Redhawk Caldera so please don't get me rescued.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Why thank you!

Gradually, Finley calmed down -- and when she did, so did Elwood. He lowered himself back to the ground, curling himself protectively around her as they both tended to her stomach. He found himself lost in thought for a few minutes, thinking back to the events of that day, so when Finley broke the silence with a gasp, he froze. Caught off guard, he straightened once more, peering down at her face with concern.

Realization became apparent in her expression, but Elwood was still in the dark. He stared at her, trying to understand her whispered words and incomplete sentences. A strange quiet had come over her; he noticed that she had stopped shaking and her eyes no longer welled with tears. Only when she looked him straight in the face -- her soft brown eyes meeting his and communicating nothing but heartbreak -- did he understand.

She had been pregnant.

Instantly, Elwood's world turned on end and he felt himself reeling. He reached out for her to steady himself, his mind racing. How was that possible? Well, he knew the answer to that question -- but how had it happened without either of them realizing it? How had they been so stupid? His heart swelled for a moment, then immediately deflated. She wasn't pregnant anymore -- the fight with Junior, the physical exertion she had put on her body that day -- it had been enough to end it. His hopes and dreams -- the ones he had been afraid to admit -- came crashing down around them.

"Oh, god..." he murmured, closing his eyes. "Oh, Finley..."
Messages In This Thread
so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:02 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 05:01 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 07:58 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 08:21 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 08:32 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 18, 2015, 12:09 PM