Herbalists' Cache Is That Healin' Stuff?
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Did he just!?

She huffed, growling through the plant between her teeth. She didn't know jack shit about anything local to the area, but she wasn't about to let some scrawny, mangy wolf walk by and snatch up a plant she was testing for herself. Ugh. A fern? Yes. What kind? Who the hell knew, but now it was in her mouth. And his mouth and damn it!

Citali stumbled backwards as the plant snapped. She ended up with the fronds and its dozens of tiny leaves which chose that precise moment to free themselves from the main stem and cling to her tongue. She spat them out, lifting a paw to spew them out with the help of a clean limb. "That was my fern," she asserted from where she now sat on the ground with leaves at her feet. Freaking fern. She'd find another one.

"I don't know!" she snapped back at him as he admitted the variety of fern wasn't the maiden hair he'd assumed. "I'm not from here." Which meant she was herb dumb and she hated admitting that, but it was true. Better for her to admit her ignorance than to kill a wolf pretending she had her shit together.

She rid her mouth of all the leaves and turned her gaze back towards what remained of it. On closer inspection, she had a few ideas, but couldn't say for sure. "Lady fern? Alpine lady fern?" She rambled off a couple. "Elevation's too high for licorice ferns." Staring at it, she continued. "We're not close enough to water for it to be maidenhair unless there's a waterfall or a river hiding somewhere I haven't seen. Those suckers like to be near water."
Messages In This Thread
Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Citali - May 08, 2015, 01:33 PM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Reek - May 08, 2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Citali - May 11, 2015, 12:34 AM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Reek - May 11, 2015, 08:31 AM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Citali - May 14, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Reek - May 18, 2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Citali - May 20, 2015, 11:59 AM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Reek - May 26, 2015, 12:16 PM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Citali - May 28, 2015, 10:43 PM
RE: Is That Healin' Stuff? - by Reek - May 29, 2015, 03:33 PM