Northstar Vale Souvenirs de Toi
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
108 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Joining 
Viskani soon found herself patrolling her borders once again, marking as she went. Looking out into the field between her own territory and that which belonged to the ridge she could only frown. Not out of sadness or fear, but rather she was wondering, wondering what would become of the two packs.

After a short moment she turned back to the path laid out in front of her. Things had been going well for her own pack as of late; two new members, and women at that. Both seemed to be plenty capable, one could even heal. With Chesley's injury the extra paws would be plenty needed.

Yet even still she worried, imagining the worst. But she could not fail, not after how far they had come. Not after the promise she had made to those back home.
Loner
3 Posts
Ooc — yam
A strong breeze ruffles at Mnemosynes auburn coat. He closes his eyes, intaking the comforting scent of air, lush greens, and comfort.

Nowadays he often takes long walks not to hunt, but to discover new areas for him to claim to bed that night, or just because, because he never needed a reason to wander. Belonging to nowhere and nothing but the plants and trees before him. 

He spots a small moat of water glittering in the sunlight, his throat suddenly feels parched. The young wolf prances as soundlessly as he's capable to the river.

Mnemosynes could only wonder of what the journey the world could lead him today. 
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
108 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
The wind carried something new, the scent of another. They did not not smell of the ridge, and that alone brought Viskani some comfort. After a pause, she began to follow the scent - they may not be in her borders, but if they were near then it was only right to defend them.

Tail high she soon spotted a younger male lapping at the creek that flowed through the vale; her vale. One foot in front of the other, she began to make her way towards the boy. "You there - you do not intend to cross our markers, do you?" The question carried some malice, an opening to challenge her. It was a test.

Men were not to take the lead here. She would show him this whether he had breached her borders or not; he was too close.
Loner
3 Posts
Ooc — yam
A booming voice echoed from afar, startling Mnemosynes from his focus on the riverbed. He looks up ahead of him to spot an elder she-wolf assessing him from across. At a glance, any wolf would find her at a disadvantage, especially like wolves Mnemosynes, who bypassed her size by a significant margin, but by how the wolf carried herself she'd might as well be larger than the tallest coniferous. Mnemosynes refrains from bowing his head. 

She's talking to him he realizes, that he's crossing markings, and..wait. Tilting his snout up with another sniff and there it is. A smell different from grass, leaves, and soil. A scent undoubtedly marked. 

In his mind Mnemosynes scolds a small part of himself that managed to ignore all warning signs of other territory for a drink of water. 

He shrunk into himself out of habit instantly wanting to run, but Mnemosynes forcefully plants his paws on the ground. Understanding that should he run, there would be consequences to face for the misunderstandings he planted and let sprout.

"sorry," His voice wavers bit, he clears his throat, "I'm sorry, I have no wish to cross your borders, I'll go."

Mnemosynes clumsily scoots up from the river putting a more larger distance from the other as possible.

Awkwardly, he consciously stays put. Would it be too rude to dart off before a reply?
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
108 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Carefully, she began to circle the boy. She kept some distance between them - a practiced expression of regality and indifference painted on her face. He had backed down and listened well so far; she was impressed.

Analysing the boy, he appeared healthy - nearly as large as Chaudry with a leaner build. It caused her to hesitate. If she chased him away, would she be chasing him into the ridge? Would they take him in?

In a moment of rare petty behaviour, she made a decision. She would offer the boy hospitality so long as it prevented him from going to the other side of the field. "Have you ate recently my dear?" Her words came out softer, as though speaking to a child.

Stopping her circles she approached, she continued. "You look deathly thin. Let me feed you something - the vale has plenty." He looked far from thin, in fact he seemed to be primarily muscle. She was channelling her inner grandmother she supposed.
Loner
3 Posts
Ooc — yam
It was as if a thousand eyes were staring right through Mnemosynes as the other circled his figure. The offer of food from across the vale is tempting, especially considering hours of eating entirely depended on his clumsy attempts at hunting.

On the other hand, Mnemosynes felt like he would be facing much worse fate than a scuffle under her care judging by the level of scrutiny in the wolf's eyes.

"Thank you, but I'm alright." He replies, turning away, hopefully conclusive enough to avoid further question.

In comical timing a loud rumble reverberates from within his stomach. 
Pledged
Montagne de Ciguë
108 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
tags are for reference!
She couldn't help but find herself amused at the sound. "It's better here than across the vale. The wolves of the ridge will not greet you kindly - they speak with teeth rather than words." She insisted, taking a step into the tree line.

"I hope you won't take my initial hostility too poorly, I'm sure you can understand." She was beginning to understand why she was taught not to act in such a way. It made things much more difficult.

She considered who may be in the dens if he chose to return with her - someone who would reflect on them positively. @Chesley, as dear as he was, was lacking in social skills, @Chaudry was no different - rather just on a separate end of the spectrum. The woman Chesley had returned with, @Paladé seemed to be.. rough around the edges, but @Kaaya Ayad was sweet. @Tousaint, of course, would never fail to make a good impression so long as this stranger did not see through his charms.

"I am Viskani - we call this area Montagne de Ciguë." She offered an introduction.