Redtail Rise tell me that i'm still breathing
102 Posts
Ooc —
The routine was easy enough for Mercury to fall step into, marking and patrolling. It took his concentration in his desire to perform it to the best of his abilities, effectively providing the distraction that he had so desperately sought. He did not want to think of Gunnar, nor the bitter taste of acid their tensions left within one another, neither did he want to think of his birthday made acrimonious by the fact that Gunnar and him did not seem determined to play nice with one another as of present. In fact, Mercury did not deign to think of anything. Nothing beyond his duty of protecting a land full of wolves that were still strangers to him. Despite their status as basic strangers they were family (in a sense) now and he had obligations to them and to the temporary leader, Reek. 

Heavy footfalls nearing him were caught as Mercury's ears splayed to either side of his skull, head lifting to take in the sight of the other male. Smoky black hackles bristled slightly in return, though they smoothed back down against the strong curve of his spine as his black, leathery nostrils flared, inhaling the scent of the stranger, recognizing his scent as one of the Rise. Likely a senior member, if the strength of the pack's scent was of any indication to the perceptive DiSarinno. The words that Mercury was greeted with, caused the dark skylark's brows to furrow slightly, blunt as the older man's words were. Not a question but a statement. Irises cut of imperial green glass studied him respectfully, knowing that he was the lowest ranked and that meant everyone — even Gunnar — was higher ranked than him. 

Mercury's posture lowered in respect, though he was a bit miffed by the confident manner in which he was approached, and the blunt way in which the older man spoke. It made the discontentment of being a bastard rise like chill in his chest. Not even a hello had been offered. Mercury bit his tongue lightly when the older man prattled off about manners and that he was not a fan of them, a fact in which Mercury would wholly agree with. The ease of which he had spoken among the Vikings, and the DiSarinno's would not be accepted here, and he was careful to mind his tongue. As silver coated as it was, it could also easily get him into heaps of trouble that he presently wished to avoid.

“Mercury,” The dark skylark offered the older male, Arion, as he introduced himself, surprising Mercury when he added that he also was a temporary leader alongside Reek. Funny that Reek did not seem adamant to include that, which wasn't typical. The tyrant kept his curiosity to himself, for now, though it burned like a fire beneath his breast, the flames dancing on the tip of his tongue, begging to be made into words, to put the questions to voice.
Messages In This Thread
tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 24, 2015, 07:01 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 03:36 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 05:58 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 06:44 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 08:51 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 09:16 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 12:11 PM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 26, 2015, 05:50 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 30, 2015, 05:32 AM