Blackbeak Bluff My mama don't like you, and she likes everyone*
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Even the air smells unfamiliar here. Saena cants her muzzle upward, sniffs deeply the salt on the breeze. She's been to the ocean before, but it's been a while. An errant wind off the coast ruffles her fur and intensifies the salty tang to something almost unbearable; she scrunches her nose and makes to turn away, and that's when Casmir's voice reaches her.

For a moment, she doesn't recognize him. Her hackles ripple with uncertainty. But then his face, somewhat more filled out than she remembers, with its deep gold-orange eyes, triggers familiarity and she is reminded of that day with Burke. He'd been younger then—but so had she. Time hadn't changed Casmir much, she notes as she begins to pick her way toward him. He's thicker now, but much the same as well. She places her feet carefully, mindful of the precarious edge she treads along. There's no telling where the cliff might weaken, and she doesn't wish to traumatize him by falling. She also wants to live, of course, and so she walks slowly but deliberately.

For now, Saena holds her tongue. She's curious what the boy wants with her and why he drew attention to himself, but she assumes he'll say something when she's nearer. His hesitance doesn't register with Saena, who knows nothing about the boy except that he's younger than her and wouldn't understand it anyway. Besides, she isn't always very perceptive, and has no issue going to him without knowing he's specifically chosen to stay where he is.
Messages In This Thread
My mama don't like you, and she likes everyone* - by Saēna - November 23, 2015, 07:12 PM
RE: My mama don't like you, and she likes everyone* - by Saēna - November 24, 2015, 12:13 AM