Redtail Rise tell me that i'm still breathing
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
"I am a Greek myself," Arion said as they walked. Truthfully, he had some Roman ancestry in him on his mother's side and although he had been brought up as a Greek, he believed himself a mixture of both if that was possible. Claiming he was a Roman though, was quite a different matter entirely to Arion. For to him, it meant disowning his Acheron bloodline, tossing his father and all his siblings away and embracing his mother's bloodline instead. Arion had never met his mother and therefore, until his mind was changed, he would always say he was a Greek to other wolves. "So I am familiar with the gods."

Janus had taught his children the ways of both Greece and Rome, believing them to be linked in someway, believing that his children would benefit from the knowledge. If Arion had been bolder then, he would have inquired to why they needed to know such useless information that would not give help them survive. Why they needed to learn the history of their family when they were simply bastard children with no real ancestry to call their own. But he had obeyed his father's wishes and therefore, never understood. And unless he talked to Janus once more or became a parent himself, Arion believed that until he was dead and could talk to his father in the underworld, he would never understand his father's motives.

"Are you of Greece or Rome? Or neither?" Arion inquired with another cant of his head, it would be weird for a wolf of neither backgrounds to choose the name 'Mercury', for to them, it bore no meaning whatsoever. Shifting his weight slightly, the stallion lifted a hind leg and sprayed his scent on the border before moving on, honey orbs scanning the horizon keenly.
Messages In This Thread
tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 24, 2015, 07:01 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 03:36 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 05:58 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 06:44 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 08:51 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 09:16 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 12:11 PM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 26, 2015, 05:50 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 30, 2015, 05:32 AM