Lost Creek Hollow I'm unsure of where I stand
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I didn't want to assume he knew specifics or anything b/c he never asked...lol. :p

Lagon had been told about a cougar (perhaps in passing Victoria can't remember) of course but he hadn't asked specifics. As far as Lagon had been aware up until this point he didn't even know they had names like wolves did. “I never asked Mordecai how he'd gotten injured. It felt rude and insensitive to pry in something I never considered my business,” Lagon responded simply, feeling a little miffed that she spoke as if this should have been his common knowledge. Perhaps in some ways he could be looked down upon for not asking especially since she seemed concerned that the attack on Mordecai — and Luke whom according to her had been attacked by the same cougar boiled down to endangering the pack. As a guardian (or wanna be one) this was concerning but it also felt a little bit like she was saying that Mordecai and Luke had made the mistake(s) and that they would be endangering Lost Creek Hollow. “Given your previous questions of mistakes it almost sounds like you're blaming them.” The circumstances in which their injuries were unknown to Lagon and without these missing puzzle pieces and left to the devices of his personal interpretation ...it almost sounded as if she were speaking treason.

Lagon did not know either Mordecai or Luke all that well (though he knew the former better than he knew the latter whom he hadn't even officially met yet) but he would stand behind his belief that neither of the Hollow's male leaders would intentionally endanger Lost Creek Hollow. “I haven't scented any cougar along the borders or in the territory and I'm pretty vigilant on them,” He wasn't boasting merely speaking the truth. “I understand you're scared but the only thing we can do is patrol the borders...or track him down which from what you've told me isn't a good idea.” Lagon paused for a moment. “I don't mean to be disrespectful,” For the dragon was aware she was a higher rank than him but he saw no reason not to speak freely. “but you could aid in patrols. Perhaps it would help you feel safer to take action on the defense front?” It was a suggestion and not spoke unkindly. 

“It's worrisome and I'm not going to undermine that but you can't spend all your time obsessing over it, either, y'know? There are things you can do without provoking Shardul further, we can maybe prepare and keep our eyes out but there's other things that need our attention too. Caches need to be filled, and Harlyn looks like she's about to pop any day now.” Puppies were a good thing; the bringing of new life something that the Hollow could celebrate. A light in their darkening path. Hope, even. Lagon was excited about them, at any rate. "The pups are going to need the pack's attention." Since, in Lagon's experience, the whole pack helped out in raising them, the deed not left for the parents to bear alone.
Messages In This Thread
I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 08, 2016, 10:21 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 09, 2016, 11:04 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 09, 2016, 02:57 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 10, 2016, 07:22 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 10, 2016, 10:29 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 10, 2016, 11:31 AM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 10, 2016, 12:02 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 12, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 12, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ancalagon - January 13, 2016, 04:04 PM
RE: I'm unsure of where I stand - by Ilya - January 13, 2016, 05:52 PM