Redhawk Caldera Out on the verge of the rest of our lives
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Pan seemed ready and willing to follow him anywhere tonight, which made Peregrine's insides feel warm and fuzzy. He pondered a moment, then decided aloud, "Let's find someplace just for you and me. I don't mind telling the kids about you eventually, especially if this goes where I hope it goes..." He paused, grinning a little and trying to catch the other's eye. "But let's wait a little bit for that. I know of the perfect place too."

He motioned for Pan to follow him and began cantering up toward the caldera's rim. When they hit the ridge line, he paused and admired the views on either side a moment before dipping down into the interior. Peregrine's broad paws carried him to a pebbly stretch of beach that gave way to softer sand. They could fall asleep to the sound of the moonlit water lapping nearby.

"I'm just going to go tell Fox where I am, then I'll be back," Peregrine breathed into Pan's ear, giving it a nip before turning and disappearing back up and over the rise. He knew this wouldn't bother Fox one bit. They wouldn't be far and she seemed to be a pretty big fan of Pan herself.

Ten minutes later, Peregrine reappeared and slowed to a halt at Pan's shoulder. "Come here," he invited in a slightly breathless voice, backpedaling to take a seat on the silky sands. He slowly lowered himself sideways, his left flank flush with the soft ground and his toes pointing in the direction of the water. The black Alpha curled his body, then patted the little circle his legs created, meaning for Pan to lay down there.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Out on the verge of the rest of our lives - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 13, 2015, 11:33 AM