Ocean's Breath Plateau Vole little a vealwav.
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,046 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Timestamp: June 14.

She didn’t have much choice but to sleep out in the open that first night, though she mustered all her strength to crawl under the cover of Coconut Grove. Towhee felt rested when she woke late the next day, though her neck was killing her and she was pretty sure her tail was broken.

She possessed just enough energy to trudge across the plains and slump in the shadow of Ocean’s Breath Plateau. Towhee sent up a call for anyone, though she hoped @Phox, @Heph or @Rodyn might make an appearance. She could use some food and a safe place to rest for another night or two before she trekked back to the copse.

But there was something else Moontide might offer her. Towhee turned as if to look at the distant island, grunting when the muscles and tendons in her neck vehemently protested the movement.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
First Trader
lord of the hunt
1,605 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
The caterwaul of Towhee was a call Phox would always, always do his best to answer. His three-legged gait was not particularly speedy, but when he did arrive, he was glad that he had come. -You look like shit!- he said with plenty of concern in his voice. Her tail in particular looked like had been through the wringer. Judging by the way she was walking, that wasn't the only part of her that she'd managed to get thoroughly wrecked.

-What happened?- he asked, wondering if anybody in Moontide was a particularly good healer. From what he could remember, they were primarily hunters... and a gazillion puppies.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,046 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She brought a paw to the place where her neck met her shoulder, rubbing absently. Towhee wondered if she’d pulled a muscle. Well, more like the sea lion had pulled it for her, yanking her around like some plaything. She considered glancing down at her tail but thought better of it. Anyway, someone was coming.

-“You should see the other guy,”- Towhee grunted, smiling despite her aches and pains. Signing hurt, so she gave it a rest when she continued, It’s a crazy story and I’ll tell you all about it. But first, is there anyone here who could run a message for me? I need them to go to Wheeling Gull Island and tell my grandkids I’m not dead.

She shuddered slightly. Even if she’d had the bandwidth to go back there herself, Towhee couldn’t imagine ever coming close to that godforsaken island again. And she just hoped the boys and Dinah would reconsider moving to the mainland, whether they joined her or went elsewhere.

The immediate threat was gone but even faithless Towhee knew a sign when she saw one and this one had been in neon flashing lights: Sweetharbor was no longer sweet, nor a harbor.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)