Kintla Flatlands Unconditional
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
As Osprey explained the pack's reaction to the news, Peregrine couldn't help but be grateful Osprey was part of the plateau and not the caldera. Had it been up to solely him, he would have forgiven her trespass and supported her and her pups. But Fox wouldn't have allowed it. He could not imagine what kind of havoc that might have wrought on his home and family. He felt relieved, then guilty. Stubbornly, he thought he might have overruled Fox, for hadn't she done the same with her own sisters?

None of it mattered, though, and he was grateful even if that was terrible of him. "I'm glad to hear that," Peregrine replied softly. He couldn't speak for Dante, yet he couldn't imagine Lasher or Blue Willow condemning Osprey, no matter the laws of the wolf. "I'm sure things will settle in time," he added hopefully. His sister had been a part of the plateau for as long as he had—longer now, truthfully—and that would have to count for something.

He wasn't glad to hear about the babes sucking the life from her, nor Osprey's ominous comment about not reaching the finish line. His mouth opened and closed as Peregrine struggled to find his words. He wanted to grasp her in another hug. He refrained, letting her finish. By the time she did, his emotions were threatening to spill over despite his valiant efforts not to overreact to the situation.

"Okay, fuck your selflessness and your logic. You're my sister. I love you, unconditionally. You're right, I can't do a whole lot that's meaningful. I'm not a Healer. But offering you my love and support doesn't take away from me, my family or my life, Osprey. My love is not a finite resource. Besides, I get to decide what I live for, what I think is fair." He spoke softly but vehemently, eyes finding and never leaving hers. "What's done is done anyway. You can't un-ring the bell. I know and nothing will stop me from worrying, even if you ask me to leave."

He let those words hang in the air, giving her the opportunity to tell him if that's what she really wanted. Peregrine tried to decide whether he would respect her wishes or insist on being there for her. He would have to return to the caldera, of course, and couldn't hover over her until the birth. He hadn't felt particularly helpless until this very moment, as that realization dawned on him. There really was nothing he could do in this situation and that frustrated and crushed him.

"What can I do to help? Whether it's leaving you alone or hunting for you or visiting every day... just tell me. Whatever it is, I'll do it."
Messages In This Thread
Unconditional - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 02, 2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Unconditional - by Osprey - April 02, 2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Unconditional - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 02, 2015, 05:35 PM
RE: Unconditional - by Osprey - April 02, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Unconditional - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2015, 07:43 AM
RE: Unconditional - by Osprey - April 03, 2015, 08:39 AM
RE: Unconditional - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Unconditional - by Osprey - April 03, 2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Unconditional - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Unconditional - by Osprey - April 03, 2015, 12:58 PM
RE: Unconditional - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2015, 01:06 PM