Blackbeak Bluff My mama don't like you, and she likes everyone*
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
There's a delay between the fall and her comprehension of it where her mouth is stretched open in silent horror, but then a frightened scream rips from her throat and her stomach leaps. She's unable to see Casmir, but in a split second he's closed the distance. He reaches out and she feels him grab hold of her ruff, but gravity coupled with his distance is enough that he rips a tuft of hair free but doesn't stop her. She plummets and in so doing, squeezes shut her eyes in anticipation for pain.

It comes. She hits the ground with a sickening thud and feels pain slice through her side, but it's not the impact she was expecting. The rocky beach was so far below that impact should've immediately killed her. This impact has certainly broken a rib or two, but thankfully only that; she hit with her side and though her shoulder smarts and her hip is on fire, Saena is free from any terribly immobilizing breaks besides a cracked rib. She slowly blinks open one eye to find the world spinning as pain wells up and overwhelms her, but she keeps it open long enough to see Casmir on a ledge above.

She is lucky to have landed on a ledge rather than on the beach below. Her hindleg dangles over the lip of this ledge, and between it and the beach, there is nothing but air. A couple steps further and Saena would have missed this ledge entirely. She tries to breathe a sigh of relief, but her consciousness is slipping as adrenaline, fear and shock begin to set in, and soon her open eye rolls back and she passes out.
Messages In This Thread
My mama don't like you, and she likes everyone* - by Saēna - November 23, 2015, 07:12 PM
RE: My mama don't like you, and she likes everyone* - by Saēna - December 11, 2015, 06:28 PM