Blacktail Deer Plateau Be strong tonight
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Beast says feel free to skip it; it'll be posting as necessary... ;)

As he came closer, Peregrine felt trepidation growing in his breast at the sheer size of the animals. Even the young bull was much larger up close than he'd anticipated. The swarthy wolf hung back, observing them as the cow continued to drink. He licked his chops, yearning to go after them. He was strong and daring but he wasn't outright stupid, so he began to second-guess his plan to attack.

The hairs on the back of his neck suddenly stood on end and he turned to see Hawkeye running up behind him. He blinked at her, then silently motioned for her to fall back. He then led her away from the moose and into the shadow of the plateau, where he felt like he could talk to her without the ungulates picking up on the sound of his voice. He was careful to remain downwind too.

"What're you doing up, babe? Can you believe they're traveling so close to the plateau? I really want to go after one..." He looked longingly at the moonlit silhouettes of the mismatched pair, then back to his mate. "But the risk's too great. I can't take them on alone. And it'd be even riskier for you. One kick and..." He didn't dare speak the words as his dusky blue-green eyes fell to her swollen sides.

When they lifted yet again to connect with hers, Peregrine suddenly recollected his earlier thoughts. Here was an unprecedented opportunity to talk it out with his mate, yet he felt his stomach tighten at the thought. He wasn't sure what he wanted to say or do yet. Now that she was here, he wasn't even sure he wanted to say anything. Maybe his concerns would pass, never to be outwardly acknowledged...

"Do you ever feel like maybe... you don't like having me beside you? I mean, not as your mate. I know you love me, as I love you. But... as an Alpha?" They just came spilling out of him anyway. "I don't want to upset or offend you, babe, so please don't be angry with me. It's just—I've been thinking about it lately and I really don't even feel like an Alpha male. I guess you're just too strong-willed..." He smiled lopsidedly, even as his heart beat nervously in his chest, worried that Hawkeye would take it the wrong way and even more worried, in a way, that she would agree with him and their picture perfect partnership would inevitably change forever.
Messages In This Thread
Be strong tonight - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 05, 2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by ThE nArRaToR - March 06, 2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 06, 2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Hawkeye - March 06, 2014, 05:17 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 06, 2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Hawkeye - March 07, 2014, 03:21 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 07, 2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Hawkeye - March 07, 2014, 04:28 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 07, 2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Hawkeye - March 07, 2014, 04:38 PM
RE: Be strong tonight - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 07, 2014, 04:44 PM