Redhawk Caldera let's run, not walk.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Somnia sensed Fin's discomfort.  It was obvious, but Finley was... Finley.  She was too busy playing it cool to look too far into whether or not her companion was doing the same.  She listened intently to what the former gamma had to say and found herself smiling softly and sincerely.  It didn't take much to remind her of why she had once upon a time truly liked this woman.  But it also didn't take her suspicions long to remind her that they were not so easily silenced.

"I'm alright," Fin replied, knowing full well that she'd have said so even if she was standing before Somnia in two completely separate pieces instead of one, "No permanent damage."  She turned her head away slightly, though it already had been angled away to hide the side of her face that was scarred from the quills the porcupine had planted upon her, just below her cheek and down the side of her neck towards her shoulder.  The fur there was still gruff and had had a difficult time growing back as smooth and thick as it had been.  Fin had learned very well how to minimize how noticeable it was, but a full on glimpse of it would have left no doubt that something had happened to scar her once immaculate facade so deeply.

"Eljay does thankfully take more after my mate," Fin said, ever so subtly enforcing Elwood's status of belonging to her without overstating it, "Even moreso since I got hurt.  I'm hoping to break him of it once he's older, though."  She grinned fiendishly, though she wasn't completely serious about her intentions.  There was no denying the boy needed to get out of his shell, but the motherly part of her was not at all keen on her child behaving as recklessly as she always had.  She had no desire to suffer from anxiety like her poor mother likely had.

Messages In This Thread
let's run, not walk. - by Finley - December 11, 2015, 07:26 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Somnia - December 29, 2015, 12:23 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Finley - January 06, 2016, 08:04 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Somnia - January 10, 2016, 08:11 PM
RE: let's run, not walk. - by Finley - January 14, 2016, 08:30 PM