Redhawk Caldera One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
No one answered her but Wildfire was quite used to that, seeing as she didn't speak quite the same language as the adults just yet. She continued craning forward, sniffing at the fresh meat. She had just eaten breakfast, so she wasn't hungry, yet she was a carnivore all the same. The smell of blood was like perfume. She inhaled deeply.

Above her, Peregrine said, "I would be happy to show you." His tone was decidedly warmer than the last time they'd spoken, partly because it was very gratifying to see the subordinate already working hard to contribute. "Why don't you eat some first, though?" he added when Sebastian's stomach growled audibly.

Wildfire blinked at the sound, her ears flattening. It seemed to come from the stranger's belly rather than his mouth, though she didn't know any better. To her, the stranger was growling, which meant he was unhappy. The little girl turned and pressed her face against Peregrine's leg, hiding it from view. Was the big wolf angry with her for sniffing his food?

"What's wrong, Wifi?" the Alpha crooned to his timid offspring. "He's big, isn't he?" he asked, trying to guess at the reason for her reaction, unaware that it was the growling that had upset her. "He won't hurt you, though. He's a friend." Gently, Peregrine shifted his leg away from her, removing Wildfire's hiding spot.

She looked up at him in trepidation, though once more she was bolstered by her father's tone. She faced Sebastian again, then slid forward onto her belly, ears splayed to the sides and black tail wiggling beseechingly. Wildfire glanced up at his chin, though naturally avoided his gaze as she submitted. She still didn't quite understand why he'd growled, though she hoped this display would placate him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas - by Wildfire - March 28, 2015, 03:35 PM