Redhawk Caldera Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire observed, head cocked, as Raven attempted to pick up the rock. It was either too heavy, too cumbersome or both. She was smaller than her sister, though there was no way the red whelp could make that connection yet, so she scooted forward to try. Of course, she had less success than Raven. Wildfire's brow furrowed, her warm golden brown eyes fixating on the stone as she tried to figure out how on earth the two of them could transport it. Maybe they could both carry it at once somehow...?

Before she could delve too deep into thought on the matter, a loud bark made the cub jump, then shrink. "There you are!" came a familiar voice and Wildfire looked up to see their father trotting down toward them. He looked more relieved than angry, though there was a hardness to the lines of his black body. Instinctively, Wildfire dropped to her belly and averted her eyes, her flank pressing against her sister's.

"Bad girls," Peregrine murmured over their heads, shaking his own. His jade eyes pinned on a rock in front of the two misbehaved pups. It had a trail of drool on it. Despite himself, the Alpha snickered. "Hunting for rocks, huh? Why does that not surprise me? But you shouldn't leave my sight. Bad girls," he repeated emphatically, so they would understand that they'd disobeyed him.

Wildfire whined under her breath. She didn't dare look upward, sensing that pure submission was the best course of action. She didn't even glance up when she felt something nudge her foot, then felt a swoosh of air and a new emptiness next to her. She licked her lips. Raven was still next to her, so Peregrine hadn't scruffed her. The child nibbled on her bottom lip, trying to understand while simultaneously resisting temptation...

"C'mon," Peregrine said brusquely, his voice strangely garbled. At last, Wildfire looked up at her father. Her face broke into a wide grin when she saw that he'd picked up their stone! But then her ears wilted and she looked at her forepaws when his hard eyes looked into her face. Making a quiet coughing noise and exchanging a glance with Raven, Wildfire began to slink forward, following her father back in the direction of the den. Despite her whipped body language, she was quietly elated that he was bringing their chosen rock with them.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore - by Wildfire - April 26, 2015, 03:50 PM