Redhawk Caldera One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Sebastian responded by lowering himself onto his belly before her, which definitely went a long way to reassure the pup and earn her trust. Wildfire smiled, her dark tail now beating the ground. She scooted forward slightly, then stretched out a foreleg to touch her paw against his. She then withdrew it almost immediately, suddenly feeling shy... only to whip it back out again after glancing at his face. He seemed friendly. And the word play definitely perked her interest. It was one of just a handful that she knew and recognized at her age.

"Ayyy!" she chirped in response, pushing herself onto all fours but ducking her front end down again. Her red rump swung slowly in the air and she thumped her little forepaws at him. She had momentarily forgotten about his kill, though her right paw managed to brush against it and, feeling suddenly playfully emboldened, Wildfire snatched at it, ripping a patch of skin and fur off with surprising speed.

Holding it in her teeth, the little whippersnapper glanced in Sebastian's direction, shook the little mouthful of flesh, then turned and ran away. She bumped into her father's hip, then scrambled to duck behind him. Her head then popped back into view and she giggled despite her clenched teeth, making it fairly clear that her intention was to get Sebastian to give chase.
Messages In This Thread
RE: One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas - by Wildfire - March 28, 2015, 04:00 PM