Lost Creek Hollow The Warmth That Thaws a Soul
9 Posts
Ooc — Poe
Joining 
"What was I thinking", Siku thought to himself as he trudged through a shallow section of icy river, "It's been days since I've found any evidence of other wolves and even that I'm not sure was a wolf". Siku felt thoroughly sorry for himself but he knew that he needed to find some of his kind before he starved to death in the grip of the winter. "Well," Siku smirked to himself, "half my kind.".

Siku had seen what appeared to be a fairly large forest in the distance while trying to catch fish from the partially frozen river and he thought that there would be shelter, if there was shelter then there was prey and if there was prey there would be other wolves there and maybe a whole pack. Ever since his mother had chased him off he had been trying to reconnect with the wolf side of his family, so far with horrible luck, he had lived his entire life as a coyote and he hadn't the first idea about the things wolves do. Siku snarled as a snowflake landed on his exposed back scars, sending icy hot sensations down the length of his spine and interrupting his thoughts. Siku glanced up at the snow that had started falling lightly from the sky and almost immediately began running as quickly as he could to reach the scant cover of the forest.

As Siku neared the edge of the forest his nostrils were suddenly filled with the smells of other animals and Siku came to a skidding halt, kicking up snow and pebbles in all directions. Siku paused a moment to catch his breath and then began circling the area with his nose to the ground, it certainly was some other animal smell and it was a smell that was similar to Siku, yet somehow different; stronger, muskier. "Well it certainly smells like the last scent I had, if it's not wolves then I'll be a salmon's uncle." and with that Siku sat on his haunches and let out a few yips that shortly turned into the howl of a wolf. Siku grimaced, he certainly hadn't meant to sound like a coyote in the beginning, Siku dejectedly lay his head on his paws in frustration hoping that the pack would take him in despite his coyote half. The new position on the ground further displayed his ribs, evidence of the hunger that had been gnawing at him for days.
Messages In This Thread
The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 18, 2015, 09:03 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 19, 2015, 06:31 AM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 19, 2015, 01:14 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 19, 2015, 06:20 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 19, 2015, 10:48 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 20, 2015, 07:47 AM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Mordecai - December 20, 2015, 01:54 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 20, 2015, 03:48 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Ancalagon - December 20, 2015, 04:09 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Mordecai - December 22, 2015, 06:25 PM
RE: The Warmth That Thaws a Soul - by Siku Wolf - December 23, 2015, 12:31 AM