Swiftcurrent Creek Rolling through the garden
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,154 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
forward dated about a week, I'd say 23th of May? For @Akavir

Arlette realized that things were moving a little faster than her last pregnancies. As in, she expanded more than last time. She was pretty sure that she still had a few weeks to go but her sides were ready expanding already. She had been this size when she gave birth to her last litter, at least what she could remember. The one thing that made her believe she wasn't going to give birth soon was that her teats weren't nearly as large or ready. So she had the nagging feeling she might be pregnant with more pups, or... just larger ones considering Arric. Maybe it also had to do with the fact that she had never been so well cared for by a pack during a pregnancy.

It was clear skies and the sun was shining down on her pelt. Arlette was panting as she moved. Tongue hanging out of her mouth to cool herself down. She was at the garden. Plants were growing rapidly, even the ones she didn't want. The healer wanted to make herself useful and pulling out the plants that were unwelcome. She grabbed one weed at the stem and tossed it aside. She waddled onto the next patch. God, if this was a hint of what summer was going to be she would need to prepare herself. Well, by then she would have had the pups and she wouldn't have to carry her weight. Arlette plopped herself down in a sloppy sit, scowling at the garden. She didn't want to take a rest but perhaps she should sit down briefly just to relief her back a little. She couldn't even properly lie down. Perhaps if she sat upright her belly wouldn't touch the ground, but in the sagging way she was sitting now it definitely was resting on the ground.
Current State
Very, very Pregnant
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
963 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He imagined the dark scowl from the pregnant lady should have been enough to make the weeds whither on the spot. Akavir wanted to—guilt instantly blanketing him when he realized he hadn’t upheld the garden as much as he had promised her she would.

It wasn’t as painful looking at it now—his days spent here with Eshe were more fondly remembered now—if not simply placed aside for what they were… Passing some time by, with some fun. Clearly, she hadn’t viewed him as anything else—so why dwell on it further?

He didn’t come bearing gifts this time, and so it was with a sheepish sweep of his eyes that he gave the Beta female as he neared her, his eyes razing over her.

He didn’t recall Jakoul or Ibis ever looking this large—thankfully, though, he withheld a slow whistle, lest her ire be redirected to him. “Want me to have him committed for you, Arlette? Should be illegal to do this to a lady…” He huffed a soft laugh—his muzzle swinging to the garden. “Let me. Tell me what to pull—you should be resting more, now.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,154 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
Arlette looked up as Akavir joined her in the garden. The pale woman tried to school her features a little. It was mostly the heat blazing down on them what had exhausted her already. Her spirits lifted to have some company though. A smile came upon her lips, her scowl vanishing. No, I think he is probably punishing himself already too, she chuckled softly. I see the way he looks at me and probably wonders the same thing, she added. It was always fun to watch him so conflicted. On the one paw he seemed to love her being pregnant, but on the other he seemed to feel rather guilty what she was put through.

I don't really want to rest, she sighed. Her red eyes glanced over the garden. But fine. I shall obey. She shot him a smile and stayed where she was. She was reminded of Arric's words and that Akavir had a soft spot for pregnant women. It hasn't been too bad. I might look a little ... large... but everyone in the pack has been helping me. It is rather a testament to the pack you've build, she complimented him. She wanted him to know that, because she had not experienced it before, such support.

Can you take off the browned leaves?, she asked him then. After all he offered to help so then she would put the man to work. Arric would be proud of her. She couldn't help but smile at that thought. She wished she could help though. She decided she couldn't sit completely still and pushed herself to her feet. She waddled to the closest brown leaves and gently pried it free from the stem. Then she sat down again to do her rest.
Current State
Very, very Pregnant