i think that they could be the better half of me.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Mordecai focused his question in on one of the topics she had begun, for which Harlyn was grateful.  She wanted to discuss them both in time, but for now she was content with detailing the latter.  That was the conversation she had meant to start in the first place, after all.  The confession of her feelings was not something she'd intended - her heart had done that on its own.

"Because I'm not happy at the Plateau," she replied, honesty touching her words and causing her to abandon any pretense, "I've never felt at home there, and now Dante is talking of enemies and wars and.. I don't want to be in a position where the Plateau is threatened and he takes off to defend some pack to the North.  What sort of alpha would do that?"  Guilt wracked her heart as she spoke.  She liked Dante, she truly did, but she had little faith in him as a leader.  His decisions were full of passion and quite naive, and she simply couldn't stand the thought of him putting Mordecai in danger due to it, even if it would be done with innocence and the best of intentions.

"Besides that...  I have others to think of," Harlyn continued, "There are some who would follow us, who are waiting to do so.  I can't leave them without a home any longer.  They are my family too, just as much as you are."
Messages In This Thread
RE: i think that they could be the better half of me. - by Harlyn - July 23, 2015, 07:32 PM