Redtail Rise tell me that i'm still breathing
102 Posts
Ooc —
Mercury noted Arion's wistful glance at the horizon, understanding the look and it's unspoken connotations well enough. Mercury had gotten to explore some of the world beyond the Teekon Wilds, too, and had been particularly happy in Flightless Falcon with his father's family — or a portion of them anyway but something had lured him back to the Wilds, despite it. It was like a siren's call, intuition warning him to stay away but he wasn't able to resist. Perhaps it wasn't a drastic as that, but leaving wasn't an option. He had sworn his loyalty to Redtail Rise, and he had Gunnar to look after. Sure, Gunnar was a man now, just as Mercury himself was but Gunnar's fly-off-the-handle reaction to Mercury's mention of Ragnar (cruel as it'd been) had only affirmed that his family here needed him. He hadn't thought so at one point, and perhaps even now he was dead wrong, but it was nice to believe he was needed; that he served a purpose beyond being the scapegoat and literal black sheep of the Lodbrok family (even though he wasn't technically apart of that family anymore).

“The adventures off the world beyond are alluring and intoxicating, as are it's dangers,” But maybe Mercury was just brazen in the face of danger. He wasn't necessarily reckless, he considered, too calculated to allow himself to be careless but he enjoyed it. It reminded him a lot of the stories Perseus had liked to tell, myths and legends of the Romans and Greeks. It was easy to feel like one of the heroes in the stories, something that appeased Mercury's inner child a great deal, secretly. Mercury was quiet when Arion mused aloud, kicking up grass to spread more of the scent in his paw pads around. "But it is good to be home." He concluded in a contemplative murmur before he pushed forward to continue their patrol and scent marking a few feet away.
Messages In This Thread
tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 24, 2015, 07:01 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 24, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 03:36 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 05:58 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 06:44 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 08:51 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 25, 2015, 09:16 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 25, 2015, 12:11 PM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Arion - May 26, 2015, 05:50 AM
RE: tell me that i'm still breathing - by Mercury - May 30, 2015, 05:32 AM