Moonspear daughter knows best
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire felt relief wash over her, though it was short-lived. Fox quickly broke the bad news: something was wrong with Peregrine. He had lost his sense of smell. The young she-wolf blinked. How could something like that happen? He was still partially blind too. The knowledge that Peregrine intended to step down as Alpha slammed into Wildfire like a car into a brick wall. Her amber eyes began to bug slightly when Fox mentioned stepping down with him. Everything had been so hunky dory during their last visit just a few short weeks ago. How could everything have gone so terribly, horribly wrong?

"Mom, I..." she began, eyes pitying as she looked her dam dead in the face. "I'm sorry all of this is happening to you." Slowly, it began to dawn on her that Fox had come here seeking advice. Wildfire was at once deeply, deeply flattered... and overwhelmed. She had no idea what to tell her, though she desperately wanted to reassure her mother that everything would be okay.

"If he wants to step down, if he thinks that's best, then I guess..." she began uncertainly, then shifted slightly to add, "But I don't think you should step down! You're still—" Wildfire's voice broke off abruptly as she searched for the right word. "There's no reason you can't still be an Alpha, right? And Aunt Flea and Uncle El, they're hunters. They'll make sure nobody goes hungry. Mom, it'll be okay..."

And then, in a moment of impulsiveness incredibly out of character for her, Wildfire suddenly blurted a thought even as it occurred to her, "I'm a hunter now. I can come back and help if you need me. I'll even step up as Alpha male if it helps you guys!" Of course, that was a ridiculous notion but it was the sentiment that mattered. If they needed her, Wildfire... she would go to them.

jeebus what have i done
Messages In This Thread
daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 18, 2016, 11:38 PM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 18, 2016, 11:46 PM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 18, 2016, 11:54 PM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 12:07 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 12:35 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 12:49 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 12:58 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 01:10 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by RIP Fox - January 19, 2016, 01:22 AM
RE: daughter knows best - by Wildfire - January 19, 2016, 10:03 AM