Greatwater Lake Sawyer, you're going out a youngster
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
For the entire duration, Wildfire said nothing. Saena supposed that was better than if the youth had got up and attacked her. It was more evident now that Peregrine and Fox weren't training their offspring to be hateful little demons after all; if Wildfire had gotten physical, then Saena would've believed otherwise. Instead, the pup sat there for a long time and when she finally did speak, it was to say that she didn't know what to say.

"You don't have to say anything," said the older woman. Saena knew without Wildfire saying it that it was unlikely she would be believed, but then, there was the smallest part of her that hoped Fox and Peregrine had never known her children would learn this story. Had never told them a different version. While Saena's memory of events was selective—while she forgot that Peregrine had extended an invitation to the entire pack and she had refused solely because he hadn't had the tact to pull her and her siblings aside and talk to them about it first—she didn't say anything inherently untrue, and she hoped that sincerity would somehow reach Wildfire. She didn't know why she wanted her half-sibling to know the truth, except that maybe it would stop the fear of attack that hung over her pack like a shroud.

Who knew, maybe Wildfire would reverse her pack's opinion of Saena and her followers if she knew the truth behind all of it. This was all assuming the pack even knew about her. It was becoming more and more likely now that Saena had never been mentioned to them. She wasn't sure if that stung more or not; it suggested that Peregrine had never spoke of them, which might be worse.

"Just don't grow up to be as quick to judge as they are," she said with finality, frowning out over the rippling surface of the nearby lake. "Like I said, I was almost killed because my sister did something, and I bet if I got any closer than this they would try again, and no one seems to understand how that feels. It'd be like if your sister did something bad and you got blamed and punished for it. You wouldn't like it either. Maybe you'd be as angry as I was, maybe you'd lash out for the sake of it because you're treated like you tried to kill someone when you wanted to teach them something instead. Just... don't grow up to be that kind of person."
Messages In This Thread
Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 11:36 AM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 12:39 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 12:51 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 01:23 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 02:17 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 04:16 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Saēna - August 10, 2015, 06:24 PM
RE: Sawyer, you're going out a youngster - by Wildfire - August 10, 2015, 06:40 PM