Blackfeather Woods Back then, when I stupidly took pride
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis's eyes widened at the pup's words, why had Kove not told her that he brang his son? Alas, it wasn't any of her concern nor her business, though looking at the child, the resemblance was clear. Their pale coats were a clear definition of relation, only the red mark was of absence on the child. One day, she guessed, the kid would hold the red mark too, following in his father's footprints. It lead her to question exactly how old this kid was, why he was left exploring the woods on his own. Yes, the pack was unified, and they would never dare harm each other but nothing stopped others from harming a Blackfeather wolf, no matter how innocent. She had come to understand that practically all the neighboring packs hated Blackfeather, for reasons deemed immature to her. Was it because they were branded "evil", she did not know. If anything, they were the one's to scorn if they held such notations about Blackfeather, the one who stood firm. While the rest middled about trying to do the right thing, they had no such beliefs, it was what kept them strong. Their unification in adherence to the dark, avoiding the troubles of being a "hero". 
So if the child had followed his father all the way out here, were blood painted the borders of their territory, he had darkness within him, or something of the sort. It was perfect, no matter the size. She would not undermine the kid just because of his age, who knew who he would turn out to be. But, if anything happened to him on her watch, there would be no forgiveness. 

She narrowed her eyes against the kid once more, not adjusting to his exuberant attitude. It was in her right mind to snap at the child, warn him of who he was talking to, be she decided otherwise, he was just a kid anyways.
"No, it really wouldn't have. It would have whipped around and took a bite out of you. Don't underestimate those things" She warned, fully knowing what nunderminding did to oneself. 
"Don't be stupid" She added, her cold eyes meeting his, completely concise. It was the best idea she could give the kid, knowing fully he wouldn't listen to anything else she had to say. 

Her head titled to the side, confusement etched on her features. "It's just you and you dad? What about siblings?" She wondered out loud, knowing how an isolated childhood always turned out. If only her past had been full, reachable siblings, packmates, mother even. But no such things had ever presented themselves, just to train, to be better, to be emotionally scarred were her closest companions. A kid should always have others to play with, siblings or friends to avoid the possibility of them turning out to be a deranged killer, in her opinion. 
"Yeah, I met him earlier. He seems like a good dad" She shrugged, not really knowing what else to say. Kove had patience, a good attribute to have in this messed up world. It was hard to come by, and she only hoped the kid appreciated what he had.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 05:08 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 05:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 07, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 07, 2015, 06:40 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 08, 2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 09, 2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 09, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 10, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 11, 2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 12, 2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 13, 2015, 05:11 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 14, 2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 18, 2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Xan - October 21, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Back then, when I stupidly took pride - by Nemesis - October 22, 2015, 03:22 PM