Redhawk Caldera so please don't get me rescued.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood slept hard that night. Things had spiraled out of control so quickly -- he didn't truly understand what had happened until Finley explained it. Junior was one of Peregrine's daughters. She had attempted to kill Wildfire; that part he had witnessed with his own eyes. She hadn't stood a chance against Fox and Finley, and Peregrine had been tasked with the difficult job of ending the life of his own offspring.

The ramifications had been hard to swallow. Thankfully, Wildfire would be okay -- but Fox had come down with an iron fist, demoting Peregrine to the bottom of the ranks and declaring that all outsiders were to be treated as trespassers. This would not be difficult for Elwood to uphold, as he didn't have any real acquaintances outside of the pack. But it would be painful to see Peregrine reduced to a shell of himself.

It took a while for Elwood to fall asleep, but once he did, he was dead to the world. His sleep was dreamless, just an endless black void -- quite the opposite of what Finley was experiencing right next to him. He didn't wake until she started shoving him roughly with her nose, and slowly her voice registered in his mind and pulled him back into consciousness.

At first, he didn't see what was wrong; blearily, he blinked sleep from his eyes. Then he took in Finley's panicked expression and his gaze traveled down to her stomach. Her fur was matted in blood, and it was spattered across the floor as well. Immediately, Elwood shot upright, his eyes widening in alarm. "What the hell," he breathed, then moved to sweep his nose across her belly and haunches, his heartbeat thrumming in his ears. "What happened?!"
Messages In This Thread
so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:02 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 05:01 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 07:58 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 08:21 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 08:32 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 18, 2015, 12:09 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 06:31 PM