Lost Creek Hollow I'm unsure of where I stand
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Lagon's ears slicked back to rest atop his crown at half mast when she let out a low whimper, telling him the things that perhaps she could not bring herself to say aloud to him. Feeling guilty for choosing to not immediately take the vacated seat at her side he moved towards her, settling upon his haunches easily, offering her a bump of his shoulder against hers — a gesture meant to comfort and support. They didn't have to know one another well enough to support and offer comfort, did they? Lagon didn't think so. They were pack mates and thus they were each others support system, like how a backbone supported their bodies whether they knew one another well or not. At some point that ceased to matter. They were a family, regardless. 

The question she blurted out to him was vague, though it inspired his curiosity. For the sake of not wanting to pry into anything she wasn't willing to share he kept it from making itself known. Her question had a sort of ominous feel to it, and he couldn't help but wonder, exactly, what kind of mistakes she was making mention of. Were they current or previous? Would they affect Lost Creek Hollow in any shape or form? Would it jeopardize the pack? As an aspiring guardian these were the questions that seemed the highest priority to him because, to be frank, the safety of the pack was always his main concern; especially so with Harlyn being so very pregnant and the young ones they would have soon. It meant that he was more protective of the borders and wolves within and not just as a would-be guardian but also as a Pupsitter prospect. He had nothing but absolute respect for Mordecai and Harlyn and he doubted it would take long for him to have affection for their babes when they were born.

Then again, Lagon tended to grow attached at an alarmingly rapid rate. He was silent for some time as he considered her question, his contemplation written all over his face. “Well,” He inhaled deeply and left it out in a soft exhale. “I guess that depends on the mistake. Whether it's big or small. No one likes making mistakes but I've learned over my short span of life that the best thing to do is be honest about and admit it. Admitting it allows you to forgive yourself for it and puts things in motion towards being able to not only make it right but also to learn from it. It's hard to admit it, usually out of self shame but my father always told me it's always best to be honest about things.” That was the purpose of mistakes, Sveinx had always told him growing up, to take from them and learn so that they were not repeated.

Lagon could not claim that he was in any way qualified to be giving advice, especially because he was one a little over a year old but he was going to try because that was the kind of creature he was. He wanted to help even if he really didn't know how; though he felt some surprise that his previous words he could easily hear Sveinx in them and spent a very short amount of time marveling that, for once in his life, he managed to sound a little bit like his father.
Messages In This Thread
I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 08, 2016, 10:21 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 09, 2016, 11:04 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 09, 2016, 02:57 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 10, 2016, 07:22 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 10, 2016, 10:29 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 10, 2016, 11:31 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 10, 2016, 12:02 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 12, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 12, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 13, 2016, 04:04 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 13, 2016, 05:52 PM