i think that they could be the better half of me.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
When it came to what he felt, Mordecai knew he was certain about how he felt regarding most things. For certain, he knew he would not take Harlyn's companionship for granted. Nor would he take the kindness that Dante had extended to him for granted. But even he was aware that the call of the wilds did not pull him in so, that he had begun to slow and fall easily into the repetitive rhythm that life had here. Perhaps there was simply something so captivating about the wilderness here that made it differ from others. Perhaps it was something else entirely.

Another peal of thunder withdrew him from his thoughts as she spoke, this time her voice rising over it. This clap of weather came from further away; perhaps the storm would miss them altogether. Or perhaps it was still yet to come ashore some many distant miles away. "Oh?" he pressed, wondering what sort of a place she had in mind. Her ventures away from the plateau had not gone unnoticed by him, but he did not pry into what was her business without reason.

This time, he made the exception. "Tell me about it."
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i think that they could be the better half of me. - by Mordecai - July 30, 2015, 08:10 PM