw pressed against her chest, as if to point at herself. -- but how could my body want something if I do not will it? Wasn't that impossible? The sound of swarms of men following her just to attack her sounded like something out of a horror movie. It wasn't something she'd want happening to her at all, so couldn't she control it?

There were many questions that swirled around in her mind, and the visible wrinkle in her brow as she pondered this said so.

Oh, him? Well... Her eyes drifted to the side, followed by a sheepish grin. We actually camp near a river behind the mountains....sometimes I slip away though. 

Then she leaned in closer, up close in personal, as her voice fell into a whisper. If you ever see him, though, don't tell him! If he finds out how often I wander out with my injury, he'll be angry with me. 

Not that it was really a secret at this point. Yuki was pretty sure he'd noticed by now. It was probably better to confess herself if she was ever confronted, though.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
178 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"ah, imilla," muskrat sighed, tilting her head to gaze at the heavens which swathed the peak in a blanket of cooler air. "two years. hm? two years and this time comes. mind and body will want it. want them. want men. it is the way pachamama made us to be."

her eyes watched the other. "right now, you are girl. in your eye, you have fear. but do not have afraid. is not time for you yet. you feel — another way when it your turn to walk with chay misk’i nina locura."

but even as she spoke, muskrat pored over what the girl had said of this mysterious friend. he had found her injured and brought her away from that place. now she wandered alone, whispering of his potential anger. muskrat grinned, and decided at once she did not like the situation. "i not say anything." a pause followed. "this man, how long you travel with him?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Until year two -- is that when her freedom will leave her?

Yet according to the woodland woman, it is the opposite. It will be something that she craves. A strange concept to her, still, but thankfully nothing the snow fae would have to fret over any time soon. Regardless of the newly-instilled fear of sexual maturity, she was thankful for her guidance. With the absence of her mother and lack of an elder sister, she probably wouldn't have learned any of this until now.

So, the young dove would bow her head to the older she-wolf, in gratitude for her guidance. Thank you, miss, She whisped, lifting her head to meet their gaze. It sounds scary, but if the day ever comes, I will remember to be brave in the face of it, like you! Afterall, she seemed so calm about this 'Madness of sweet fire.' -- Yuki assumed she must've been able to hold her own. How cool!

It has been a few weeks, if I'd have to estimate. Since Ash had found her -- time flew by quickly, hasn't it? The two of us don't really have much to return to, so we decided to stick together. Admittedly, though, she has missed the security of a pack for sometime now. Maybe one day, she'd ask @Ashkova if he'd like to join her on the idea.

By the way, I don't think we've been properly acquainted. My name's Yukimi!
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
178 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"i am muskrat." it was the closest translation she had found for what her name meant; it was an apt moniker if anything.

ashkova. the brief mention yukimi granted of his own past suggested that they had dispersed. closer in age to one another, which relaxed the stoked nerves of the warrior.

"you hunt well? many times?" she asked next. "can be hard, first few times." did these travelers hunger, was what she meant to ask. hunting with yukimi was an acceptable choice upon the mountain, but she hoped that this ashkova would not arrive — for his sake, not wishing to be bothered by a clutching man at this moment.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
She offered a pleasant grin, pleased to finally have a name attached to her mountain-side acquaintance. I'm glad we  meet, Muskrat! There was a momentary pause, however, where her attention titterted of at suprise at her own words. She felt like she'd just insulted the woman – yet Muskrat was her name. Yuki supposed this was her first time hearing of someone named after another animal.

I regret to inform you that I am no expert. a dark paw was placed atop her muzzle – perhaps from embarrassment for admitting she'd been a wolf with poor hunting skills. Can you believe it? My injury makes me slower than usual – but even without it the most I can salvage is an unassuming hare. Maybe a river fish if I'm agile enough.
Pledged
Shadow Ridge
178 Posts
Ooc — ebony
yukimi's smile lit through any shyness, and her willing acceptance of the help muskrat offered quelled anything the swamp panther might have felt about such a distraction.

"hunting take time to learn well." yukimi could hardly be faulted for not having gained experience since leaving, as her leg had not been up for it.

"good you pick hunting that is easier. i teach you to track, hm?" a jerk of her chin toward wheeling ravens distant in the skies was added. "dead things to eat on mountain too, fill belly without using strength."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Muskrat offers to help her track, and Yuki happy obliges with a nod. She was embarrassed at first -- hunting was a key survival trait and one she lacked experience in. Yet the mountian woman seemed free of judgment, and she was happy to learn under her wing. 

I wouldn't mind that at all! You know of a place to start? The answer to her question was answered immediately, however, as Muskrat gestures over towards the other side of the mountains. A cloud of black avians took over the sky, and she lifted her nose to smell something in decay. Hopefully none have beat us to it, yet maybe we're lucky. Wouldn't hurt to find out, yes?

Her paws already set off, slowly, as to not get too hasty and loose where she'd been going. This was new to her, and so was this terrain.