Redtail Rise tell me that i'm still breathing
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
Mercury was rather eloquent, Arion would give him that, in a way, the smoky black yearling reminded the Greek of his father Janus. What it was that the boy possessed that reminded him of the older Acheron, he did not know, but the something was there alright. He dismissed the thought, putting it somewhere in his head to inquire and study later on that day when he was alone and there was no one to disturb him. The middle of the night sounded good enough. For no one would be so crazy as to be awake when the night was as black as Tartarus and only the flicker of the stars and the pale light of the moon graced the land with its touch. Other than Reek, the ragged man had seemed dead tired when he saw him in the day, Arion did not need to ask to know that Hypnos had not greeted his partner in leadership.

The stallion listened intently as Mercury spoke, it came to no surprise that his family could be both Greek and Roman. Hell, he was a son of both Greece and Rome, albeit a bastard child. But to the gods, it did not really matter, for they made lots of bastard children with mortals anyways. Hercules, Theseus, they were all demigods, children of gods and mortals. The boy proceeded to state that his mother's family followed another religion, bear gods apparently, Arion withheld a scoff of incredulousness. Who would worship bear gods, he wondered, but did not voice his question aloud, he did not need enemies in the Rise.

Vikings, he had heard of them, met them even on his travels. Their traditions did not appeal to him but he appreciated it nonetheless. War and battle, plunder and raids, he understood. He was never a peaceful being anyways. The Greek could've made himself a home among those wolves but in the end he left once more, his wanderer's heart taking hold, besides, he knew he could never worship their gods. "Vikings, I've lived with them before. Their gods are....Óðinn, Thor, Loki et cetera et cetera," the stallion said. "Does your adoptive father worship them?"

Though curiosity burned in his heart, Arion did not ask why he wished to change his name to Mercury or what his original name was. But he could feel the words begging to be spoken, could feel them lingering on his tongue.
Messages In This Thread
tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 24, 2015, 07:01 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 03:36 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 05:58 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 06:44 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 08:51 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 09:16 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 12:11 PM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 26, 2015, 05:50 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 30, 2015, 05:32 AM