Neverwinter Forest all around the world
252 Posts
Ooc —
Were Eshe anyone else in the world but Eshe, she might have bristled at the others anger. But a true empath, she felt it was not directed toward her at all. She was not privy to the thoughts inside his head, and so could only imagine it was for his loss. To bring it up again must have stung him... she felt apologetic herself, too, but did not wilt.

You don't have to explain, Eshe spoke softly. I was really angry when I lost my parents, too. I still am. The admittance was deeply personal to her, and this was something she had told no one. But Charon was family, in a way, wasn't he? She felt safe sharing this with him, and it showed in her expressive features. She was an open book. Maybe you don't think the same of me and that's okay but, I look at you as family too. I lost everyone. An' your actual aunt took me in for a while--Deshyr. So anything you ever wanna know... of course I'll tell you, she nodded to him. She had only asked because she was not sure what he felt of his late father... and now she felt she knew.

So after a beat, letting him digest this, and also giving him a moment to let her down roughly or easily or else not at all, Eshe thought of a story.

When Deshyr and Verrine were young, Desh got caught in a tree. I guess she supposed she was smaller than she was. Honestly, I'm not sure how she managed to do it. She went in rear-first. Said it looked like the perfect little area to nap. So she wedged herself in there real good. Eshe squinted, able to picture it perfectly, Deshyr in that position. But Deshyr had turned into a regal. Still, the rambunctious, silly side of her prevailed from time to time. So she napped, snug in that fallen log, and when she woke up she was ready to go. Except she couldn't go. She was stuck in that log!!! Only her head was out of the thing. Must've puffed up when she slept or something, who knows... she just knew she was stuck, and stuck real good. And who was the first person she called? She waited a bit, Yup, you better believe it, your pops! He was always helping her when she got into tough spots... in this case, literally she was in a rough spot... haha... well, he saw her there, and he didn't laugh or nothin'. Just looked at her real confused. He was probably thinking what you might be thinkin', and I definitely was thinkin' when I first heard it: how?!?!

Eshe paused at this point for air, and then went on. Anyway, your dad, he was a quick thinker. Maybe he could've called their parents, an' your grandparents, but he didn't. He figured out what to do all himself. Deshyr never did tell us what exactly he used to get her out of there, 'cept for promisin' us no pee was involved, insert bleck face here, He got Deshyr right out of there, though. And Deshyr showed us the very place she got stuck too. What else?

Your father helped chase 'yotes off with Deshyr, and was a good guardian. Always trainin' and stuff... I know on account of her son, she always would say, 'you're just like you're uncle'. There were more stories, but she could not think of any at that instant except for the lengthy one she had told him.
Messages In This Thread
all around the world - by Charon - February 29, 2016, 10:07 AM
RE: all around the world - by Eshe RIP - February 29, 2016, 10:33 AM
RE: all around the world - by Charon - March 01, 2016, 02:08 AM
RE: all around the world - by Eshe RIP - March 01, 2016, 09:44 AM
RE: all around the world - by Charon - March 01, 2016, 10:05 AM
RE: all around the world - by Eshe RIP - March 01, 2016, 10:31 AM
RE: all around the world - by Charon - March 01, 2016, 11:09 AM
RE: all around the world - by Eshe RIP - March 01, 2016, 11:32 AM
RE: all around the world - by Charon - March 02, 2016, 03:00 AM
RE: all around the world - by Eshe RIP - March 08, 2016, 10:51 AM
RE: all around the world - by Charon - March 09, 2016, 06:40 AM