unlike the summer, I'm the moon, I'll bring the sun down
toasty
17 Posts
Ooc — ice
Away
@Lakhesis; weeps im sorry 4 the wait (again) ; w; im also v sorry that sien is a conversational disasterpiece, but less sorry about that bc it can't be helped

"I can smell it,” Lakhesis said, almost placatingly. Sien cocked her head slightly to the side and a flicker of confusion crossed her face. Smell it? What was that supposed to mean? How could you smell…? Unless… It began to dawn on Sien that she might’ve misinterpreted the hybrid's meaning. Puzzled, and mildly alarmed, she replayed the past few minutes in her mind's eye, searching for clarifying clues to try and help her reconcile the old information with the new. 

Then, the other seemingly took advantage of her distraction to take another tentative step forward, and she re-focused instantly, unease prickling faintly across her skin at the mental interruption and the hybrid's gradual advance. ”Your blood has gone bad.”  Lakhesis spoke again, eyes bright and unnervingly earnest. The frown that'd appeared on Sien's face deepened; this new statement was just as unhelpfully ambiguous as rest, if not more so. 

She’s playing you, using a metaphor and hoping you won’t catch on, her mental voice murmured, ever the paranoid pessimist, as she tried to parse her own conflicting impressions. Sien flicked her gaze upwards, and though she could only see a scattered diffusion of light bleeding through the clustered canopy, it was enough to strengthen her resolve. Yes, it was entirely possible she was being mocked, but she'd made a promise, and regardless of what was really going on, she would do her best, Sien decided, to assume the best. 

”Okay,” She said at last, accepting the female's assessment. ”Thanks for telling me.” She added after a short pause, some measure of warmth returning to her demeanor now that she’d sorted out how to approach the situation. 

Although Sien didn’t put much stock in the idea of being able to “smell bad blood,” she'd made her bed and she was determined to lie in it. She’d humor the hybrid if nothing else, and if it so happened that what Lakhesis was saying was legitimate and her blood really was tainted somehow... well, she’d cross that bridge when she came to it, if ever

It was unclear to Sien what, exactly, “bad blood” entailed, let alone how to go about treating it, but she felt fine now, and that was enough. A more pressing matter, and one that'd just occurred to her however, was worth voicing. "Is it contagious?" She asked, somewhat belatedly. It wouldn't do for a Sunbound Sect disciple to go around spreading diseases after all; she was supposed to be helping others, not hurting them. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: unlike the summer, I'm the moon, I'll bring the sun down - by Sien - November 06, 2015, 09:36 PM