Redtail Rise tell me that i'm still breathing
102 Posts
Ooc —
Mercury's name seemed to garner some interest to the older male, evidenced by Arion's cant of his head, and the study of Mercury. “Yes,” Mercury replied to the question of Mercury being the roman equivalent of Hermes. The DiSarinno's were Greeks traditionally, though Mercury got the impression that they were also Roman as well. Their names were often pulled from Greek and Roman mythology as per their naming tradition. The bird names was a tradition, he had came to learn after choosing Skylark as his middle name, from their matriarch's family. Likely, Arion's question had been rhetorical for he seemed to know well enough the origins of his name, but nevertheless Mercury felt obligated to respond. “It's a consideration,” Mercury spoke, giving pause for a few moments. “ But my focus is more immediate.” He had hoped to apprentice as a Warden under Ragnar once upon a time but things had fallen by the wayside with Gyda's disappearance. First, Mercury would earn his Warden trade, from there he would perhaps then seek the Outrider trade. He was not bound by obligation to stick to it just because there was irony between it and his name. Perhaps Redtail Rise would have need of something more practical, and he would offer to learn it. He had some knowledge of healing and with the right training he could likely make a trade out of it, if needed.

The older male responded with no matter — if it did not matter then why bother asking it? Mercury couldn't help but think with a slight furrow to his brow, but nevertheless let it roll of his shoulders. “Indeed,” Mercury responded simply, keeping his desire to be glib to himself, gesturing for Arion to lead the way. Arion's invitation hadn't been an invitation but a command, regardless of how soft and kindly the older male had put it. As it was, Mercury had already been doing a patrol when he'd been intercepted and couldn't help but feel that commanding him to join was redundant, but again he kept his thoughts safely to himself. He did not need to start trouble. He had enough trouble with his brother, currently, and did not need to add to it.
Messages In This Thread
tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 24, 2015, 07:01 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 03:36 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 05:58 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 06:44 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 08:51 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 09:16 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 12:11 PM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 26, 2015, 05:50 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 30, 2015, 05:32 AM