Moonspear My kind
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Wildfire had made the introductions to the newcomer, introducing herself first and then Tev. Caribbean and silver gaze did not lift from Mistywind, studying her with only a little weariness. She was a part of Moonspear and that made her family in some sense but the Ragnarsson was a bit of a critic — not as big of a critic to others as he was himself, as it stood, but a critic nevertheless. She confirmed that she, indeed new to the pack and that Amekaze had accepted her into their fold. Tev didn't know Amekaze that well at all — a fact that he should probably seek to change in the near future. A sharp, poignant and metallic scent tickled the young Viking's nose and his scarring muzzle wrinkled slightly as he recognized it immediately as blood. There was a ghost throb in his muzzle, an echo of the white hot pain he'd felt as the bear's claws had struck and torn through the flesh there. Of course, with the adrenaline that had been pulsing through his blood stream at that point he hadn't felt the pain until after he'd fled the scene, grateful to still be alive and realizing just how stupid his confrontation had been.

Mistywind had let out a whine before she laid down before the two yearlings, blood seeping from the wound. Tev could not see it with the distance between them, and was no healer even so (probably the best thing considering colors no doubt played an important role in medicines and poisons). His lips had parted to inquire as to where she'd gotten injured since she hadn't seemed to be limping upon her approach to them when she screamed out about a stupid bear. On instinct, Tev's hackles bristled. “You engaged the bears on your own?” He demanded, rougher than he'd initially intended, sharp gaze locking upon her monochrome form, a slight rumble brewing in his chest. Of course, he really had no leg to stand on in that respect because he'd done the same thing a month or so ago. It was the only logical assumption he could make since the party that had scouted the two bears had been before even Tev had joined up and way before Mistywind had joined their ranks. He hadn't even known about them until Wildfire had mentioned them. 

Tev might have no longer been afraid of bears but that didn't mean he didn't acknowledge their danger and threat level. They were not meek prey. They were predators, and could outmatch a single wolf any day. “You could have gotten yourself killed,” He'd seen the damage the bear had done to Swift, blinded his younger brother and had left nasty claw marks on his body. Tev was lucky he'd escaped with the ugly mars on his muzzle. It could have, so easily, been so much worse, he had realized shortly after. “You could have gotten us killed.” He meant the pack as a whole. One bear was bad enough but two bears was worse. His thoughts flashed to Floki, immediately, and he felt something tight in his chest. No, he would not allow harm to befall upon his twin. The bears would not touch him. The soft rumble that had been building in his chest passed through his lips and he took a deep breath in attempt to get ahold of himself. 

“I'm sorry,” Tev spoke when he realized he wasn't really being friendly. “I just...I know better than anyone what bears can do.” And he seemed cursed with them, unable to get away from them no matter where he went. He shifted his weight then, awkwardly. “You should probably go see my mom, Thistle Cloud, about getting that wound tended to.” Because Tev was as about useless as a leaf when it came to healing, and his mother was the only healer he knew of in the pack.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
My kind - by Wildfire - December 07, 2015, 07:16 PM
RE: My kind - by Kjalarr - December 08, 2015, 06:02 PM
RE: My kind - by Wildfire - December 09, 2015, 10:38 AM
RE: My kind - by Kjalarr - December 09, 2015, 03:32 PM
RE: My kind - by Mistywind - December 10, 2015, 01:12 AM