i think that they could be the better half of me.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
ngl i was about halfway through the fourth paragraph when i decided to sit here and twirl my bangs mindlessly for a good 10 minutes. i'm so tired, why am i still awake.

She felt as though she had driven him to an impasse, or some imaginary point in which he found himself ultimately torn between two different decisions. Though to say that wasn't in some essence the truth would have been a lie, the decision process he found himself going through was hardly difficult. It was more as though taking a piece of grimy glass and restoring it to some point where one could view it again, and the perspective was a necessary cataclyst. He found himself smiling at her words though the action itself was absent, even placating.

He understood her desires to some extent; the ceiling above her not glass, but concrete. There would be no shattering or breaking through to something more, not here. And while he understood the desire to covet territory, to even defend it, he had long lived a different lifestyle that shed those natural constraints. Or at least he had; it had been a long time since Mordecai found the true pull of long distance calling after him. He travelled still, only now in circles with some central location that served as some semblance of home.

All of this they had spoken about once upon a time, a memory now shelved and growing thick with dust and age. His smile broadened for a moment, as though he had finally become self-aware to the motion. But his lips remained pursed for a moment, as he found the urge to be verbose lacking, as though the articulation itself was conspicuously absent as well.

"I wouldn't call it an ultimatum, nor are you making me do anything I wouldn't want to do," he stated. "I've given it some thought, what you said before, and honestly I thought I would have moved on from this place by now. Not that it isn't home in some way or that I'm not comfortable, it isn't that at all." In fact, he had found the idyllic span of the Plateau quite comfortable. Even now, in light of whatever nonsense dared to bud, he was comfortable. His mouth hovered open for a moment, eyes scanning past Harlyn as he searched for something more to say. "Maybe it's just time to settle somewhere." He knew that had he clung to how he had lived before, the Plateau would have long ago been in the rear view. He would have left as soon as spring had came. But he hadn't.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i think that they could be the better half of me. - by Mordecai - July 27, 2015, 01:56 AM